X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashihara
    started a topic Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Hi guys, I’ve spoken on the phone with recruiters and am hoping to participate in an upcoming round of the out of state four day testing after I whip myself into shape (BPD PAT standards are far stricter than my state’s).

1. Is the crime problem in some neighborhoods really as bad as Dan Rodricks and everyone says it is? Although I’ve been to Baltimore before, I didn’t see any indicators. I just want to know what I may be getting into.

2. Is it "easy" to get on with BPD? Is it a highly competitive process? I've got a clean history, no arrests, one moving violation/accident due to snowy conditions, been fired once, no bad debts (although I had some in the past), absolutely no drug use ever, equivalent of two years of college, a government “community services” oriented job and I volunteer with the county court and probation authority dealing with low risk felons. That said, I'm curious about my chances despite I’ve heard that it is one of the easier departments to get on with. From other threads I’ve gleaned that the test is relatively simple, the PAT not too trying and the BPD background check is swift process.

3. How long does it take for a highly motivated, intelligent person to move around in the department?

I've also heard that:
    Tasers and ASP batons are not issued/used, Is this true? Tasers are essentially standard issue equipment in my state.

I’ve read and been told that the majority of MDT/CAD systems in BPD squad cars do not work. You must have the world's greatest dispatchers!

Thank you in advance to all BPD who take the time to respond. If you’ve already responded personally to my questions before, no need to address any of these. I’m excited to go through the selection process, I’ve always thought highly of the BPD! Be safe out there guys.

• blueboy34
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks JAK.

• Noelcollado94
    replied
    Have my medical and psychological set for the 20th and 23rd this month, anyone hear any word of when the next academy may be ?

Leave a comment:

• blueboy34
    commented on 's reply
    From experience Rich, you will need week days off.

• blueboy34
    replied
    I have a quick question, after finishing the last two P's, how long did it take to get the final call?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• JAK774
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve only been in the academy for a few weeks now but I can already attest to everything that was said here. Keep your heads down and do what you need to do. It’s all mental

• age7215
    commented on 's reply
    $1000.00 per year

• Rich0987
    replied
    I just started a new job, so does anyone know if the whole hiring process can be done on weekends... im starting a 9 to 5 monday through Friday, so I dont think they will let me take off since i will be new.

Leave a comment:

• Rich0987
    replied
    Does anyone know the how much the pay incentive for having a Bachelors Degree is?

Leave a comment:

• blueboy34
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats Rutgers2019.

• blueboy34
    replied
    Thanks a ton Prestige, congrats

Leave a comment:

• Prestige
    replied
    I am about to graduate from the academy. I am an out of state hire so I may relate to some of you. Heads up for those going in.
    Keep your head down and be on time on your assignments. Don't be late for anything. Always be fully prepared. Have all your gear with you at all times. Do not leave anything in your car or else things will get stolen out of your car and you will get in trouble. Be professional and don't fool around outside of the academy. Choose your friends carefully and don't get offended easily. Nothing is personal. You have to have your game face on some days but you will build great relationships with classmates. Learning to shoot will probably be the most exciting part of the academy as well as Law classes. You will have the most experienced law instructors state-wide in BPD academy. They know what they are teaching! The instructors will crush and rebuild you
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Rutgers2019
    replied
    If anyone slated for the May academy wants to rent an apartment or if anyone has a room for rent I’m in the market. Going to be in the May academy!

Leave a comment:

• blueboy34
    replied
    WOW, what a blessing, holy cow congrats my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JAK774
    commented on 's reply
    Thankfully I did. Looking forward to getting started with the BPD

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7263 users online. 367 members and 6896 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X