Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all I took my two p’s 7/18 any idea when they’ll notify you of successful passing of both? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Yanks1993
      Yanks1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my psychology last week how long did it take you to find out if you passed?

• NJB0913 any updates on your status? I’m just gearing up for my written next week. Where from in jersey?

Comment

• NJB0913
      NJB0913 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there I got my call last week and I report 8/26 however my academy is end of Sept due to July academy starting late. I am from the Union County area so North ish (Elizabeth Linden areas) I legit started my process in April and four months later I am hired so it goes quick if you want the job bad enough. Good luck on your written!

• Jbuce5
      Jbuce5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man that’s awesome! I’m from nj myself, moved to Md almost 2 yrs ago. I lived in Berkeley heights/Mountainside area for awhile but mostly from Hunterdon county area. Take written tomorrow and hoping for smooth, quick process. When I talked with recruiter few weeks ago they hadn’t mentioned late start of academy wow. In any event congrats again and good luck!

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations njb0913 good luck at the academy when do you start?

• Hey everyone, I’m Currently active duty Air Force firefighter looking to switch to LE. Highly considering applying to BCPD. Curious if there are any other vets on here that applied while they were still active duty? Also how long the process took & was it easy to get picked up being a vet? My contract is up in about 7 months.

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Not vet but spoke to some when i took physical it definitely helps your a vet and as soon as you take written and then pass physical exam u start the real process of back ground investigation and so on.

• Anyone else currently in the process? Just took the NTN/Written exam yesterday and waiting for the results to post.

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Im currently in the processes completed the physical exam and now im doing the background. It really all depends on you passing the physical the sooner you pass the sooner you start the process

• CaptainComatose
      CaptainComatose commented
      Editing a comment
      Just passed their PT test not long ago, background has just started. Just have to go and get the enormous online PHS filled out asap.

• How's it going everyone? I've taken the written exam, physical fitness test, met with my background investigator, and have my poly scheduled for 10/1. So far everyone I listed on my background forms have been emailed a questionnaire. I've been a leo at 2 law enforcement agencies so I am not concerned about my background investigation. My wife accepted a great job in the area so we recently relocated to Maryland. I was just curious how long the process takes once you knock out the poly. Thanks!

Comment

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      It seems to be very hit or miss, some people either get pushed through at light-speed and other people like my buddy's girlfriend who took almost an entire year to get processed start to finish. Apparently they're in a mad push to fill a current academy class so expect it to move quick.

• NJB0913
      NJB0913 commented
      Editing a comment
      All depends but currently there are 15 people waiting on a few more to start a class. The department wants 20+ recruits to start a class so I wont be surprised if they rush some people into the waiting pool.

• Rockeysf
      Rockeysf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks everyone. I passed the polygraph. Afterwards my background investigator didn't really give much insight on what is next in the process. I assume it's getting my background investigation wrapped up. Hopefully it moves quickly

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! How soon do they tell you if you passed the poly? Rockeysf also NJB0913 have they told you estimated when do they want to start the academy if they get the 20+

• How is Baltimore about traffic enforcement? Do they encourage it or discourage being very proactive when it comes to traffic. I've heard some larger cities with high crime and call rates don't like their patrol officers doing a lot of traffic. I currently work for a town with a fair share of crime but my supervisors like seeing us do proactive traffic enforcement. I also just love doing traffic... Lol

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a buddy currently a BCpd officer and he tells me they get on them once in a while but all the officers usually enforce traffic if its a slow night

• On the home stretch with my eSOPH (finally), I got blindsided by the shear amount of information needed. How's everyone else coming along?

Comment

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! I think we finished about the same time. I have an appointment on 22nd and poly on 23rd im coming from jersey so there trying to at least bunch some of it up. Im super nervous. I mean i live a clean life havent even had a traffic stop past 8 years but i have met a few people i know that have failed poly over false negatives in border patrol

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Nice Inucha! You're actually further along than me right now, I think they just sent out the email surveys to people on my app. And you'll do fine, just do what the recruiting Sgt said and stay consistent with everything and try not to stress too much.

• inucha
      inucha commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea im definitely going to try ha ha but ill let you know whats next

• CaptainComatose
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good, and goodluck.

• If anyone here got hired or will be attending the academy soon, dm me for a place to live.

Comment

• I applied on August 2nd, 2019 and I just took my medical today. I spoke with my BI and he said once he gets the results he will let me know what the next step is....

Comment

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh nice! How long did it take to get poly results and then schedule medical ?

• Rockeysf
        Rockeysf commented
        Editing a comment
        I too am curious about how long it took. Had my Poly at the beginning of October in which I passed. Just waiting on the next steps.

