300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcso???

Can anyone give me some info on Montgomery County Sheriff's Office? I'm looking for anything that can't be found on their website, I've looked there and they seem pretty well organized. I'm schedule to take the written exam this saturday.

Thanks in Advance-

Special Operations

We frequently work with MCSO. They are a pretty good bunch. Opinions on the current sheriff among the rank and file are mixed, but take that for what it is worth. The rumor mill says that he will retire mid-term to allow one of his command staff to be an incumbent candidate next election, but again, take that for what it's worth.

You presumably know that the Sheriff's Office is not the primary law enforcement or corrections agency for the county. Their primary role is court-related functions such as transportation of prisoners, security of Circuit Court, service of Circuit Court warrants, service of civil process, service of emergency evaluation petitions and protective/peace orders, and similiar duties.

As long as they don't go nuts, deputies on the road can run calls and make traffic stops. While the majority of deputies works days and evenings, they do have a 24/7 presence.

MCSO has a canine unit of about three dogs. While their primary mission is courthouse security and bomb detection, they are cross-trained as patrol dogs. The Sheriff's Office has a Special Response Team. SRT frequently assists MCP ERT. Fugitive squad does what you would assume a fugitive unit does and seems to be a sought-after assignment.

Issue weapon is the Glock 22. The sheriff disarmed the office of shotguns some years ago, but I think they may be back in service. Quite a few have tasers. There are some takehomes in the office, but I think those are specific to certain units.
    John from Maryland

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5859 users online. 307 members and 5552 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X