300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pyro223 View Post
    I did everything up to the polygraph in november but I haven't got an acceptance letter nor a DQ letter.

idk what's the hold up
    I did everything up to background investigation and my investigator just sent me an email saying my summary was turned in for review.. Anyone knows what this could mean ?

Comment

• Everything they reviewed is being looked at for acceptance or denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by age7215 View Post
        Everything they reviewed is being looked at for acceptance or denied.
        I got my dates for physch and medical. Does anyone know what kind of color vision test give give at the medical ? I have a red and green deficiency.

Comment

• Did anyone here take the Physical Agility Test on May 5, 2018? And have you heard anything back from the department?

Comment

• Posting this for my former academy buddy.

I have two rooms opening up in the townhouse I rent on August 1st. The house is in the O'Donnell Square development near Greektown and Highlandtown (southeast Baltimore). For people moving from out of state, it's a safe part of the city that's very close to I-95, Canton Crossing (shopping center that has a Target, food store, nice beer/wine store, bunch of restaurants) and Canton Square (bars, restaurants). Johns Hopkins is also a short drive away.

The first room available is a 3rd floor Master Bedroom with a full private bathroom attached to it. It rents for $900/month plus utilities.

The second room is a smaller bedroom on the first floor that also has a full private bath attached to it. This room is going for $500/month plus utilities.

The house has a back deck, big kitchen, and living room w/TV (no cable, just internet if you have a Roku). From the deck you can look down the alley and see the skyline of the city. Utilities (internet, water, electric, etc) are handled by the roommates while rent is paid individually via Venmo to the landlord. The house is huge so maid service is usually ordered to do the common areas and the bedrooms every month (added to utilities). Utilities run about $40-60 per person each month.

Commute wise (assuming you're a new hire who is going to the Academy) you would be leaving early enough in the morning and leaving early enough in the afternoon where you shouldn't have issues with rush hour traffic.

Little about me...I'm a 31 year old male who moved to Baltimore 7 years ago after I got hired by BPD. About 5 years ago I left BPD and currently work for a department out in the suburbs. I usual work normal hours but will go on stretches with my job where I'm out of the house a lot. Besides work I like to see bands play, watch football/baseball, and am a craft beer snob (although I always keep a healthy supply of PBR cans in the fridge for emergencies).

Please contact me at [email protected] if you're interested in seeing the place. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Comment

• I got the final call from BPD. Good luck everyone with the process.

Comment

• I have a room available for any anyone interested. 2 bed / 2 bath. Located in Towson MD right by the highway and 20 minute commute to the academy. Rent is 880 a month. 6 month lease. Message me if interested.

Comment

• Application submitted for review on Tuesday. BI said I should hear back within a week, hoping to be moving up soon for the November academy

Comment

• Just got the call. Best of luck to anyone still in the process

Comment

• PJNR
                    PJNR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How long it takes from the time you submit your background info to when the BI contacts you?

• Anyone going to any upcoming Civil Service tests? I plan on taking mine very soon and taking the PAT the following Saturday. Also looking to schedule a ride along while I'm in town

Comment

• I was permanently disqualified. Not sure why. What do some reason a person becomes permanently disqualified?
                    I thought I had a clean record. I even have a federal clearance. Can it be because of the family having a criminal historihistorys domestic violence and drugs?
                    If anyone knows anything of why this could happen contact me

Comment

• Homeboy990
                      Homeboy990 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Its rare a dept permanently dq's a candidate. If so, the only two scenarios I can think of is for dishonesty or a felony conviction.

• Looking for a room near dundalk, baltimore county police academy. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything in regards to the next 2018 academy class?

Comment

• neftydred
                        neftydred commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Next class is in January

• As stated in another post, I was DQ. I looked into my juvenile record and saw that my charger where felony level. The charges are burglary, $500 theft and destruction of property. I was 10 years old. I did get into a fight in school in 7 the grade too. Those are my only times being arrested. Could that be the reason for DQ? Does anyone know?

Comment

• CopQuestions8
                        CopQuestions8 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh okay. Did you apply for other places and get far or is this your first try

• Ky86
                        Ky86 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, Those most definitely could be the cause / reason. Also. Did you disclose it on your application or no?

• Hey everybody, so I just got my application approved so I'm just starting out. Could anybody tell me about this new test they're doing now? I was told everything is done on computer but with the video part will I be talking to the computer screen or just watching the scenarios and clicking or writing out an answer? Any info would be nice.

Comment

• Ky86
                        Ky86 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was wondering the same thing. Following this question..
                        Last edited by Ky86; 12-19-2018, 05:03 AM.

• inucha
                        inucha commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The video is simple there two parts first is u see video take notes and wright a report. Then 2nd is you see scenarios and u select one of for options what you would do. Honestly its simple common sense situations be very honest domt sit there thinking “ what do they want to hear” be completely honest you will do fine

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11783 users online. 421 members and 11362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X