• My BI contacted me to schedule my in-person interview basically ASAP which I'm guessing is a good thing? Though I thought you were supposed to have a preliminary interview then the background starts, but all of my references/contacts on my eSOPH have been sent out email surveys so I'm not sure lol just hoping that the rest of this goes nice and smooth.

Comment

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea it’s a good thing I have the poly tomorrow the interview background is together they really don’t interview if they contact you it’s a good thing

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Alright cool, I’ve got my scheduled so hopefully it keeps progressing. And awesome, good luck with it!

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        how'd your poly go inucha?

• I applied on Aug 15. Had the interview with my BI and took the polygraph at the beginning of October in which I passed. References have been emailed a questionnaire at the beginning of October as well. I reached out to the BI this week asking if I need to touch base with any references that have not responded yet or if the BI needed any additional info. BI informed me they have everything they need for the time being. Hopefully I get contacted soon about the next steps..

Comment

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        So at this point you’re just waiting to take the psych and medical? Almost home free at this point

• Applied 8/2/19
      NTN Test 8/5/19 passed (results day later)
      Fitness Test 8/13/19 passed (results same day)
      eSoph Background 8/18/19 began
      Polygraph 9/24/19 passed (results same day)
      Medical 10/21/19 appeared to pass everything but when I followed up with my BI after I left the appointment he said he needs the clear from the doctor before he can let me know what next step is so I’m just waiting to hear. I will follow up in a week or two if I haven’t heard anything. BPD is my top choice, I go for my second ride-along next week.

Comment

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        How far into the process are you now MDML?

• MDML213
        MDML213 commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainComatose. Yes the October academy already started which you can see on the BPD facebook. From what I have been told December is the next but of course that can always change. I’ve taken everything up through my physical a couple weeks ago and I am still waiting to hear what the next step is. Hoping to hear something soon, would like to put my mind at ease knowing BPD is becoming a reality for me.
        Last edited by MDML213; 10-30-2019, 09:04 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling errors

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Ah, I didn't even think to check their FB about the academy starting. And awesome, you're literally on the home stretch. I don't think you'll have to wait too much longer though, here's to hoping you get the final call. I hope me and some others following this post will be joining you soon enough.
        Last edited by CaptainComatose; 10-31-2019, 11:53 AM.

• Rockeysf
        Rockeysf commented
        Editing a comment
        Still haven't heard anything since passing the polygraph. It's been about a month now. Wondering if I should ask the background investigator for an update or just wait it out.

• I have 6 months left of my active duty Air Force contract. Should I start the application process? Or should I wait till closer out of my separation?

Comment

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        You'll get a thousand different answers on this, but my advice as of this current cycle is to just wait until you get closer to separating. They seem to be flying through processes for people as of late, and I doubt it will take a full 6 months for them to get you through. Just my 2 cents on it.

• Anyone have any updates? Still waiting for my next steps from passing the poly on 10/1. Assuming they send out thanks but no thanks letters, I suppose no news is good news.

Comment

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        Just waiting to take my poly at this point, my date is coming up fairly soon.

• Well after all that I went through and taking my medical evaluation two weeks ago, I received an email today thanking me for applying but that I did not meet departmental standards and was not hired and could not be given a reason of how I did not meet the standards of the department. So good luck to the rest of you in the mix, at least I’m one less person you will have to compete against for a spot. Very disappointing and pretty shocking.

Comment

• Jbuce5
        Jbuce5 commented
        Editing a comment
        213 good luck! I’ve been digging at this off and on for Loooong time trying to hook up with a dept. the processes are long, exhausting and extremely taxing emotionally!! Keep at it and the right fit will happen and you’ll be happier for it

• inucha
        inucha commented
        Editing a comment
        well thats good you have the surrounding counties. good luck and jbuce is right the right fit will happen

• MDML213
        MDML213 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jbuce and inucha for the support. Jbuce, your right, its a extremely long and emotionally draining process. I will continue to pursue elsewhere, as it is my goal to become a LEO and if it doesn't happen right away, I will keep at it until it does. Still bugged by BPD's decision because I was told by so many other officers to not pursue their because of how the department is ran but I just had such a passion to be in the city vs the county that I ignored almost every bit of advice and said its the place for me so I pursued it.....just BPD didn't want me as much as I wanted them so that is weird to go through. Good Luck to both of you and keep fighting to get in somewhere.

• CaptainComatose
        Editing a comment
        It seems persistence is the key with getting into any public safety position. Just keep applying and doing your best, you'll find your right fit. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.Good luck with the rest of your apps

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11602 users online. 413 members and 11189 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X