300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDSP Charger?

I've never seen State driving anything other than Fords....so I'm assuming this is just art, right?

Either way, it's pretty dang cool.
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

I just saw one QA County Sherriffs office has on the street.
    Leave Space Empty

Comment

MSP was considering the V8 Hemi's if Dodge would come close to matching the price of the Crwn Vic's and they came down but from what I heard not low enough so they didnt win the contract.
      Last edited by Stare; 04-30-2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Rumor was that Dodge made MSP an offer, but Ford made a better offer by giving 1 Crown Vic free for every four bought. Too sweet an offcer to pass up I guess.

Comment

Didn't Ford stop making the Crown Vic?

Comment

for the last 3 yrs Ford has said it was the last year for Crown Vics. all the depts. go and order an extra 20-40 or something like that so Ford decides that since the intrest is still there they bring back the CV the next year.

the charger is bad ***, period. ours was tearing up breaks & rotors cause it had the factory ones. since they put the slotted / sport rotors its been perfect.

Comment

Enjoy these bad boys! I can't remember where I got them, sorry!

Last edited by 5smellydragons; 05-01-2007, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Do you know if they were police package Chargers? What's interesting is they don't have the police package rims or grill. The Charger shown have the R/T rims and grill which I don't believe come on any of the police models.

Comment

you guys are killing me...MSP doent have a Charger. they were testing the same one that most of the depts. im the state passed around. the "police package" charger you are thinking of is just a concept car.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...hlight=charger
                    Last edited by InterstateLaw; 05-03-2007, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glider View Post
                      I've never seen State driving anything other than Fords....so I'm assuming this is just art, right?

Either way, it's pretty dang cool.

One Bad looking Machine!!!
                      If God is before me, who can stand against me!
                      I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:12-13!

Comment

Definitely a sharp looking car, but needing premium gas, and with premium headed towards $3.50/gallon, I don't think it will happen. The R/T I think only gets around 12mpg city

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin H View Post
                          Definitely a sharp looking car, but needing premium gas, and with premium headed towards $3.50/gallon, I don't think it will happen. The R/T I think only gets around 12mpg city

It's worth voooom voooom!1
                          If God is before me, who can stand against me!
                          I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:12-13!

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin H View Post

Sorry to say none of that is true. The R/T does not need 91 octane gas, it is recommended for 89 (midgrade) but runs fine on 86 (regular). Also the R/T gets 17 mpg in the city and 25 highway. Thats the R/T, ofcourse you can get the 3.5l v6 and get even better mpg.

Comment

The charger shown in the photo was only a test car. The car was fitted with magnetic lettering and a temporary antenna. A Sergeant from Motor Vehicle division drove the car for a while and it was later returned. It was just an R/T. MSP does have two unmarked police package chargers. They are assigned to CVD. ( Figure that one out?) Rumor is that JFK Highway Barrack is getting one or two to go along with their fleet of unmarked cars.
                              "Within these walls train Maryland's Finest"

" Littering and, littering and, littering and"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4052 users online. 254 members and 3798 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X