Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day at my job until I start tomorrow, it's been quite the wild ride and I'm excited to finally start in the career I've been training for the past 2 years for. Godspeed everyone, and good luck.

Comment

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy for ya bud! Good luck to ya...let us know how your first week goes

• How are things coming along for you Jbuce? How has the pre academy work been so far Inucha and Cap? Thanks for a lot of insight into the department Seraphym. Just passed the polygraph on 1/8/20 now the fun of the Kentech background begins.

Comment

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently my file is stuck in some kind of purgatory!! Finally after 3 attempts was able to connect with my BI...unfortunately I got the same song and dance. At some point prior to 12/17 my file was sent to supervisors for the approval to go to final phase for my two P’s but no word yet. Told me the supervisors have been out of office a lot lately “but hopefully will hear soon” (which is exactly what she said on 12/17 lmao)

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DT...yeah I’m about ready just call it a day and pack it in. Two of my buddies are cops (one a retired lieutenant) and they both said for where I’m at in process this is a ridiculous amount of time to be waiting for response and the okay to move forward!! Kinda puts a lot of things in my life right now on hold so it’s pretty frustrating and disappointing to keep dragging on like this and STILL be waiting for either the ‘okay’ or the ‘no thank you’ letter

• ...nothing but cricket chirps and owl hoos on here lately wow....

So idk what the heck is happening with my file! Have narrowed date down to between the 3-10th of Dec was sent to supervisors to sign off on to send me to my two P’s and that’s where it sits. I’m guessing it fell behind someone’s computer console and is lost there!!! Haha

Comment

• DTfromMD
      DTfromMD commented
      Editing a comment
      BPD put out a short video of the new academy and showed that they had a class start yesterday. I assume Cap and and Inucha are in that academy class. If you haven’t been rejected yet keep your head up man, they’re going to have to fill the next class and for them to go through all that work and money to get you to the point that you are in the background investigation and just throw you away doesn’t seem smart lol. Obviously it’s hard to think that with all the “run around” you’ve been getting, but like it’s been said, nothing is final until you get the rejection or offer of employment. For you to even be on this forum shows that your serious about the job. The best of luck to you!

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DT appreciate it
      *And I guess now they can REALLY drag their feet with another class most likely not slated til March
      Last edited by Jbuce5; 01-14-2020, 07:00 PM.

• CaptainComatose
      CaptainComatose commented
      Editing a comment
      Can confirm we both are, you actually see me a couple of times in the video lol but stand fast my friends, you'll get your calls soon enough. They're trying to put through another class in the next few months at the new location so you'll be a part of that.

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear from ya Cap...good luck my friend

• So it’s been another two weeks and no updates

Comment

• AMCPD
      AMCPD commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you heard anything yet? I'm taking my physical this Saturday and have been reading back through the forum to try to get a better idea of how the process will work.

• I don't know if anyone is still actively browsing and/or lurking this thread or not but I took my physical and passed it today for BPD and it looks like they are trying to hire people within 60-90 days of applying. As far as I know, we are getting our eSOPH emailed to us within the next two weeks.

Comment

• Hello anyone that got recently hired or is starting the academy soon from out of state and needs a place to stay contact me.

Comment

• How far back do they go on investigation form for residences? Also, do you need neighbors for all or just current?

Comment

• Jbuce5
          Jbuce5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe residence were 10 years back and neighbors for current

• gmen0587
          gmen0587 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man. Might apply again.

• File was sent for supervisor review for approval mid dec and then they contacted me shortly after the new year for some additional info on some former employers. Never heard anything after another month of waiting. Contacted BI who said it was out of her hands as she turned my file in to supervisors awaiting approval. Same old same old “if you haven’t gotten discontinued email from esoph you’re still in running”. But then also said after that long after turning my file in I was probably discontinued and they “just hadn’t gotten around to sending my notice yet”!!!!! REALLY?!?! Was given her supervisors contact info and never got a response at all when sent them message. And STILL to this day nearly 3 months AFTER THAT have still never gotten notice of any determination from them. I have purposefully kept every single email including junk/spam and not deleted a single one since my process started....never received final communication from the department.

Comment

• Seraphym
          Seraphym commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that, but that's a problem you will deal with in this profession as you keep applying. I've probably applied to 20 something departments in my entire lifetime and only four of them sent me a "thanks, but no thanks" letter. The ones that did all had in common that I was in poor shape back then and failed the PT tests.

Many are afraid of EEOC violation allegations and simply opt to use radio silence to get around that
          problem. All that I can say is keep your head up and keep trying. Not to give you false hope, but it's always possible that you aren't necessarily disqualified but they may not be approved to hire. My agency has frozen recruitment over the economic uncertainty that is coming with COVID. BPD has a habit of addressing budget shortfalls by gutting open positions.
          Last edited by Seraphym; 04-07-2020, 08:42 AM.

• Jbuce5
          Jbuce5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny you say that cuz I told my wife had feeling I was being overlooked due to being a white 40-something with no college degree making a career change!! Guess I may have hit nail on head there...just frustrating when they kept saying all along my file “looked really good and should have no problems”

• So I passed the polygraph in late January and have been waiting on my background to get approved but I don't know how long it typically takes, they said 30 days but it's been 5 weeks so far. I'm currently waiting around to see if I'm approved or not but if it doesn't happen soon I would think that I wouldn't be able to be in the May academy.

Comment

• helpmeout
          helpmeout commented
          Editing a comment
          It took me a I think it was 2 or 3 weeks but I did apply since december of sometime and I start my academy tomorrow.

• AMCPD
          AMCPD commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the reply, helpmeout, they told me yesterday that they sent my background summary to the SGT for approval but after reading JBuce's posts that was fairly concerning to me. So I guess we will see what happens but I'm hoping to get approved shortly. Also, from the sounds of it the May academy has already begun. Best of luck to you although I'm disappointed I won't be in there with you!

• When is the next Academy?

Comment

• inucha
          inucha commented
          Editing a comment
          Next class is July or aug then September or October my money is on July cause it’s every 2 months new class is there goal

• The May academy did start. Their first day was 5/4/2020. They are trying to put through 6 classes a year. One every 2 months.

Comment

• Also, quick update, I passed my background and did my medical exam last Wednesday. I take my psychological tomorrow and I hope I get the call sometime after that. I will keep you all updated but I'm just excited that I made it this far and am almost finished with the process!

Comment

• Alright, I got the call yesterday on 5/22/20! I'm reporting on 5/29/20! If anyone else has been accepted then let me know. If not and you just have questions, feel free to DM me. Good luck, guys!

Comment

• gmen0587
              gmen0587 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! How long did the process take? I’m taking the test on the 10th. I’m from NJ so relocating with fam

• gmen0587 it took me about 4 months to get through the whole process even with the covid pandemic going on so their hiring process is very speedy in comparison with other departments.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6144 users online. 349 members and 5795 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X