Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmen0587
    commented on 's reply
    Lol yea I remember that too. I personally am trying to get on anywhere at this point. Been waiting on a Poly from customs for over a year. Getting impatient

• HopefulPlatoon
    replied
    man... I remember a couple years ago when I first got on this site and was interested in BCPD; this thread used to average at least 5-6 posts a day. Now there's not a couple posts for days...I'm in awe. I guess no one is interested in their department and see all the downfalls now lol

Leave a comment:

• AMCPD
    replied
    gmen0587 it took me about 4 months to get through the whole process even with the covid pandemic going on so their hiring process is very speedy in comparison with other departments.

Leave a comment:

• gmen0587
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats! How long did the process take? I’m taking the test on the 10th. I’m from NJ so relocating with fam

• AMCPD
    replied
    Alright, I got the call yesterday on 5/22/20! I'm reporting on 5/29/20! If anyone else has been accepted then let me know. If not and you just have questions, feel free to DM me. Good luck, guys!

Leave a comment:

• AMCPD
    replied
    Also, quick update, I passed my background and did my medical exam last Wednesday. I take my psychological tomorrow and I hope I get the call sometime after that. I will keep you all updated but I'm just excited that I made it this far and am almost finished with the process!

Leave a comment:

• inucha
    commented on 's reply
    Next class is July or aug then September or October my money is on July cause it’s every 2 months new class is there goal

• DTfromMD
    replied
    The May academy did start. Their first day was 5/4/2020. They are trying to put through 6 classes a year. One every 2 months.

Leave a comment:

• Kanjam456
    replied
    When is the next Academy?

Leave a comment:

• AMCPD
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the reply, helpmeout, they told me yesterday that they sent my background summary to the SGT for approval but after reading JBuce's posts that was fairly concerning to me. So I guess we will see what happens but I'm hoping to get approved shortly. Also, from the sounds of it the May academy has already begun. Best of luck to you although I'm disappointed I won't be in there with you!

• helpmeout
    commented on 's reply
    It took me a I think it was 2 or 3 weeks but I did apply since december of sometime and I start my academy tomorrow.

• AMCPD
    replied
    So I passed the polygraph in late January and have been waiting on my background to get approved but I don't know how long it typically takes, they said 30 days but it's been 5 weeks so far. I'm currently waiting around to see if I'm approved or not but if it doesn't happen soon I would think that I wouldn't be able to be in the May academy.

Leave a comment:

• Jbuce5
    commented on 's reply
    Funny you say that cuz I told my wife had feeling I was being overlooked due to being a white 40-something with no college degree making a career change!! Guess I may have hit nail on head there...just frustrating when they kept saying all along my file “looked really good and should have no problems”

• Seraphym
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear that, but that's a problem you will deal with in this profession as you keep applying. I've probably applied to 20 something departments in my entire lifetime and only four of them sent me a "thanks, but no thanks" letter. The ones that did all had in common that I was in poor shape back then and failed the PT tests.

Many are afraid of EEOC violation allegations and simply opt to use radio silence to get around that
    problem. All that I can say is keep your head up and keep trying. Not to give you false hope, but it's always possible that you aren't necessarily disqualified but they may not be approved to hire. My agency has frozen recruitment over the economic uncertainty that is coming with COVID. BPD has a habit of addressing budget shortfalls by gutting open positions.
    Last edited by Seraphym; 04-07-2020, 08:42 AM.

• gmen0587
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks man. Might apply again.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4659 users online. 274 members and 4385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X