Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inucha
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2012

Question. If i took the PT exam and passed the 1.5 run and glock but failed the push ups and didnt take the sit ups. If i can go back to re take exam do i have to start all over like do the run again or do i just start with sit ups and push ups and move on to next part

Comment

• Ky86
      Ky86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately you have to go back another day and redo EVERYTHING on the Physical Agility Test. Trust me I know from experience, I had this happen to me back in the last week of October. I went in to test on a Saturday morning completed/passed the 1.5 mile run , Glock Familiarization / Dry Fire & Push-Ups then at the very end all I had left to do was Sit-Ups and failed it by literally only 4 sit-ups do to running out of time on the allotted 1 min that they give you and also my hands completely came off my head torwards the end as well which caused me to fail the whole PAT completely. Basically the instructor said to me “ Well, Thanks for coming in and Participating in taking the PAT but today is a Fail in this process , BUT you’re more than welcome to come back next Saturday and retry again on retaking the whole test over! “ I was mad/Irritated but hey, what can you do right. So just because of missing the required set amount of sit-ups within that 1 minute time frame I was given it basically ended that whole entire PAT with a re-take aloud for another day. I was still determined and went back a week later on that Saturday and passed it with flying colors. Also, I ended up beating each of my previous scores by way more then I would of thought and brought my 1.5 mile down by 1 min & 45 seconds, Ended up getting my score on that to 13 mins & 34 seconds. Just don’t give up brother, Hard work and determination will let you conquer the things you thought would never be possible. Best of luck to ya! God bless
      Last edited by Ky86; 12-19-2018, 05:31 AM.

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok. That makes sense. I definitely miss understood then. Thank you

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you do after the pt exam are you still in the process?
  • neftydred
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2018

Downtown baltimore apartment for rent, $899/mo. Studio, negotiable rent, hardwood floors, 24/7 security, and attached garage parking. 4 month lease that can be extended. PM me for details

Comment

• JAK774
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2018

Is anyone still in the process? I’m scheduled to meet with my investigator this week. I’m hoping things begin to pick up some speed after the meeting.

Comment

• blueboy34
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2018

Hello there,
        I started the process on October 26, 2018 and did my agility test on the 27th of 2018. Kentech completed by background Nov,28,2018. I'm currently waiting for the Poly, Psych, and medical evaluations.

Is there anybody in my situation that is waiting for their primary background investigator to schedule them for poly.

Comment

• JAK774
          JAK774 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took my civil service October 27th, physical agility on November 17th, Kentech completed my background on December 26th and I just had my background interview January 9th. My investigator said he would call me in a week or so to get the polygraph set up, so I’m waiting for that.
      • blueboy34
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2018

Thank you for the reply JAK774, so it is normal to wait a while then. How was the background interview? It is taking longer with me.

Comment

• blueboy34
          blueboy34 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can not imagine how long it would take without Kentech.
      • blueboy34
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2018

Just an update, I got scheduled for In-person interview for the 30th of Jan at 700 AM at headquarter. JAK do you have another update on the poly after you had your in-person interview with your investigator.

Comment

• JAK774
          JAK774 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took and passed my poly on January 23rd. Investigator said to give him a week or two to get me scheduled for the final two steps, physical and psych. The interview is pretty basic, they go over your entire personal history statement and give you an opportunity to add or change any of the information you provided. They also did my fingerprinting at the end of the interview.
      • blueboy34
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2018

that's awesome, you are almost done JAK.

Comment

• blueboy34
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2018

Hey JAK, did they give you by any chance an estimate class date, one time I asked recruiting and they informed me that they usually have a class every three months. Besides me and JAK is there anyone else in the process?

Comment

• JAK774
            JAK774 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe they said March start date for the next class. New class starting every two months from what I understand

• WeOwnTheNight
            WeOwnTheNight commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m also in the process. I was told that the next academy should be in March. Hopefully I see you guys there.
        • blueboy34
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2018

Ohh I see, have you been scheduled for psychological and Medical yet?

Comment

• JAK774
            JAK774 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not yet. I called today to get a status update but my investigator had already left for the weekend. I’ll give them a call on Monday.

How did your interview go?
        • blueboy34
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2018

Hey JAK, my interview went well, my investigator informed me that I should get notified about the poly.

Comment

• Noelcollado94
            Enforcement_24
            • Jun 2018

Hey guys, quick question how long after submitting your eSOPH did it take to hear back ? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• blueboy34
              blueboy34 commented
              Editing a comment
              Me nov 28th 2018 kentech completed background, and did my interview jan 30th, im waiting on poly. So far the only two active in this forum other than you Noel is Jak 774, theres gotta be more ppl in the forum.

• Noelcollado94
              Noelcollado94 commented
              Editing a comment
              blueboy34 ok so it seems its a little bit of a wait after submitting. During my agility on 02/02 they stated the next projected academy is going to be in April. With that being said hopefully things move along smoothly.
          • blueboy34
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2018

True, patience is key in the process. I was also told that the police department is looking to start a new class every two months

Comment

• Noelcollado94
              Noelcollado94 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea definitely is key, best of luck to you.

• blueboy34
              blueboy34 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck to you too Noel.

• JAK774
              JAK774 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve been in the process since September 2018. I have my psych evaluation and medical evaluation scheduled in just under 2 weeks. Those are the last two steps in the process to give you a bit of timeline expectation. Granted some investigators move quicker than others... so everyone’s experience will be different. They have an academy starting in March which I was hoping to make, but no such luck as it took more time than anticipated to get my last evaluations scheduled. Another academy begins in May so i should have no issue getting into that class.

I was told should I pass my last two evaluations that it takes about a week to get your final call with class information.
          • Semper Fi 88
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2013

what is an eSOPH?

Comment

• blueboy34
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2018

Esoph is the background program that the Baltimore Police Department utilizes, Congrats JAK 774.

Comment

• WeOwnTheNight
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2016

Has anyone been approved for the March class yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19288 users online. 45 members and 19243 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...