Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just knocked out my medical on black friday (the nurses and staff did not seem to be happy that they were working that day lol), I believe I passed everything, or at least that's what I gathered from talking to the Doc following all the testing. Just have the psych left in a week and this whole process will be over with. I hope everyone had a great holiday and everyone is moving forward in your processes. Fingers crossed that I pass everything and get the call. 1 more week!
    Last edited by CaptainComatose; 12-02-2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      yea the doctor would have told you i believe.. i didnt leave till they told me tbh since i drove straight from new jersey just need to wait on results on psychological and then the clear for the commander to approve

• CaptainComatose
      CaptainComatose commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I don't blame you whatsoever, I probably should have directly asked if I passed but the way the Doc was talking to me during the physical seemed to imply that I had passed. At least when I told her my training regiment after she reminded me how physically demanding the academy is. She basically just said "Oh, you're fine then" lol so I'll just assume I'm good to go.

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea i agree that sounds really good to me. So your doing psychological next honestly don’t stress it get plenty of sleep relax and be completely honest don’t think “what do they want me to be” (got this advice from a police officer when I was 16 and remind my self every time I ever took a personality assessment or what ever but definitely go in rested eat something before if you can you will be there for couple hours but even tho I don’t know you I think you will be fine it’s the last step before it gets submitted to the command staff your at the last stretch then u just play the waiting game lmao

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up, I'm definitely not. My friend going through the current BPD academy gave me a rundown for the psych so I'm prepared for it. Just glad I had some PTO left to request the day off for it. And sounds like a blast lmao

• Still way too far in limbo. Getting really discouraged. Very glad to hear how everyone is progressing. Good luck to everyone heading into their final stages!

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly don’t lose hope the academy isn’t till January February since they want to start this next class at the university also I been at it for a long time too I applied in November last year but didn’t get serious till July which is really my fault but your actually good. My advice for both exams the week before till the day off get sleep cut back on fatty foods cut back on sodium pretty much eat healthy but be your self don’t lie on the exam you will be fine

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG! Cap is correct I had to do the spirometer 10 times u need to put your mouth over the cylinder while biting down with yo teeth then you need to do maximum push and hold the air for 15 sec I know this for a fact cause I did it wrong 7 times and you need to do it correctly 3 times in a row I got lucky since doc said give 4 more tries cause originally they didn’t pass me and was going to fail and doc was ok you didn’t do it correct cause the way they explained it at first was like doing a sobriety test which is completely different you need to push from your lungs deep deep down it’s not as scary or crazy as it sounds just keep in mind mouth over whole cylinder bite down on the plastic and suck up as much air as you can and push hold 1️⃣5️⃣ sec

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok 10 might be exaggerating but it was explained wrong and once they told me I did three back to back correct so make sure you ask how it’s done

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the encouragement

• So I got the call! Dec 16 I report. Time to look for a studio/room to rent lol

Comment

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!! That's awesome.

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn great news!!! Congrats to you!!!! Let us know how first days go and what they have ya doing before academy starts

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys just stay on top of your references have them check there spam.. I will keep you posted on everything but I’ll see you all at the academy good luck with everything else and I hope it goes smooth for you all
      Last edited by inucha; 12-04-2019, 01:58 PM.

• Well, that's it for me everyone, took care of my last "P" today and now just waiting on the final call or rejection letter/email. Gotta love the waiting lol.

Comment

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it’s a little bit of a relief

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Well I'll keep my fingers crossed that one of your christmas presents in the final call from them lol good luck and keep us updated.

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Let’s hope!!

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      That is awesome Jbuce! Good keep us posted

• My BI called and said the last thing holding up my packet is just having former employers and supervisors respond, so make sure whoever is left in the background to get after it with chasing down former employers/supervisors and having them fill out the survey.

Also, I can't quite describe the feeling of listening to my supervisor take my BI's call when I sit maybe 10 feet from her lol I guess that cats out of the bag now that I'm trying to leave and become a LEO.

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      I have faith it will work out for both of you but you might have to speak to your BI about them refusing to fill it out and they might make an exception. Until you get the thanks but no thanks email then keep pushing I really have faith it’s going to work out

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, so my BI straight up just showed up at my work today lmao hopefully the issue of them not responding has been resolved.

