Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you so much for the info!!! Btw wym by Jacket??

Comment

• Seraphym
      Seraphym commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the term they use for a personnel file. Everything about you goes in it. Education and commendations boost your score a bit. Letter of Reprimand and other disciplinary actions will do the opposite.

Also, you didn't ask this, but its information you should know regarding promotions. All officers up to the rank of Lt are civil service. However, everything from Captain becomes appointed by the Commissioner. You aren't entitled to any hearings or anything once you get that rank. If the Commissioner simply doesn't like you, you are gone. Either take the demotion or resign. This is why people tend to camp at Sgt or Lt, if they elect to promote at all.
      Last edited by Seraphym; 04-18-2021, 03:10 PM.

• I really appreciate you taking the time to explain all this!! Seems like it’s very political after Lt and makes sense why someone might not move up from there.
    Cheers

Comment

• Well this will be my last post on this thread, as I’ve successfully received a lateral offer and have submitted my resignation with the BPD and moving onto bigger and better things to work towards my dream job. Best of luck to anyone in the department dealing with the fallout and bs we’re being subjected to, and I’ll say this one final time. If you’re actively in the process for this place, do some soul searching and research before you accept. I truly regret accepting the offer here because of how quickly they hired me (2 months in total basically) and not going elsewhere. Use your brain and make smart decisions. Godspeed

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainComatose View Post
        Well this will be my last post on this thread, as I’ve successfully received a lateral offer and have submitted my resignation with the BPD and moving onto bigger and better things to work towards my dream job. Best of luck to anyone in the department dealing with the fallout and bs we’re being subjected to, and I’ll say this one final time. If you’re actively in the process for this place, do some soul searching and research before you accept. I truly regret accepting the offer here because of how quickly they hired me (2 months in total basically) and not going elsewhere. Use your brain and make smart decisions. Godspeed
        They hired you in 2 months? I mean is not surprising either they probably down on a lot of personnel for all the BS that has been going on.

Comment

• Guys the job is what you make it. If you aren't here for the right reason then surely , you'll be a disgruntled employee. I came here to help as many people as i can. The rules and regulations they have are because of screw ups from the past , we're the clean up crew. We didn't want the task of being the new face of police but we got it and regardless of any other factors people in this city need us. It sucks that people bad mouth an entire department because it doesn't meet their " standards " of what they think policing is supposed to be. Im glad you realized that you don't like it here because it would definitely show in the way that you treat citizens and employees and we don't need that right now.

If anyone is seriously thinking about coming to the bpd , and doing it for the right reasons , im here to answer any questions that you have . I'll tell you the truth whether it be good , bad or indifferent. What i wont do is tell you that this is a crappy place to work because thats not true. Does it have its ups and downs ? Yes but doesn't every workplace. There isn't a workplace i can think of that doesn't have something to complain about . Im gonna gross 6 figures this year. Its all about what you make it. It's a tough job . Policing in itself is tough , especially right now, but IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT , GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bidstar View Post

They hired you in 2 months? I mean is not surprising either they probably down on a lot of personnel for all the BS that has been going on.
            yup lol they got me through real quick, it was honestly insane. I had made it to the polygraph for 2 other agencies by the time they gave me an offer. And yeah, this was even before George Floyd and everything else.

Comment

• I'm guessing your response is directed at my previous post Infocop242 so allow me to elaborate.

I'm not a disgruntled employee, but I'm old enough to recognize a "dumpster fire" when I see one. I entered into this career field to help people and didn't really care where I started at. It's not that the BPD didn't "meet standards" because I had no standards to compare it to, but after talking with friends and family that work in the county/state/federal areas I realized that there were a plethora of negatives compared to positives. I can tell you, however, that I handled every single call with a smile on my face, so I'm not sure why you're implying that I may have treated citizens, employees, or in fact anyone poorly. Just because I didn't enjoy the job doesn't mean I treated people like garbage lmao.

Lastly, the good 'ol "money argument." I'm happy to hear that you're making 6 figures, as does every single other officer after their 3rd-year bump who loves working OT. However, if the only main argument to stay that can be made is "you'll never make as much money as you can here" which I was told by several people in my district before I left, then that's enough for me to leave. But I agree with you, policing is incredibly tough. But the proverb "if you can't handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen" seems kinda redundant if the kitchen is inside of a house that's on fire. Good on you for enjoying the job, but myself and what I'm guessing is now 150+ officers that have left have done so for good reason. Stay safe out there.

Comment

• Good Evening Ladies and Gents. Do you know the timeline of when it would take from the psych & medical exam to getting called?

Comment

• XOTLR
                  XOTLR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Took about 3 days for result and got the call a week later. Going to the June academy. Good luck.

• Anyone waiting for the academy or waiting to get hired and looking for a roommate? I’m an out of state candidate waiting for the final call and looking for a spot... lmk

Comment

• Took about 3 days for result and got the call a week later. Going to the June academy. Good luck.

Comment

• Hey is anyone in the hiring process now? If so what are you up to?

as for me I took the written test in New York City like 2 months ago. I took the agility last week. I received, completed and submitted the esoph on Monday. Now I’m waiting for a background investigator to call me.

apparently the next class is in august.
                    New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• Investigator interview and poly next week

Comment

• Crickets..

I passed my poly. I’m just waiting for my background investigation to be completed by kentech .

Comment

• I’m waiting for my background to be complete as well.

Originally posted by Eli Manning View Post
                          Crickets..

I passed my poly. I’m just waiting for my background investigation to be completed by kentech .

Comment

• Originally posted by Infocop242 View Post
                            Im gonna gross 6 figures this year.
                            Big deal- I can't remember the last time I saw a rookie make less than $100K their first year on the road, not even counting their signing bonuses.

And some agencies are offering signing bonuses of up to $40K, on top of six-figure starting pay.

Heck, my work commuter was a Porsche convertible that I custom-ordered new.

But all the money in the world, doesn't justify climbing into the dumpster fire that large Democrat-run cities have become. I am SO thankful to be retired on my ranch in Texas now...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3275 users online. 200 members and 3075 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X