Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just passed my poly, now just waiting for the background to conclude and hopefully will be moving onto the psych and physical.

Comment

• Rockeysf
      Rockeysf commented
      Editing a comment
      I moved to Maryland for another LE job a couple years ago. I applied in mid August. Took my poly at the beginning of October. Now just waiting hoping to hear something about the next steps soon.

• CaptainComatose
      CaptainComatose commented
      Editing a comment
      I initially applied at the end of September, and I'm from MD (about 20-30 minutes from Baltimore)

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Congratulations hope things move faster now

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Much appreciated inucha!

• I have my poly tomorrow. Hoping to get all this done still in time for December class but idk they seem move slow at times.

Comment

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got email from my investigator today basically said hold tight and stay out of trouble cuz it won’t be as soon as I think she has 3 other files still trying to complete also....soooooo.......hurry up and wait I guess HA

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      well at least you've had communication with yours, mine had an interview with an applicant and I was stuck waiting for 50 minutes for someone to let me know and it made me late to work lol. I emailed mine 2 days ago for some contact info updates for my eSOPH but I still haven't heard back.

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      And they wonder why morale and recruitment is low haha

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Just what happens when you're trying to in-process hundreds of applicants at the same time I guess, oh well. Just looking forward to having my BI get finished and hopefully move onto these last 2 portions. I'm ready to get started.

• so took the poly and passed it just waiting on bi to schedule medical now
    Last edited by inucha; 11-07-2019, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Did you already take the psych for them and just have medical left?

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      I still have to do both but i believe medical is first the psych but i can be wrong lol

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Don't quote me on this but I think they do the psych and then the medical is the last thing. Either way, 2 steps left for basically all of us active in the forum thread lol.

• I'm hoping that since it's been over a month since they began my background investigation that they would have found anything they may not have liked (which shouldn't be anything since I'm currently a LEO). They informed me about a week ago that they have everything they need from me at the moment and that I'm still processing. Hopefully at this point my background is about wrapped up and they're just waiting to set up psych and medical.

Comment

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Most likely yeah, I'd agree with you. I think that the investigators are just swamped with new applicants and current investigations that it's just taking a bit to get current applicants finished up and pushed through to the next phases. Shouldn't be too much longer now (at least that's my hope)

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rock where are you current LEO at if you don’t mind me asking?

• Anyone have any updates yet? I'm still waiting to hear back from my investigator.

Comment

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet here either. Little anxious and frustrated but guess that’s par for the course. Looking at other people’s threads looks like sometimes weeks go by from poly to the medicals. Not sweating it yet...

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Figured as much, but I was still curious. I've befriended a former BPD recruiter at my gym who I've kept up-to-date with my application. He told me to wait at least 2 weeks before trying to follow up after the poly or the BI's and recruiters get annoyed lol. Looks like its just a big waiting game for the time being.

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is. I am guessing holiday may slow things down bit too between affecting their office hours and people travel plans and being slow responding to esoph emails. I know as recent as last week some of my contacts were still receiving theirs.

• once again, anyone with a confirmed start date who needs a place to live dm me

Comment

• Anyone have updates on their progress?

Comment

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Nope lol just still waiting on background, finally heard back from my investigator though. Had to clarify a couple things, but I believe I'm still moving through the process. Hoping to get an invite to schedule the psych by the end of the month.

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah me neither

• Finally received a call from my BI, have my medical and psych schedule for the end of this month and beginning of December so I'm under the impression that my background was completed and I passed. Here's to hoping they go smoothly and I pass em.

Comment

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is some good news for you!! Glad it’s moving forward for ya....good luck with your medicals. Home stretch now

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Much appreciated Jbuce5, hopefully you get the call soon to get your last few things taken care of.

• Applied 9-2
      NTN 9-11
      Fitness 9-21
      e-soph received 9-25
      e-soph submitted 10-7
      Interview-10-20
      Poly 10-23
      Poly(re test) 11-5
      Psych 11-18
      Medical 11-20

Hopefully everything went well and I get that call! Patience is Key!

Comment

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow idk how you got your investigator to move you along so quickly with these dates but glad all your steps are completed!! Good luck to you

Applied 7/31
        NTN test 8/13
        PAT 9/21
        Esoph 10/12
        Interview 10/23
        Poly 11/6
        Psych/physical: ??
        Last edited by Jbuce5; 11-22-2019, 01:47 AM. Reason: Added timeline

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Just when I thought I was getting pushed through quick, Gulphtrap puts me to shame lol. Good luck and fingers crossed you get that call! Here's my timeline for reference as well.

Applied: 8/26
        NTN: 09/04
        Fitness: 09/15
        eSOPH received: 09/25
        eSOPH submitted: 10/12
        Interview: 10/24
        Poly: 11/05
        Medical 11/29
        Psych: 12/09

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Keep us posted on when you get the call how was the psyc and medical? I have mine scheduled next it seems. And captain I’m glad you got it scheduled when we get hired we should all meet at the academy

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Thank you inucha! And lol we'll be seeing each other quiteeee a lot if we all get hired, but I'm definitely game.

