Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montgomery County Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Montgomery County Police

    I'm hoping to get down there to go on a ride-along or two in the coming weeks, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinion on MCPD. At the job fair the recruiter was very helpful in providing basic information, but I was in a hurry and did not have a chance to get all the details and some of my questions answered. Can anyone explain to me the PT test? Its not something I've seen before. A METS 10 minute running test? Grip strength, etc. Also, how does one go about getting on to a test date for the exam, their site does not seem to provide information about that - unless you have to 'apply' first. And as I said before, any opinions or facts you folks can give me would be appreciated. I liked the whole emphasis on the 'education' thing that the recruiter went with, but of course that may just be a sales pitch.

    Thanks!

  • #2
    I don't know much about the PT test, but I do know that you have to submit an application before you get your test date. Once you do that you'll get your BI packet and a test date letter in a few weeks (at least that's how it worked recently)!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MisterSU
      I'm hoping to get down there to go on a ride-along or two in the coming weeks, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinion on MCPD. At the job fair the recruiter was very helpful in providing basic information, but I was in a hurry and did not have a chance to get all the details and some of my questions answered. Can anyone explain to me the PT test? Its not something I've seen before. A METS 10 minute running test? Grip strength, etc. Also, how does one go about getting on to a test date for the exam, their site does not seem to provide information about that - unless you have to 'apply' first. And as I said before, any opinions or facts you folks can give me would be appreciated. I liked the whole emphasis on the 'education' thing that the recruiter went with, but of course that may just be a sales pitch.

      Thanks!
      If I remember correctly, and I was just at the academy last week. The PT is fairly easy. Theres no running at all. Push-ups are like 17 in a minute.....34 sit-ups in a min...and a couple other things. Thanks to the FOP this is why it's like this. I could be a tab bit off.
      "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BadBoynMD
        If I remember correctly, and I was just at the academy last week. The PT is fairly easy. Theres no running at all. Push-ups are like 17 in a minute.....34 sit-ups in a min...and a couple other things. Thanks to the FOP this is why it's like this. I could be a tab bit off.
        I appreciate the info you both have provided.

        Is that for in the academy - or pre academy? I know the site says nothing of pushups or situps, so thats one of the things Im wondering about. Any idea of what the test is like? Kind of test a general test prep book will help to prepare for?

        Comment


        • #5
          If I were to prep for a written test I would buy a book not about testing to become a Police Officer persay but I've gotten books about doing better on tests in general. There are some good simple books that will walk you through steps to do while taking a test, whether it is for school, a new job, fire, ems, or even law enforcement. Using certain little tips and hints that are generally used for all tests really helped my scores out a lot!

          Comment


          • #6
            Two Injured Officers...

            Not to "threadjack" here, but here's to hoping that the two MCPD Officers injured last night survive and make a full recovery...

            It was the strangest thing - I live in Howard County and at about 2:15-2:20 a.m. (if I recall correctly) I was awoken by a helicopter flying over and past my area... my immediate thought was somebody was being flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore and I couldn't shake the strangest feeling I had that it was an Officer - truly very strange when I woke up and heard the news that it very well could have been them...
            Last edited by JT in MD; 04-25-2007, 02:28 PM.
            "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JT in MD View Post
              Not to "threadjack" here, but here's to hoping that the two MCPD Officers injured last night survive and make a full recovery...
              Ditto.......we are all praying for them!!

              Comment


              • #8
                I will have them in my prayers tonight. Hope they both make a full recovery.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Today I lost a coworker and friend.

                  http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/Ap....asp?NaID=3278

                  Police Officer Dies From Injuries

                  It is with profound regret that we announce at approximately 1:30 a.m., Police Officer I Luke T. Hoffman, age 24, died as a result of his injuries.

                  POI Luke T. Hoffman was hired on January 17, 2006. He was the top graduate in his academy class graduating with Session 48 on July 13, 2006. He received the Overall Academic award and the Harry Hamilton Traffic Award for his class. He was initially assigned to the 6th District, Shift 8, midnights, for field training. Shortly after the completion of his field training in December of 2006, Officer Hoffman was transferred to the 4th District where he was assigned to work on Shift 8, a midnight shift. POI Hoffman was a graduate of McDaniel College and was trained as a firefighter and an EMT. POI Hoffman was twenty-four years old.

                  The Montgomery County Police Department, ask that you keep the Hoffman family in your thoughts and prayers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SFairman View Post
                    Today I lost a coworker and friend.

                    http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/Ap....asp?NaID=3278

                    Police Officer Dies From Injuries

                    It is with profound regret that we announce at approximately 1:30 a.m., Police Officer I Luke T. Hoffman, age 24, died as a result of his injuries.

                    POI Luke T. Hoffman was hired on January 17, 2006. He was the top graduate in his academy class graduating with Session 48 on July 13, 2006. He received the Overall Academic award and the Harry Hamilton Traffic Award for his class. He was initially assigned to the 6th District, Shift 8, midnights, for field training. Shortly after the completion of his field training in December of 2006, Officer Hoffman was transferred to the 4th District where he was assigned to work on Shift 8, a midnight shift. POI Hoffman was a graduate of McDaniel College and was trained as a firefighter and an EMT. POI Hoffman was twenty-four years old.

                    The Montgomery County Police Department, ask that you keep the Hoffman family in your thoughts and prayers.
                    I don't think that words can do any justice at all at a time like this, but to all of his family, friends, and co-workers, please accept my condolences. What a tragedy. Please post any info regarding arrangements so that members of my department can offer our support.

                    "In valor there is hope."
                    -Tacitus

                    "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes, it is how they lived."
                    - Vivian Eney, Survivor

                    "The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion."
                    - Proverbs 28:1

                    "Carved on these walls is the story of America, of a continuing quest to preserve both democracy and decency, and to protect a national treasure that we call the American dream."
                    - President George Bush

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SFairman View Post
                      Today I lost a coworker and friend.

                      http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/Ap....asp?NaID=3278

                      Police Officer Dies From Injuries

                      It is with profound regret that we announce at approximately 1:30 a.m., Police Officer I Luke T. Hoffman, age 24, died as a result of his injuries.

                      POI Luke T. Hoffman was hired on January 17, 2006. He was the top graduate in his academy class graduating with Session 48 on July 13, 2006. He received the Overall Academic award and the Harry Hamilton Traffic Award for his class. He was initially assigned to the 6th District, Shift 8, midnights, for field training. Shortly after the completion of his field training in December of 2006, Officer Hoffman was transferred to the 4th District where he was assigned to work on Shift 8, a midnight shift. POI Hoffman was a graduate of McDaniel College and was trained as a firefighter and an EMT. POI Hoffman was twenty-four years old.

                      The Montgomery County Police Department, ask that you keep the Hoffman family in your thoughts and prayers.
                      I'm truly very sorry for the loss of Officer Hoffman. I'm keeping his family and friends as well as all MCPD Officers in my prayers...
                      "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Isaiah 6:8

                        Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
                        And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


                        Rest in Peace Brother Hoffman...

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 3287 users online. 167 members and 3120 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X