300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msp starting pay

whats the starting pay for msp? I have been really thinking about applying even though im almost done with pg?

How far are you with PG? And if you are so far along with them why would want to apply with MSP and wait another six months to get into an academy?

Comment

i am now just so interested from talking to officers in state. All i have left for pg is psych and medical so i am about done

Comment

That sounds great man! I would tell you to stick with PG, you're almost there and once you pass the psych all you have is the medical, which almost nobody fails. If you start with MSP you're going to have to wait another six months to get through the process and then get into an academy. If you get hired on with PG you could be done with the academy and out onto patrol before you get into an academy with MSP. MSP doesn't accept transfers from other departments so you would have to go through their academy later on if you still really wanted to be a State Trooper. I met a guy who worked for LAPD and then moved here to Maryland and got hired with MSP, but still had to go through the academy. I would just stick with PG, you're almost there!

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
          Was in northern NJ this weekend and read this article...crazy.

The average police officer salary after 5 years 105K...wow. The cost of living is not that much higher compared to Mont/Howard.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...d2cWVlRUV5eTI=

Amazing how the state justifies paying an 11 year TFC 57K

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3545 users online. 173 members and 3372 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X