• I kept decent communication through email and did whatever he asked me to make his job easier! Plus I’m an out of state hire if that matters lol

Comment

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will be interesting to see how that all transpires! And how it will affect next class they’re putting together. In meantime I’m still waiting for background to be completed so my P’s can be scheduled (hopefully).

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Inucha how your psych and medical go?

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        I went in for psych on Monday the interview portion i believe i did good but have to wait till next Monday for results on the test portion. On Tuesday i went to the medical and was cleared so far seems good but you never know so now i wait lol

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great inucha you’re almost there

• Heard from a source at my gym (he's a former recruiter helping a family friend through the hiring process) that the next academy class is slated to start the first week or two of January and possibly be held at the new location at the University of Baltimore.

Comment

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes more sense tbh. I figured they would aim for January February because of the university which in turn gives them more time to get more candidates

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Yeah most definitely, hopefully they're able to get it filled up ASAP and start it on its proposed date.

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed! Get it filled and start asap and on time! Hopefully my file moves ahead now that background seems back in track and we all can be celebrating entering together

Any word on shortening the curriculum to 6 months?

• I’ll prob still be waiting for my background hahaha!!

I have some of my references saying they’re getting the requests again after they’ve already completed and submitted and some who haven’t been contacted at all!! Idk what’s going on!

I had a feeling Dec class was gonna be pushed if they could get the new location ready by then. Hope your medical goes well this week Capt

Comment

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        BI sent me email long list of ppl she still waiting hear back from. 3 on list said they never rec’d anything. One said couldn’t open attachment tried calling and never heard back from BI. Now BI telling me my file cannot be approved to move on until 100% of my responses are rec’d?!?! Come on now that’s unbelievable. Recruitment Sgt told my PAT group it’s not our fault if references don’t respond. Shouldn’t be punished due to others not completing their questionnaires.
        Trying to stay on top of these guys but some former employers or neighbors aren’t so accommodating really smh

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! I'm excited to get it over with lol. And if it makes you feel any better, mine did the same thing because not enough people initially filled out the survey. And that does seem a little extreme, hopefully you'll have enough responses soon so that they can close your investigation out.

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        Jbruce I’m in the same exact boat with you. I have one neighbor and one former employee/boss I been hounding (and I really hate bothering people) for a month to fill out and I know he’s running two stores but this is getting ridiculous it’s a 10 min application and until they fill it out they can’t submit it. I understand from a background check why don’t they fill it out what they hiding but still it’s like we so close it’s a bit annoying lmao

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I reached out to everyone one last time was able to get few ppl to respond and new contact emails for others. Hopefully I can move along now I’ve been stuck in limbo for weeks and weeks

• Alright. I'm back after a 5 year hiatus. If yall have any questions ask away.

I've been in the same seat your in now 8 years ago.

Comment

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome back! Are you currently still with the dept? A lot has changed with hiring process in the last year. Any advice or insight to what to expect as we enter final phases of process?

• StoneBone718
        StoneBone718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I see,

I'd say just lay low dont do anything stupid. Yes I have to say this because alot of people do, do dumb stuff that eventually gets them removed from the academy.

Dont speed, dont get into a Domestic incident, make sure your vehicles registration is strait......

Yes I'm still here. I have 8 years now. In your first year you will have the experience of someone in another jurisdiction with 5 to 8 years. In patrol, I've been on every single type of incident you can think of.

When you hit field training, Just listen and be willing to learn. If you follow those directions you will be fine.
        Last edited by StoneBone718; 12-05-2019, 06:56 PM.

• Hey everybody still active in this thread. I just completed the PAT on Saturday 11/23, so I’m very early on in the process. I’ve been reading most of the things that you guys have posted over the last few weeks and hope you all get through in these final phases of the hiring process. One question I have is, other than the list of paperwork that is given to us that we need to have ready, what were/are some unexpected things that popped up during the background? Any paperwork that wasn’t initially listed? Anything you wish you would have known beforehand? Thanks in advance and good luck!

Comment

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Nope, the list of paperwork that you're initially given after completing the PAT is pretty much all that's required. My advice is to order copies of any high school or college transcripts ASAP since they take the longest, and make sure to do the same for any arrest/court documentation that you (might) need since they also take forever to get. I ordered mine about a month in advance when I knew I was going to be applying to departments this year and it made a world of difference. Good luck with your process.

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        Also go to your local DMV and get record of past 7 years I totally forgot that but yea like cap said everything on that list is what’s needed but get 10 references, plus all former/current employees, landlords , HR contacts (mangers bosses ect ect) from the past 10 years and current 4 neighbors ASAP and inform them they need to fill it out if they agree to being these people for you. It looks like most of us get delayed because of contacts that need to be contacted

• DTfromMD
        DTfromMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I appreciate it.

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect answers! Especially on all the contact info you’ll need for anyone you’ve ever met, worked with or for and sneezed three seats down from you on a bus lol

That’s worst part honestly

• Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe and happy thanksgiving

Comment

• DTfromMD
        DTfromMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Same to you Jbuce

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        To you as well jbuce and everyone else

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Same to you!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10730 users online. 379 members and 10351 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X