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s pretty awesome showed up at your job ha!! And yes inucha I’ve been telling my BI all along from start that there’s a few I expected to do this. Some of my alternate contacts provided from jobs were also supervisors so hoping that may help with some

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao that’s funny and awesome! I’m glad this happened.

• Well.....another week goes by and I’m still floating out in the abyss smh

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard from a source a lot of people are waiting most are because of reference response but there going to do mass hiring a bit before academy. in my understanding if academy is in a week there going to hire peeps

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I may make it for second class of 2027 lol

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao at least you get hired :P nah they just announced there going to push to hire 300 more officers promote current ect ect

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      is the next academy slated for December or January? And same Jbuce, its just a big waiting game for now. Keep after your survey people.

• Just submitted my eSOPH packet about 10 minutes ago. Sounds like I’ve got a fun road ahead of me.

Comment

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Prepare for loads of fun lol just make sure to stay on top of every person who gets a survey and make sure they fill em out and welcome to the fun

• So I found out today that the next academy class is “scheduled” for January 13. Which gives everyone a chance to be hired in 3 weeks. I was also told there changing everything in the academy.
    Last edited by inucha; 12-17-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      There shorting academy to 6 months as well as focusing on education, tactics and community policing. No one has gone in full details but anyone that spoke to us at HQ was telling us that there changing the academy and it’s going to be done completely different but for the better

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Ah, so it’s at least being confirmed that this new version of the academy will be coming up. That’s good to hear.

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea even the cop shop by HQ told me same thing when I went to get my tie. So as of right now January 13 is first day. Construction pending

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      My father in law is the dry wall distributer supplying the colleges refit for academy.... maybe I’ll tell him to slow down deliveries to gimme more time lmao!!!!

• .....not looking so good for me..... >:-/

Comment

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well heck that’s interesting....my BI said specifically that’s what holding up the higher ups and why looking at it so closely! I know all of my neighbor, friends, co-workers who filled out gave me raving remarks and my more current and present employers all gave me high remarks and good reference. Guess we will see but that’s kinda interesting

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      day one was all HR stuff I’m in fiscal helping out pushing papers others are in medical or basement doing same there is about 10 total I believe so we need 40 more

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I’m right here waiting on them to get me moving into final phase lol !! Will keep y’all posted if any further developments. (And that sounds so mundane...but you’re in!!!)

• Seraphym
      Seraphym commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm taking a shot in the dark here jbuce5, but if I had to guess what is going on, it's that those two references have still not completed the packet and sent it back to BPD. There is probably a policy that allows them to override not getting those references, a lot of their recruits as of late have been from Puerto Rico and I can guarantee they aren't getting all of those questionnaires back, but I'll venture a guess that it's probably time sensitive to give them an opportunity to send them back after a few attempts. Your BI probably isn't telling you that on the off chance that those references would have been poor and a fear that you might be able to contact them to suggest that they simply wait out the process for you.
      Last edited by Seraphym; 01-02-2020, 03:51 AM.

• Got the final call today! I report in about 2 weeks! Super excited to get started after the terrible week I've had.

Comment

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Another day of silence... aye yi yi

• Seraphym
      Seraphym commented
      Editing a comment
      What does your buddy mean "they don't hold anyone over for the next round"? I know people in HRS and I've never heard of that. My understanding has always been that you are in the running for one calendar year from the date that you applied. If it was 01/01/2019, then your process expired yesterday and you have to redo the process.
      Last edited by Seraphym; 01-02-2020, 03:03 AM.

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea Jbuce5 they hold it for over a year before it expires. in the off chance you dont make it for this class you will be in the next. im still waiting for your BI to come in to find out whats up DM me your name jic

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what I thought.. he said two people he knew (again this was years ago) never finished background never got denial letters never got hired. He prob assumed no hold overs idk.
      In any event I have 3 more tests upcoming for different depts now so we will see how things play out with baltimore if not just keeping options open

• Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone

Comment

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      You too, hope everyone had a great holiday.

