300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG County

I am looking for some honest feedback. I was just called by my BI from PG county. The selection committe has selected me to continue and go to my psych exam. I have passed everything so far. Does this mean Im golden if I pass my psych and Medical? Also what do you guys know of PG good or bad?

Thanks for any help

steve

Just keep taking the test. Your really never "in" until you actually start the academy, but the department can drop you anytime till you are off probation. As far as the area, take home care (with in the county) plenty of overtime, and very busy (according to them).

Comment

PG is a very busy department. Districts 1 and 3 are the busiest. On the evening shift you come right out of roll call running call to call. It's not rare to hear that 30 calls are "holding". The morale, well that's all in who you talk to. Some love it, some hate it and can't leave cause they are close to retirement. Just keep in mind no department is "perfect".
      "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Hay steve06 when is your pysch exam scheduled.

Comment

i passed psych and everything else, signed a conditional, and then was cut. be careful, nothing is set in stone until you start the academy

Comment

i have passed all the steps so i wam just waiting now

Comment

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
              i passed psych and everything else, signed a conditional, and then was cut. be careful, nothing is set in stone until you start the academy
              I wouldn't even stop there, more like nothing is set in stone until after probation.
              "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Exactly, they have your *** undtil probation's done, but good luck finishing the process.
                Without the Loyalty between us, we are no better than the beasts at our door!

Comment

only took the agility test in April,,still waiting for a call to submit personal history.....does the PGPD need a lot of people.?....and i was wondering what their pay is after five years, i know the starting pay is $44,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Khadafi310 View Post
                    only took the agility test in April,,still waiting for a call to submit personal history.....does the PGPD need a lot of people.?....and i was wondering what their pay is after five years, i know the starting pay is $44,000.
                    they hire about 150 applicants per year.

Comment

If you took the test in April, and still have not heard anything by now, I'd check in on them and see what they tell you. Normally I'd say that was a long time, but I know they had some issues there and had to delay the next class comming in, so that may be the cause of it.
                      Without the Loyalty between us, we are no better than the beasts at our door!

Comment

Amazing...2months after taking agility test, i just found out i have not taken a "prescreening"... anyway i am still curious to what the top pay is for PGPD

Comment

just wondering how the PGPD is,,,,my process is moving in a snail's pace..all i am waiting for is for an BI to contact me.
                          however it states on the website the starting pay is $44,000 what is the top pay?

Comment

Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                            take home car (with in the county)

What's the deal with take home cars.. Their website says that if off duty its limited to the county.. Im sure everyone doesnt run and take their patrol unit out with them all the time when off duty but i mean lets say you live in county but are in a town that is on the border of 2 counties.. How strict is it that your patrol car remain in county? Also its says that you must be available for service if called upon if you have a take home car..Now does this mean if you are out with the take home car and you see an accidetn then you have to act as if you were on duty?? if so are you getting OT for being there? Do you have to be in uniform if using the take home car while off duty?

Also what is the schedual like with PG County?? Days on/off?? How many hour tours?
                            Last edited by JayMan2006; 07-03-2007, 04:04 AM.

Comment

I have friends that are PG County officers, one started out at MPDC with me...

Take home cars are assigned but not allowed to leave Prince Georges County, and if you dont live in Prince Georges County, they car must remain somewhere in Prince Georges County, while you are off. Any PG officers feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4925 users online. 263 members and 4662 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X