X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashihara
    started a topic Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Hi guys, I’ve spoken on the phone with recruiters and am hoping to participate in an upcoming round of the out of state four day testing after I whip myself into shape (BPD PAT standards are far stricter than my state’s).

1. Is the crime problem in some neighborhoods really as bad as Dan Rodricks and everyone says it is? Although I’ve been to Baltimore before, I didn’t see any indicators. I just want to know what I may be getting into.

2. Is it "easy" to get on with BPD? Is it a highly competitive process? I've got a clean history, no arrests, one moving violation/accident due to snowy conditions, been fired once, no bad debts (although I had some in the past), absolutely no drug use ever, equivalent of two years of college, a government “community services” oriented job and I volunteer with the county court and probation authority dealing with low risk felons. That said, I'm curious about my chances despite I’ve heard that it is one of the easier departments to get on with. From other threads I’ve gleaned that the test is relatively simple, the PAT not too trying and the BPD background check is swift process.

3. How long does it take for a highly motivated, intelligent person to move around in the department?

I've also heard that:
    Tasers and ASP batons are not issued/used, Is this true? Tasers are essentially standard issue equipment in my state.

I’ve read and been told that the majority of MDT/CAD systems in BPD squad cars do not work. You must have the world's greatest dispatchers!

Thank you in advance to all BPD who take the time to respond. If you’ve already responded personally to my questions before, no need to address any of these. I’m excited to go through the selection process, I’ve always thought highly of the BPD! Be safe out there guys.

• Rich0987
    replied
    I have my psych and medical on the 22nd and the 23rd. I'm hoping to get "THE CALL" after that, with an academy date. Does anyone know how often they have classes?

Leave a comment:

• J2H
    replied
    I'd suggest just shaving that stuff

Leave a comment:

• BigBlue1020
    replied
    Anyone know if beards are allowed? I saw the policy says no beards but I see many BPD officers with full beards. Curious how they feel about beards.
    Last edited by BigBlue1020; 07-13-2019, 08:56 PM. Reason: Is a waiver required? Prone to bad razor burn

Leave a comment:

• Pitbull4332
    replied
    Getting ready to apply. How fast is the process and does anyone know when the next academy is.

Leave a comment:

• BJohnson3
    replied
    Does anyone that lives in a apartment need a roommate. I need to find a place to live and it’s sucks I have to commute until I get my own place.

Leave a comment:

• blueboy34
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats!!!!

• BJohnson3
    replied
    I got the call for the final offer. I report on June 27!

Leave a comment:

• J2H
    replied
    Not the city! Try Baltimore County (Towson, Perry Hall, White Marsh, Nottingham)

Leave a comment:

• BJohnson3
    replied
    Also, what part of the Baltimore area y’all recommend that is affordable to move?

Leave a comment:

• BJohnson3
    commented on 's reply
    What part of the process you in, man?

• Veritas56
    commented on 's reply
    I tool my medical amd psych on the 7th and 10th os June. I am also awaiting on the final call.

• BJohnson3
    replied
    I’m waiting for the phone call for the academy date. I’m excited that hopefully I’m joining the Baltimore City Police Training academy. I’m curious to anyone that is a officer or in the academy now, how long did you had to wait for the final offer after the entire process ( background, polygraph, physical, psychological) ?
    Last edited by BJohnson3; 06-16-2019, 11:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BJohnson3
    commented on 's reply
    $ 1000-1500

• blueboy34
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats Noel.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11258 users online. 460 members and 10798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X