X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerWoody
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by robs07
    This is my first time posting here and I just had a quick question. I am attending the two day processing event this coming weekend and I one of the steps of the Agility Test says glock familiarization. Does anyone know what exactly this entails for the test?
    Rack the slide, pull the trigger....be able to lock the slide back using your thumb of the same strong hand u hold the sidearm with. If your familiar with pistols that's easy, if not it can be tricky.
    "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• ewgl2
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2011

Do you really have 16 min to run the 1.5?

Comment

• golfdmb18
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ewgl2
        Whatever it says you have. Don't expect the same type of lax standards if you make it into an academy class.

Comment

• ewgl2
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2011

Wlets hope its not that lax in the academy. I was just kinda shocked when I saw that.

Comment

• East Side
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2009

"All applicants must complete a 1.5 mile run in 16 minutes and 28 seconds." Per the website.
            I agree, that is a pretty weak time limit! But believe it our not, there were a multitude of people who failed the run when I tested. It seems that the run drops allot of people from the process.
            Ductus Exemplo

Comment

• ewgl2
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2011

Im sure your time you come in at helps you is some kinda way.

Comment

• East Side
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2009

Im sure your time you come in at helps you is some kinda way.
                Not really. Its a pass/fail graded event.
                Ductus Exemplo

Comment

• Fire4Effect1
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2012

Wlets hope its not that lax in the academy. I was just kinda shocked when I saw that.
                  It's just a part of the hiring process, the time is very doable to those that are in decent shape and have ran a mile before in their lives. As others stated in the academy it won't be a 16 minute time to complete anymore. I myself ran the 1.5 miler in just under 15 minutes which is pretty bad compared to my running just a year ago in the army. Running is definitely one of those exercises that if you don't do it, you lose it. I felt like I was sucking air the whole run, so I started running again and am almost back to where I was.
                  "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

Comment

• BklynFnst
                    N/A
                    • May 2011

@ East Side what is the academy standards on the running portion? I am attending the the two day process event this weekend June 24th. I am currently running 2 miles at 17:30, is it going to be faster in the academy?

Thanks

Comment

• East Side
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by BklynFnst
                      @ East Side what is the academy standards on the running portion? I am attending the the two day process event this weekend June 24th. I am currently running 2 miles at 17:30, is it going to be faster in the academy?

Thanks
                      Check the Cooper Standards. But from what I was told by a very recent graduate, is that they had to complete the run in under 13 minutes. I don't remember what it was for me though. Things may have changed. The time that you gave me for your 2 mile run equates to just under a 13 min run for the 1.5 mile distance. If anything, the academy will keep you active all day which will help you lose weight thus lowering your run time in the process!
                      Last edited by East Side; 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM.
                      Ductus Exemplo

Comment

• BklynFnst
                        N/A
                        • May 2011

Thanks you for your response East Side.

Comment

• Fire4Effect1
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2012

Wanted to give everyone a heads up, I just received the call for final process and that the academy is starting next Friday 29th. I'm speechless and very humble to be given this opportunity to serve the City of Baltimore. A big thank you to all the officers on this forum who's helped with all my questions along with trainees as well.

I'm actually in a little jam as I need a temporary place to stay by the time I go to swear in as I was told. I need to be living near the Baltimore area before I am hired since I am from NJ. My lease isn't up until the end of this month and my scheduled move in for Owings Mills, MD isn't until July 17th. If there is anyone who doesn't mind a roommate or has a temporary place until mid July , please notify me by PM. Your help is greatly appreciated or if their can be any alternative to this. I think lodging or a hotel will run me too expensive, I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for the temporary stay.

Comment

• rval07
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Fire4Effect1
                            Wanted to give everyone a heads up, I just received the call for final process and that the academy is starting next Friday 29th. I'm speechless and very humble to be given this opportunity to serve the City of Baltimore. A big thank you to all the officers on this forum who's helped with all my questions along with trainees as well.

I'm actually in a little jam as I need a temporary place to stay by the time I go to swear in as I was told. I need to be living near the Baltimore area before I am hired since I am from NJ. My lease isn't up until the end of this month and my scheduled move in for Owings Mills, MD isn't until July 17th. If there is anyone who doesn't mind a roommate or has a temporary place until mid July , please notify me by PM. Your help is greatly appreciated or if their can be any alternative to this. I think lodging or a hotel will run me too expensive, I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for the temporary stay.
                            congrats on making it this far. I bet your very happy. Im in process as well. passed the civil service exam, physical and psych. Im waiting to receive the next call for BI interview. do you kno when can i possibly get the call? its been 2 weeks and 3 days from the 2 day expedited event.

Comment

• Fire4Effect1
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by rval07
                              congrats on making it this far. I bet your very happy. Im in process as well. passed the civil service exam, physical and psych. Im waiting to receive the next call for BI interview. do you kno when can i possibly get the call? its been 2 weeks and 3 days from the 2 day expedited event.
                              No idea, each applicant has a different timeline. Rule of thumb is go by the estimated timeline the department says it takes to get hired (4-5 months) and you won't have any worries. Obviously there are applicants who breeze threw and get hired in 3 months and it seems like their process went so fast, but it varies. I would remain patient, I've seen applicants timeline show a month wait before BI meeting.

Comment

• sconner4319
                                Forum Member
                                • Jan 2012

PM sent Fire4Effect

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19127 users online. 47 members and 19080 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...