300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CopQuestions8 View Post
    Hey I just got my DQ letter. It says I was permanently DQ’d I’m not sure what I did. Will that hurt my chances with another dept?
    Hey, what do you think was the cause for your DQ ?

Comment

• CopQuestions8
      CopQuestions8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t know. I remember signing a paper stating that they can’t tell me. You in the process?

• I got a letter saying my application was suspended. Doesn’t say anything about being DQ. Anybody have this happen to them?

Comment

• Does any one know that if you are deaf in one ear is it possible to get a waiver or get someone to clear you to do the required job functions. I can function normally, just curious because I have been told a lot of different things

Comment

• CopQuestions8 yeah I'm in the process. Currently in the process of meeting my investigator like next week. Should I be worried about anything? Can I private message you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosco22 View Post
          Does any one know that if you are deaf in one ear is it possible to get a waiver or get someone to clear you to do the required job functions. I can function normally, just curious because I have been told a lot of different things
          What do the physical requirements say? Being deaf in one ear does not allow normal function. You have a 50% hearing deficit.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Rosco22
            Rosco22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Baltimore city hasn't given or posted any medical requirements that I can find but this is what Frederick city follows. Now while I wouldn't pass the audiometer test ,I would pass a whisper test at 15 feet.

2.1                Hearing Acuity

The candidate must have unaided hearing in both ears sufficient to perform essential tasks without posing a direct threat to themselves or other.  An acceptable test is a whispered conversation at 15 feet or, preferably, using an audiometer, the candidate should have not average loss of 25 or more decibels at the 500, 1000, 2000, and 3000 Hertz (Hz) levels in either ear with no single frequency loss in excess of 40.

• Deaf in one ear is an automatic DQ

Comment

• Can anyone give me a rough estimation on how long the hiring process is? Going down next week to test!

Comment

• Hows the parking to go and take the civil service test at their HQ? Are the weekday tests usually crowded?

Comment

• I went on a weekday last month and it was just me and another guy, I’m sure it busier on the weekend. Get their early to find parking, there’s either meter parking, if you can find a spot, or put it up in a garage nearby. Those are really your only two options.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                  I cant really remember the physical requirements exactly, but I remember that it wasnt difficult at all. I just got out of the Corps, so it was easy to me, however, some people did have problems with the Agility Test. The hardest part I think for most is the run, its 1 1/2 miles, but I cant tell you the time it has to be run in. The build you up so its not too bad getting in shape, but I would also work out on my own. The tests (from memory) are situps, push ups, run, sit and reach. I think a mini obstacle course (nothing fancy), but I'm not sure if that was for fun, or an actual test.
                  Awesome. That's good to know.

Were you able to talk with any of the recruiters there? Do they accept a resume on the spot or anything? With only a handful of people that seems like a good opportunity to kind of put a "face to the test" sort of thing.

I'll definitely shoot for a weekday test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny5678 View Post

Awesome. That's good to know.

Were you able to talk with any of the recruiters there? Do they accept a resume on the spot or anything? With only a handful of people that seems like a good opportunity to kind of put a "face to the test" sort of thing.

I'll definitely shoot for a weekday test.
                    The test is 39 sit ups in one minute, 29 push ups in one minute, 1.5 mile run in 16.29 or less 80% of your bodyweight bench press and glock familiarization.

Comment

• Originally posted by age7215 View Post

The test is 39 sit ups in one minute, 29 push ups in one minute, 1.5 mile run in 16.29 or less 80% of your bodyweight bench press and glock familiarization.

39 sit ups in one minute is a fairly fast clip (I think most people get what, like 45?)... my agency right now uses Glocks so I would really, really hope I'm good with those.

But all of that is after the civil service test, right? Like on a different day? (Unless I read the website wrong)

Comment

• I did everything up to the polygraph in november but I haven't got an acceptance letter nor a DQ letter.

idk what's the hold up

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny5678 View Post

39 sit ups in one minute is a fairly fast clip (I think most people get what, like 45?)... my agency right now uses Glocks so I would really, really hope I'm good with those.

But all of that is after the civil service test, right? Like on a different day? (Unless I read the website wrong)
                          Yes, you take the civil service than a month later you take your physical agility test. The sit ups was definitely the hardest part

Comment

• Originally posted by age7215 View Post

Yes, you take the civil service than a month later you take your physical agility test. The sit ups was definitely the hardest part
                            Sent ya a PM with a question if you don't mind...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10210 users online. 351 members and 9859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X