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      You too! And I hope all the best to y’all

• Wow, I logged in to find a flood of PMs throughout my 3 year hiatus. If anyone has any questions about the process, as it was back in 2014 anyway, or about being in the BPD, feel free to ask. I'll answer any of them here, or via PM if you prefer.

Full disclosure: I lateraled out of BPD after three years of service.
    Last edited by Seraphym; 12-24-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Everyone have a safe and happy New Years!!

Message out to my BI today with no response as of now...given up at this point. Time move on focus elsewhere

Comment

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        hope you had an awesome new years too

• Originally posted by Jbuce5 View Post
      Everyone have a safe and happy New Years!!

Message out to my BI today with no response as of now...given up at this point. Time move on focus elsewhere
      New Year's Eve is a cancelled day. Unless your BI had a lot of seniority, they were probably detailed to the events. I'd be shocked if your BI responded yesterday or today.

Comment

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonder if they’ll push off start of academy dates like they have the last few to accommodate filling
        Last edited by Jbuce5; 01-02-2020, 01:52 PM.

• Seraphym
        Seraphym commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still in communication with my old coworkers. When I say that the drafting isn't "as bad", understand that this is completely subjective. As I said, when I was in, you could be drafted at any time during your shift and there was no limit to how many times you could be drafted. We were getting hit all four days at the time and that went on for nearly a year and what I mean by "it went on" is I can only say that it went on for a year because I was no longer there to observe it anymore. My former coworkers are telling me that they are getting drafted only two days a week now and never in a row. From my perspective, that's a 50% reduction in mandatory OT and constitutes what I would call "better".

However, all of that is all about perspective. If you are not accustomed to working mandatory OT or are the type of person who only wants to work OT on your own terms, the difference between getting drafted four or five days in a row isn't much different then getting drafted only one day during your work week.

With that being said, I'll also caution that it's always possible for the pendulum to swing back in the direction of what things were like when I was in. If you guys dig into the history of this thread, you'll see that they have been trying to hire somewhere between 300 and 400 officers for years. I got in at a time when they were looking for 300 officers for 2014 and had 4 classes, with 5 planned, all of which were large classes, around 40 to 50 trainees. it's been 5 years since then and they still need that number. In 2018, their net gain of officers between hires and losses was 2. They haven't posted the 2019 numbers, but I doubt they have gotten any closer. They will do what they have to do to maintain operational staffing.

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah my buddy said same thing with the OT and stuff and how horrible staffing is and cannot maintain officers or get ahead cuz everyone leaves. OT doesn’t bother me I get same thing now in my current profession so I’m accustomed to that already.

• Seraphym
        Seraphym commented
        Editing a comment
        One more tip to everyone, work on becoming self-reliant before you get to the streets. The academy is going to teach you how to function as a machine between you and your classmates. That's all well and good, but because of the nature of that beast, you are going to be responding to calls potentially without back-up. In my last year, it wasn't uncommon for officers to be forced to go to domestic situations, fights in progress, etc., without any back-up because the district is 10-12. I've even been forced to clear vacants by myself just because everyone is stuck on a call. Start preparing yourselves mentally for how you are going to address situations and start developing a game-plan for doing it solo.

• Quick question I took my polygraph 12/17/2019 and I passed and investigator told me the next step is for Kenntech (subcontracted company)who handles all the references. None of my references got any email or phone call yet what should I do?

thanks

Comment

• Treybey
        Treybey commented
        Editing a comment
        Echoeing what everyone else said. I think who your BI is ultimately plays a role in how fast you get through everything.

• Treybey
        Treybey commented
        Editing a comment
        Additionally, Ive heard both that ken tech can either speed up the process or slow it down.

• Treybey
        Treybey commented
        Editing a comment
        Jbuce5 Ken tech is still used.

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        patients. just keep your references on stand by things will speed up and slow down. all depending after this academy class gets picked in less then 10 days. just keep telling them to check there spam folders some of my peeps got it in there spam. right now there focusing on the ones that have only two things left with references filled out. so it wont be surprising if you dont get a response till march April

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12635 users online. 387 members and 12248 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X