Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats wats up. im just waiting for a call for an offer now. good luck on yours qd28

Comment

• Originally posted by Wsaund View Post

I am looking to go into BCPD and curious as to know "Is being a LEO in Baltimore City as bad as people (non-LEO's) make it sound? As an example: A family member of mine keeps stating that is a horrible choice to be a LEO for Baltimore City. I see it as a great learning experience. Please know that there opinion will not change my mind. This is more of a curiosity question.

Thank you again for your time.
      let me just start by saying, your decision should never be based on what family wants you to do or what your family thinks is best for you. only you know what is best for you and you gotta be a free thinker to work anywhere in LE.

with that said... it all depends on what your family is referring to. if they are referring to the danger aspect of it, no, its not really all that bad. if you have a decent head on your shoulders and listen to your senior officers, and treat each day like a learning experience, you will easily be ok. sure, there is a chance you may get hurt, or worse, but that is just part of this job. more officers die in car accidents/getting hit by cars than they do in gun battles. even then, soooo many officer fatalities by gun fire result from the officer not wearing a vest (that was published by the FBI this past year). im the type of person that looks at life as though you can just as easily die crossing the street as a civilian, or dying from an illness.

if they are referring to the quality of job, they are partly right...and wrong.

yes, we make less money and our equipment isnt the best, but we also get away with ALOT more than officers might in other depts. if this dept was really as bad as people make it out to be, why would any one work there? you only reason you hear about all the bad stuff on TV, is because the city is very politics driven. officers in other depts get into the same trouble and do just as many stupid things as BPD officers do. theirs just dont make headlines because no one really cares. think about it, everyone knows about the MdTA officer that was dating a drug dealer and tipped him off to a raid, but the story died overnight. or how about the trooper that abducted the guy at taco bell and led balt co police on a chase, again, story died over night. i can keep going for just about every agency.

Comment

• Took final Medical exam today, passed... Talked to BI, was informed that academy has yet again been pushed back, till the end of the month. Anybody else hear this?

Comment

• Just waiting for it to get nice and steamy before they start the next class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qd28 View Post
            Took final Medical exam today, passed... Talked to BI, was informed that academy has yet again been pushed back, till the end of the month. Anybody else hear this?
            No way!

Seriously though look at the page before this one where we all talked about it

Comment

• Quick question, I tested Jan 9-10 for the out of state process I was assigned my BI April 7th, the wk of April 15th my references recieved their letters and sent them back I called the 24th of April to see if everything was okay and my BI stated that she would call me when she recieved all of my reference papers. I have talked to all of my references and they all sent their letters back around the same time so she should have them, but I havent heard from her. My question is what should i do should I keep waiting or should I try to get a hold of my BI and see what's up I dont know I have a clean background and I am a seasonal cop in the summer so does anyone have any input on what I should do.
              Baltimore City Police

Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
              Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
              Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
              Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
              Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
              Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
              PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
              Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
              Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
              HIRED: 9/1/09

Comment

• I am new to this so please bare with me. I am due out of the Marine Corps. in October of this year. i served 5 years with the Marine Corps and my home town is Baltimore City. my question is when should be a good time to start this process trying to become a Baltimore Police Officer? I have heard this process can take anywhere from 2 months to a year to get in. Now I am stationed in Camp Pendleton Ca. and how do i get to take the exam to even start trying? what will they do if i have an active top security clearance? thank you to all who reply.
                Last edited by MACK022505; 05-07-2009, 05:35 PM. Reason: had another question

Comment

• Originally posted by Den87 View Post
                  Quick question, I tested Jan 9-10 for the out of state process I was assigned my BI April 7th, the wk of April 15th my references recieved their letters and sent them back I called the 24th of April to see if everything was okay and my BI stated that she would call me when she recieved all of my reference papers. I have talked to all of my references and they all sent their letters back around the same time so she should have them, but I havent heard from her. My question is what should i do should I keep waiting or should I try to get a hold of my BI and see what's up I dont know I have a clean background and I am a seasonal cop in the summer so does anyone have any input on what I should do.
                  call if you want to. mail doesnt go to HQ. it goes to a central "mail room" of sorts across town and then gets sorted and then forwarded throughout the city. nothing to worry about, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACK022505 View Post
                    I am new to this so please bare with me. I am due out of the Marine Corps. in October of this year. i served 5 years with the Marine Corps and my home town is Baltimore City. my question is when should be a good time to start this process trying to become a Baltimore Police Officer? I have heard this process can take anywhere from 2 months to a year to get in. Now I am stationed in Camp Pendleton Ca. and how do i get to take the exam to even start trying? what will they do if i have an active top security clearance? thank you to all who reply.
                    contact recruiting. they MAY be able to work something with you where they have your local PD do a background, or just use the one from your security clearance, and then have you do the testing in Oct when you come home.

1877 pride pd

Comment

• TFO's

All, I am in the process of applying and would like to know how one can get into the Air Unit as a TFO? Is there a 'waiting time' as it applies to time in service before one could apply? I have 10+ years aviation experience but I don't have the required hours to be a pilot. So, being a TFO would be another option.

Comment

• Originally posted by croc1234 View Post
                        TFO's

All, I am in the process of applying and would like to know how one can get into the Air Unit as a TFO? Is there a 'waiting time' as it applies to time in service before one could apply? I have 10+ years aviation experience but I don't have the required hours to be a pilot. So, being a TFO would be another option.
                        I actually know someone in the air unit. It's a very small unit and it took him like ten years to get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by croc1234 View Post
                          TFO's

they have hired people as pilots. you start with 1st year Sgt's pay while in the academy... not a bad gig. contact recruiting.

edit: i didnt read the end of your post about you not having enough hours for pilot. disregard my reply then. im not going to delete it, incase someone wants to know in the future.
                          Last edited by jvegas; 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravensFTW View Post
                            I actually know someone in the air unit. It's a very small unit and it took him like ten years to get in.
                            is your friend a pilot or an observer?
                            Last edited by jvegas; 05-09-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• TFO's

Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              they have hired people as pilots. you start with 1st year Sgt's pay while in the academy... not a bad gig. contact recruiting.
                              I know the process for pilots but what I am looking for is information on getting in as a TFO. Does anybody have information for the TFO position?

Comment

• i heard from my BI the academy starts the week after next. anyone else hear the same? Anyone in for the next class here?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13850 users online. 475 members and 13375 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X