Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are civilian military police certified?

anyone know if the military police at fort Meade and Walter reed are certified by MPCTC?

Im in the process with them but my ultimate goal
    is to lateral to a city department in MD.

Wondering if Ill be able to be MPCTC certified and transfer laterally to another department without going to an academy.

Ive heard the army and navy military police go to
    fort Leonardwood for an 8 week military police academy.

Thanks

Don't worry about it, enjoy the work and get experience. When you get hired on by the PD, enjoy the academy and learn their way of doing things, plus enjoy the day shift and weekends while in the academy and develop the friends and relationships.

Comment

If you're referring to Military Police soldiers, you would still need a Maryland academy.
      John from Maryland

Comment

Wtf are civilian military police? Are you talking about the civilian police officers assigned by Departments of the Army and Navy to police Fort Meade and the Walter Reed National Military Medical center? Each goes through a different academy and you would not be eligible for lateral transfer per MPCTC.

If you're talking about being an MP or a Navy MA, you're better off going to a civilian academy.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

He means 0083s. No, we are not certfied... you would still need to go through MPCTC... we are barely even considered LE for LEOSA purposes.
          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

yea sorry should have clarified. The dod cops on base that are all civilians. I believe they are 0083s

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
              He means 0083s. No, we are not certfied... you would still need to go through MPCTC... we are barely even considered LE for LEOSA purposes.
              Thanks for the reply.
              Are you allowed to carry off duty? Either under LEOSA? or is it up tp the base if they allow you to carry off duty?

Comment

If you have the Army Green Card or credential, you can, but normally they don't issue these until you finish Ft Leonard Wood (or whatever base you go to for training). My last post didn't issue them until you were off FTO. I see some posts that allow their officers to carry personal firearms onto post, and lock up in storage during the work day, but they have them fill out a form to allow them access thru the gates (Guards do not get LEOSA coverage).
                Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8207 users online. 332 members and 7875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X