Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new the forum, my process is just on the way. I recently took the the NTN test, and scored Reading 93, writing, 100, and video, 77. I am not sure how fast the process is with Baltimore, wished it was condense for out of state like in the past. Plane tickets are very expensive right now.

Comment

• The process can take long, I have been in the process since October 26, and I''m waiting to get scheduled for the poly.

Comment

• Blurboy34, they’re always calling and seem very eager to move the process, they contact right after I’ve applied, did follow ups too make sure I was schedule for the NTN. Now, I was contacted for the PT test. I just wished it was a condense process, for I don’t have all the money to be traveling back and forth there.

Comment

• blueboy34
          blueboy34 commented
          Editing a comment
          true, many other Police Department have a condense version for out of state applicants. Baltimore use to have a condense version. Four months into the process is not bad though, for me the speed seem to be normal, not too slow.

• WeOwnTheNight
          WeOwnTheNight commented
          Editing a comment
          Give your investigator a call. They were pretty good with scheduling me for dates within the same week being as tho I was from out of town. My investigator knew was traveling and spending money each time so he scheduled me to complete test/interviews all in the same week, and I just got a hotel for that week.

• I’m not sure if it’s posted here on this forum. But does anyone know if the equipment such as; uniform, belt, boots etc...are provided by the dept when you’re in the academy ?
        if so how much am I looking to spend out of pocket ?

thanks in advance guys.

Comment

• JAK774
          JAK774 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure. On the career website it says equipment provided so I would imagine you don’t have to spend anything out of pocket. What step in the process are you in?

• age7215
          age7215 commented
          Editing a comment
          You will have to buy boots, the rest of your uniform is provided but once you are hired you have to buy a decent amount of stuff expect to spend at least $300

• age7215 thanks...much appreciated

Comment

• Hey all I have a question, I took and passed my polygraph last week and now am in the middle of the background check. I know the times very from person to person but does anyone have any idea of the usual wait time for the background check?

Comment

• bpdcorrupt
            bpdcorrupt commented
            Editing a comment
            sometime between now and forever. The investigators are extremely lazy.

• JAK774
            JAK774 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had my background completed before the poly and my background took about a month to complete between the investigator and Kentech

• Anyone have any advice when it comes to looking for somewhere to live for the academy?

Comment

• Cockeysville or Towson isn’t too far. Or you can look in canton or fed hill.

Comment

• Does anyone know what does the medical portion consist of?

What type of tests do medical perform?

Comment

• It’s a basic physical, eye test, hearing, blood pressure, and spirometer test for asthma

Comment

• blueboy34
                  blueboy34 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How is the spirometer test? Meaning is there a time restriction?
                  Last edited by blueboy34; 03-19-2019, 08:12 PM.

• JAK774
                  JAK774 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You get 6 attempts and they use the best 3 I believe. Give the test a google before you take it. It was my first time taking one and the woman giving me the test couldn’t seem to explain what I needed to do. I still passed but after the test I researched it and it really isn’t as difficult as the woman was making it out to be. It’s like blowing out a boat load of birthday candles. You need enough pressure to extinguish the flame but enough lung capacity to make sure all 50 candles go out haha if that makes sense.

• Thanks JAK774, have you gotten the final call?

Comment

• JAK774
                  JAK774 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thankfully I did. Looking forward to getting started with the BPD

• WOW, what a blessing, holy cow congrats my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• If anyone slated for the May academy wants to rent an apartment or if anyone has a room for rent I’m in the market. Going to be in the May academy!

Comment

• blueboy34
                    blueboy34 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats Rutgers2019.

• I am about to graduate from the academy. I am an out of state hire so I may relate to some of you. Heads up for those going in.
                  Keep your head down and be on time on your assignments. Don't be late for anything. Always be fully prepared. Have all your gear with you at all times. Do not leave anything in your car or else things will get stolen out of your car and you will get in trouble. Be professional and don't fool around outside of the academy. Choose your friends carefully and don't get offended easily. Nothing is personal. You have to have your game face on some days but you will build great relationships with classmates. Learning to shoot will probably be the most exciting part of the academy as well as Law classes. You will have the most experienced law instructors state-wide in BPD academy. They know what they are teaching! The instructors will crush and rebuild you
                  Good luck!

Comment

• JAK774
                    JAK774 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ve only been in the academy for a few weeks now but I can already attest to everything that was said here. Keep your heads down and do what you need to do. It’s all mental

• blueboy34
                    blueboy34 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks JAK.

• Thanks a ton Prestige, congrats

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4307 users online. 160 members and 4147 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X