Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances for joining units outside of patrol(detectives,task force,anit-crime,etc) with the dept nedding more patrol officers ?

Is the hiring process running more efficient for new hires?

Comment

• Spamming posts and threads. Reported.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• I just finished the process for BPD. I had medical last week. How long does it take to get the call? When is the next academy?

Comment

• I'm considering applying for the department. I'm curious if the civil service test is challenging or rather easy as most other department test seem to be? Also, hows parking around headquarters?

Comment

• CopQuestions8
            CopQuestions8 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am also. What other state test are easy out there?

• Lcrugby
            Lcrugby commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't know anything about any other state issued test, I'm only interested in BPD. Besides, what might be considered a hard test, may be easier or harder for me because of intellectual levels and ones test taking ability. I'm more interested in getting an overall response of what others thought of the the test, and parking.

• Lmao "intellectual levels" yea sure...okay buddy

Comment

• the test is simple, you have nothing to worry about. and if you do fail you can take it until you pass. the only test that you have to wait for is the physical agility test. if you fail that you have to wait 30 days

Comment

• Lcrugby
              Lcrugby commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect, thanks for the response.

• Whats wrong with saying intellectual levels

Comment

• Wow...Did not know other aspects of the department were effected like this. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcrugby View Post
                I'm considering applying for the department. I'm curious if the civil service test is challenging or rather easy as most other department test seem to be? Also, hows parking around headquarters?
                There are other departments that are hiring just as much if not more, but are a better quality of life. You should read that article that jm89 posted.
                Good luck if you test

Comment

• Lcrugby
                  Lcrugby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ALready with another department not too far south from you all. But, right now I'm checking and seeing what else is out there. Doesn't hurt to be on a hiring list in case I decide to leave that one. I appreciate the heads up nonetheless. And if you got any info, feel free to pm me!

• What is the scheduling like? I understand 4 days a week. But do they switch from time to time? Is your schedule personally made? Im asking because I am also looking at the Guard and hear from other officers and guardsman that their department will schedule their weekends off for their drill. Is that what its like in Baltimore?

Comment

• A follow up to my last question- how often are you guys working? Im reading all this stuff about mandatory overtime, 80 hours a week, and 12 hour shifts. Whats the average week?

Comment

• Patrol works four 10-hour days and three days off. If the next shift is short staffed, and they usually are, up to 11 people can be drafted to work the next shift per the contract. Hard to draft 11 people when only 6 people are in roll call from the previous shift, but I digress. Technically, you are not supposed to work more than 16 hours in a 24 hr period. Depending on the supervisors, you could be sent home before working 16 hours. Many times, the supervisors are also short staffed and over burdened with admin that they forget that you are there and don't call you in until way past the 16 hour mark.

If the city experiences a severe crime wave in a relatively short time frame, the mayor panics and tells the commissioner to do something about it. Their smoke and mirror solution is to make mandatory 12-hour shifts for patrol and detectives. When the usual ebb and flow of violence subsides, the brass all circle-jerk each other and credit the drop in crime to their totally awesome plan, when in fact, it was the cyclical nature that was the reason for the drop.
                    Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

• Stoney25
                      Stoney25 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the info. If The days you work are changed every 28 days correct? Is this done by a system? Or does someone look through the roster and change it? I guess Im asking if Guardsmen get special schedules or will there be some weeks where ill only patrol 2 days a week?

• Does any one know how long it takes to get an interview after you pass the agility test.

Comment

• gmen0587
                      gmen0587 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea curious too. I took my agility august 12th. Still waiting

• CopQuestions8
                      CopQuestions8 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mine was Sept. 9th still no answer

• Anyone from the August 12th pt get a call for anything yet?

Comment

• Sapper123
                      Sapper123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I took mine in June and I just got my call for an interview

• Oh wow. Did you do any other steps?

Comment

• Sapper123
                      Sapper123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just the waiting game

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4057 users online. 201 members and 3856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X