300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barracks????

State Troopers, what type of barrack are you assign to?

Traffic or Full service?

Why did you choose that type of barrack over the other?
    If God is before me, who can stand against me!
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:12-13!

Originally posted by Baz
    When I get my choice i'm going to try to get into a full service barracks, or one thats close to DC metro area. I was thinking either Rockville, College Park, and possibly Hagerstown.
    Hagerstown is not considered "full-service" since the Washington County Sheriff's Office handles calls for service. Same goes for College Park, they usually assist PG county, if they need it, but are mainly Traffic, same as the Rockville Barrack.

If you want full-service, try for Westminster, Princess Anne, Centreville. But right now, Westminster is slowly losing their calls for service due to Sheriff's Office handling more and more calls.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I always thought the Barracks in PG, MONT, CHAR, HOW, AA, BALT, (and maybe FRED / HARF) were the road barracks since those county's have full-service LE through the county.

Comment

The fred barrack handles a good bit of calls.
        I'm sorry, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
          I was thinking either Rockville, College Park, and possibly Hagerstown.
          If you want CP or Forestville that will be no problem. About 10-12 people from each class go to those two barracks since nobody wants them. The transfer list to go there is generally 0-1 person when compared to Cumberland which can take 5-7 years to get to.
          Also you will not get assigned anything west of Frederick when you graduate the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stare
            If you want CP or Forestville that will be no problem. About 10-12 people from each class go to those two barracks since nobody wants them. The transfer list to go there is generally 0-1 person when compared to Cumberland which can take 5-7 years to get to.
            Also you will not get assigned anything west of Frederick when you graduate the academy.
            How come no one wants to work out of the CP, or Forestville?
            "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD
              How come no one wants to work out of the CP, or Forestville?
              I'm guessing he said that because they are both in PG County. PG County is considered by some to be one of the more rougher places in MD other than Baltimore City.
              Day after day train your heart out, refining your technique: Use the One to strike the Many! That is the discipline of the Warrior.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              Proverbs 26:3
              Stay Safe!

Comment

Originally posted by kbclawdog
                I'm guessing he said that because they are both in PG County. PG County is considered by some to be one of the more rougher places in MD other than Baltimore City.
                I'd personally would love to work College Park. I, was out with a good friend of mine that works for a municipal in the CP area, and MSP backed him up on a stop. The Trooper was looking for something to get into. One thing about PG, theres always something to do.
                "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Out West: Frederick, Hagerstown, Cumberland and McHenry are all Full Service. You'll be waiting a while to get out west.

Traffic Barracks include Rockville, Waterloo, Golden Ring, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, College Park, and Forestville.

Other full service barracks include Westminster, Bel Air, North East, among all of the barracks on the Eastern Shore.

Comment

Isn't the PG Co Police Cheif trying to get some help from MSP with patrol along with traffic? I beleive I heard it on the news a couple weeks back.
                    COMPLACENCY KILLS COPS.

Sean Taylor - 21 - Never Forget

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Comment

I did my ride-a-longs at Forestville and it was crazy alot of action thats for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by mcpe03
                        Isn't the PG Co Police Cheif trying to get some help from MSP with patrol along with traffic? I beleive I heard it on the news a couple weeks back.
                        It is on now. Troopers from surrounding areas get assigned the PGCo. Initiative and have to go work the streets down there. Wonderful fun..

Comment

While at University of Maryland there were a few weekends where Troopers were assigned to ride along with the UMPD officers. Not sure if that's still going on now. It was happening a lot with the string of robberies that were occuring.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
                            When I was with the Trooper from College Park, there was one night that we were assigned to carryout enforcement and assist with county and campus police. Since all the college folks were on winter break there wasn't much going on except for traffic stops and assists. So we went ahead and patroled on 495 and I95 after a while. That same night we cought us a group of street racers, it was pretty neat to see 4 State Troopers come from nowhere and scare the bunch of them out of the office park. We didn't do much except warn them, as we did not witness any racing. But we knew there were to no good in those office park roadways. We threatened them with vehicle inspections if we saw them there another night. I think they got the message. The Trooper was saying that he would back-up campus police when they would shutdown parties, lots of underage drinking going on, DUI, and bar fights. He also said that there are folks that ride the metro over from DC and cause problems like assaults and rapes on women in the area. Apparently these folks from DC are not college students, they come for the parties and debauchery going on.
                            Good post.

There is alot more to the situation then just DC thugs on the metro. Thugs from the surrouding poor neighborhoods prey on the college students. The campus is very large, allowing many get away routes. Students will take a 15-20 min walk thru dark areas while intoxicated carrying ipods, cell phones, jewlery etc and get robbed. (Obviously you can see the problems with that situation) PGPD has taken more iniative by increased patrols and increased presence. I would give them the most credit. MSP doesn't get involved that often, as it is not their primary responsibility... usually MSP only has a showing during sporting events. It would be tremendous if more Troopers got involved as UMCP PD is primarily concerned with stop sign and jay walking enforcement instead of focusing more man power towards other problems. (Not trying to mudsling on UMCP PD...making sure the intoxicated college students don't get ran over is also important but the truth hurts sometimes)

In regard to the question of why Troopers leave Forestville and CP for a large part due to the large volume of accident reports, and very high probability of being struck.

Baz I have not heard anything about the sweater deal. However MSP has been on the down swing for the past 15 or so years. Every dog gets their day. It would be great if MSP gets theirs sooner rather than later. I do not have much faith in O Malley appointing someone who has more iniative...but I guess there isn't much point in being pesimistic about it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
                              they come for the parties and debauchery going on.
                              DEBAUCHERY!! This sounds like a serious problem. I would like offer my services to the MSP or UofM PD. I think I will need to work undercover on this. I will infiltrate these so called "college parties" with the hope of rooting out this problem from the inside. I went to college, so I know how they drink...I mean think.
                              GO CAVS!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5140 users online. 318 members and 4822 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X