Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Warfare?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gun Warfare?

    Do you think that Maryland Law Enforcement agencies need to upgrade officers service weapons to deal with weapons that criminals can get they hand on in these times?
    If God is before me, who can stand against me!
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:12-13!

  • #2
    We upgraded to the 40. All I can say is I AM GLAD we did. 9mm dont go threw windsheids as easily. HOWEVER, I would like for them to carry M4 and such, but I know MD will never pass it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NightStix
      We upgraded to the 40. All I can say is I AM GLAD we did. 9mm dont go threw windsheids as easily. HOWEVER, I would like for them to carry M4 and such, but I know MD will never pass it.


      I hear ya!
      If God is before me, who can stand against me!
      I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:12-13!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes LEO's should have MP5's to pull traffic

        Comment


        • #5
          I can only dream as I go the range and break in my new Bushmaster.

          Comment


          • #6
            most large agencies already deploy patrol rifles. Im hoping to get mine soon!

            Comment


            • #7
              Better training with the weapons already issued would probably be a better use of resources.
              Depending on the area I don't see how an officer is better served with an AR than with an 870, and I see lots of downsides to an AR.
              Strangely, here the Alcohol Control Board issues its agents AR-15s but Metro Police don't.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Baz
                First thing i'm going to do is buy a Glock 27 for off duty carry. Then I will get an AR-15 and leave it in either the trunk of the patrol car, or put it near me on a gun lock. Then i'll get a HK MP5 for room clearing, i'll leave that in the trunk. Thats about all I need... That dinky beretta we get is no match against an assault rifle. And it only has an effective range of 25-50m. The AR15 will come in handy on the highway, as it allows you to engage targets from farther away (giving the bad guy less of a chance to hit you) and it has a psycological deturrent. Somebody might try something when a handgun is pointed at them, but when there are assault weapons and submachine guns trained on a subject. They will usually comply and surrunder. I'll have to get weapon lights and lasers with them too... I was thinking about getting those intergrated light / laser weapon rail mounted systems from Streamlight.

                Good luck having a department back you if you ever need to use those firearms. Our Agency deploys patrol rifles for those whose qualify but not ever Joe Blow Officer is walking around with a m-4 and mp5.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Baz
                  First thing i'm going to do is buy a Glock 27 for off duty carry. Then I will get an AR-15 and leave it in either the trunk of the patrol car, or put it near me on a gun lock. Then i'll get a HK MP5 for room clearing, i'll leave that in the trunk. Thats about all I need... That dinky beretta we get is no match against an assault rifle. And it only has an effective range of 25-50m. The AR15 will come in handy on the highway, as it allows you to engage targets from farther away (giving the bad guy less of a chance to hit you) and it has a psycological deturrent. Somebody might try something when a handgun is pointed at them, but when there are assault weapons and submachine guns trained on a subject. They will usually comply and surrunder. I'll have to get weapon lights and lasers with them too... I was thinking about getting those intergrated light / laser weapon rail mounted systems from Streamlight.
                  Tackleberry, comes to mind when, I read this. Gotta love those Police Academy movie's.
                  "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Baz
                    I Oh and not to mention maybe its your *** I save one day with a well placed shot from my AR-15 onto a subject from a window peering out taking pop shots at you while you take cover behind your patrol car.
                    See the issue you are missing is you will have a rough time justifying having the weapon in the car when it's not approved by the agency. You might be good to go as far as using deadly force in a civil trial but I doubt the higher will agree with Johnny Newcop blowing people away with a AR-15 that they have no knowledge he was carrying.

                    At any rate you have alot of learning to do as far as this job and life goes. Good luck.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Baz
                      I don't plan on having on a sling with me... Its in the patrol car if I need it, which seldom you do. But when your in a firefight and severely outgunned don't come trying to grab stuff from my car lol. I plan to qualify with them, what good are they if you can't aim. And if the agency doesn't back it, I can go ahead and learn at a target range and still carry it. Its there if you need it, and if you're ill prepared to begin with you prepare to fail. Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6. Oh and not to mention maybe its your *** I save one day with a well placed shot from my AR-15 onto a subject from a window peering out taking pop shots at you while you take cover behind your patrol car. A shotgun is a good weapon, except it will not be effective past 50m. I plan to use the shotgun for less leathal beanbag rounds.
                      Baz, you are not even in LE yet and the way you talk, well good luck during the Pysch.

                      Listen, the weapons you mentioned you want to carry, MSP will not, Will not allow you to carry them. You will be issued the proper weapons and if you are caught with non-issued Fire arms, kiss your career goodbye.
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Baz
                        First thing i'm going to do is buy a Glock 27 for off duty carry. Then I will get an AR-15 and leave it in either the trunk of the patrol car, or put it near me on a gun lock. Then i'll get a HK MP5 for room clearing, i'll leave that in the trunk. Thats about all I need... That dinky beretta we get is no match against an assault rifle. And it only has an effective range of 25-50m. The AR15 will come in handy on the highway, as it allows you to engage targets from farther away (giving the bad guy less of a chance to hit you) and it has a psycological deturrent. Somebody might try something when a handgun is pointed at them, but when there are assault weapons and submachine guns trained on a subject. They will usually comply and surrunder. I'll have to get weapon lights and lasers with them too... I was thinking about getting those intergrated light / laser weapon rail mounted systems from Streamlight.


                        LMAO.................
                        Leave Space Empty

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Baz
                          I don't plan on having on a sling with me... Its in the patrol car if I need it, which seldom you do. But when your in a firefight and severely outgunned don't come trying to grab stuff from my car lol. I plan to qualify with them, what good are they if you can't aim. And if the agency doesn't back it, I can go ahead and learn at a target range and still carry it. Its there if you need it, and if you're ill prepared to begin with you prepare to fail. Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6. Oh and not to mention maybe its your *** I save one day with a well placed shot from my AR-15 onto a subject from a window peering out taking pop shots at you while you take cover behind your patrol car. A shotgun is a good weapon, except it will not be effective past 50m. I plan to use the shotgun for less leathal beanbag rounds.
                          The only thing you need to worry about carrying is several key holders, a D-cell flashlight, and some pepper spray for mall patrol. Sorry but no dice with an AR and G27 while working there.

                          I mean you have no experience but yet you challenge every experienced officer's input. If I didn't know any better, I would say you have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express one too many times.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GPOC
                            LMAO.................
                            I also figured it was just a joke. Sounds like "mall ninja".

                            Comment

                            MR300x250 Tablet

                            Collapse

                            What's Going On

                            Collapse

                            There are currently 4551 users online. 276 members and 4275 guests.

                            Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                            Welcome Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X