Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while since I’ve been on here. Just want to post a discretionary heads up to those in process for this agency., Speaking from a personal and professional standpoint, I’d HIGHLY recommend that you test the waters elsewhere. If you’d like to know more, please feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by CaptainComatose; 02-02-2021, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• ihope
      ihope commented
      Editing a comment
      lol uh oh im in the process now.. i pm'd you

• An0n
      An0n commented
      Editing a comment
      ----------
      Last edited by An0n; 04-19-2021, 08:44 PM. Reason: *

• Working for Bpd is what you make of it, you will see things that most people have never seen and it will become normal to you. It’s not for everyone, depending on how proactive you are will depend on how dangerous the job is. 95% of patrol is super lazy but it’s because if you do your job the citizens will file complaints. Just do your job right and you will be fine. Anyone with questions just pm me. This job will definitely be hard on your family because of the long hours and literally NEVER getting out on time. It is good experience though and you learn a lot.

Comment

• For all people living out of state, I implore that you review HB670 before officially starting your career in Maryland, Baltimore City or elsewhere. While the bill is only in 50% progression, it is very likely some version of it will ultimately find its way to Hogan's desk.

Comment

• I agree completely with Seraphym. Maryland wants to lead the way in anti-police legislation.
        John from Maryland

Comment

• I like the section about the tuition reimbursement/scholarship. Do they think that is going to get officers to go for it?

Also, I'm assuming the struckthrough sections have been removed from the bill?

Comment

• CaptainComatose
            CaptainComatose commented
            Editing a comment
            You’ll only receive these kinds of things after being with them for 3 years, such as getting the higher pay for holding a degree. Their pay scale follows the same route, where you get no raises for 2 years and then get a huge raise your third year in hopes that the increase will make you stay. Besides that, I haven’t heard of a single person actually getting tuition reimbursement or anything from here.

• Hey new to this, currently in the background part for BPD anyone else in the process?

Comment

• ----------
            Last edited by An0n; 04-19-2021, 08:44 PM. Reason: *

Comment

• I can’t speak for anyone else’s experience but my experience so far has been pretty good with them. My BI contacted me through the 30 day kentech was doing my background to let me know that he was just waiting on them.

as soon as they sent him my packet he emailed me and told me give him a few days to finish it up due to him having two other candidates to finish before me but that he’ll be done within a week. Pretty good communication. Might depend on the Bi maybe not sure.

Comment

• PacketTalk
                PacketTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                In the same boat, I just got approved to take the physical and psychological. It took around 40 days for that to happen. Good luck.

• Damn lol that’s crazy, good luck on your test though.

Comment

• Update: been a while since I’ve been on here again, just get caught up in work and etc. feel free to google HB670 or “Maryland Law Enforcement Bill of Rights” as well as our DA and view what things they’ll no longer be prosecuting for. Baltimore County’s FOP just released a survey they conducted and upwards of 80% of officers will consider either resignation or retirement if we lose the LEOBOR, I’m sure the amount will be much higher for the city as I have a lot of people in my district looking at side gigs and other possible careers so they can leave. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll rack up more experience here than anyone else in the state of Maryland but it does come at a very high cost. I’ll do my best to respond to PMs more efficiently (I wasn’t expecting such a massive influx from my previous post).

Comment

• Anyone currently processing???? Just took n passed my poly and waiting on kentech to finish the background investigation.

Comment

• Paul1509 any updates dude?

Comment

• Yes sir I got my two final Ps this up coming week then im done. Hbu anything?

Comment

• Again, if you are not from Maryland, please sit down and read the legislation in HB670, SB71, SB178. These items passed via gubernatorial override and are binding legislation. Do not make any choices to do this job here until you understand what these mean. The time you have used up for application processing and what not is a sunk cost. Don't let it effect your decisions now.

You have been warned and not one officer you have likely spoken to knows anything about what this job was like prior to 1974, myself included. Understand that I have been doing this job since 2014 in this state and I don't know what this all means. Caveat emptor.

Comment

• PacketTalk
                          PacketTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I am out of state and have read through the legislation. I did not know that it got override. I appreciate that update. However, I feel that Maryland will not be alone in this endeavor and soon others will follow suit. Or do you think I am completely wrong in thinking that.

• Seraphym
                          Seraphym commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I don't think you are wrong. I think that more states will do the same. However, I wouldn't let that be a factor in your decision for anything. You don't know if state X, Y, or Z will institute these same changes; but you do know for certain that Maryland has opted to do so.

I'm not saying don't come if your heart is in it. What I am saying is understand exactly what these changes all mean. You guys represent the first prospects in this profession that are able to make an actual informed decision.on where this profession is headed. The rest of us have already been here and either have to adjust or simply cash out and find something else to do.

• How much time on the job do you need in order to get promoted to sgt? I know you are eligible to take the exam after 3 years but actual promotion timeline might differ..:

Comment

• Seraphym
                          Seraphym commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You need 3 years. Depending on your score and jacket, you get assigned a score and then go on a list. Score high enough and round out your jacket enough, then you can be at the top of the list and get promoted shortly after taking the exam.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5397 users online. 326 members and 5071 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X