300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post

You do realize, as you are APPLYING for this job, you're arguing with active BPD members right now, right? One of which happens to be on the floor above recruitment right now and knows everybody down there... Hey, applicant, you should probably shut your mouth right about now.

Again, I will not stand for someone to come for my intelligence. Regardless, who they are.... I have been monitoring there post before I comment on what was said to me. If they are so high up they should know how to speak to a person regardless of the situation. This forum is informal and for questions about the process of BPD not the for the grammar police that's all I am saying about this matter.
    Last edited by jayrcep; 04-05-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrcep View Post

Again, I will not stand for someone to come for my intelligence. Regardless, who they are.... I have been monitoring there post before I comment on what was said to me. If they are so high up they should know how to speak to a person regardless of the situation. This forum is informal and for questions about the process of BPD not the for the grammar police that's all I am saying about this matter.
      He does have a point though. Your use of "mines, nd and knowledge of the difference of there & their" kind of makes me vexed and wonder. But carry on.

Comment

• So, anyway.

assuming no updates for anyone.

Comment

• I just went down for my background interview and polygraph today. passed the poly so now I'm waiting for the next step

Comment

• Originally posted by WML313 View Post
            So, anyway.

assuming no updates for anyone.
            Actually, I finally got my DQ letter yesterday. It's not good news but I've been expecting it since during the pre-hire physical the doc told me I would be out due to failing the spirotromey (breathing) test. A bit disappointed as I interviewed for civilian positions with the department as well & they kept telling "No, you're still in process". It got my hopes up that maybe there is a tiny chance but nope. I'm out.

On the good side, I've been to my primary care doc & got the issue resolved for next time spirometromy (breathing) test won't be an issue. Plus I'm down about 30 lbs & my run time is up by over a minute. So, PG should be (knock on wood) better process.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• "After careful consideration, you have not been selected for the position.". Got the letter today. When I called, they wouldn't tell me why other than to say, "it wasn't because of your background." So that means it was medical (which I passed), psych, or another reason. This may have been for the best as Bcpd is currently mired in scandal and other troubles. Good luck fellas and ladies, hope you guys get on. After almost a year, I havent decided if I want to do this process again but I might.

Comment

• why do you think you got a dq letter? you would think that if you make it through the whole process they would offer you the position unless there was something that you failed or you come up as high risk by the psychologist. you don't have any suspicions why you got the dq letter?

Comment

• and the reason I say that is because every step costs the department money. if they weren't considering you for employment you would think they would have given you the dq letter prior to a physical examination and a psychological examination.

Comment

• Originally posted by age7215 View Post
                  why do you think you got a dq letter? you would think that if you make it through the whole process they would offer you the position unless there was something that you failed or you come up as high risk by the psychologist. you don't have any suspicions why you got the dq letter?
                  none whatsoever. I have no idea. I was in and then nothing. I guess it could be the psych or maybe a failed drug test but I don't use so I really don't know. Strange

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post

Actually, I finally got my DQ letter yesterday. It's not good news but I've been expecting it since during the pre-hire physical the doc told me I would be out due to failing the spirotromey (breathing) test. A bit disappointed as I interviewed for civilian positions with the department as well & they kept telling "No, you're still in process". It got my hopes up that maybe there is a tiny chance but nope. I'm out.

On the good side, I've been to my primary care doc & got the issue resolved for next time spirometromy (breathing) test won't be an issue. Plus I'm down about 30 lbs & my run time is up by over a minute. So, PG should be (knock on wood) better process.

Good luck everyone!

Dude don't sweat it. I got DQ from Fairfax County Police for failing the spirometromy as well. I had never had any breathing issues, or any scares about asthma in my life. I went to a pulmonologist and I was diagnosed with asthma because of test scores, not because of symptoms. So I went to different doctors. The purpose of the story is, I am now in a police academy with a different agency was hired on no problem. Every department is different, and all doctors are different. Best of luck man

Comment

• Is Baltimore City PD in its current state worth applying to ? Is the direction the department going positive for officers now and for future officers ?

Comment

• A.B226
                      A.B226 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not really but if you're looking to make great money and gain a lot of expirience this is the place to be.

• Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
                    Is Baltimore City PD in its current state worth applying to ? Is the direction the department going positive for officers now and for future officers ?
                    No

Comment

• Can you please elaborate on why

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
                        Can you please elaborate on why
                        Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but on MPR I believe they said they are lowering the standards for BPD... specifically the marijuana use restriction. They are changing it to allow those who have not smoked marijuana within the past 3 years to become police officers. Not a very positive direction for officers or citizens I think...

Comment

• Originally posted by oef_vet View Post

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but on MPR I believe they said they are lowering the standards for BPD... specifically the marijuana use restriction. They are changing it to allow those who have not smoked marijuana within the past 3 years to become police officers. Not a very positive direction for officers or citizens I think...
                          I have to agree with you, when I went in for my polygraph the polygrapher told me you can smoke marijuana up to 30 times and have done cocaine 5 times. I was shocked that they would make requirements that forgiving and still be allowed to become a police officer. On that note I just had my physical and psych yesterday so now I'm waiting to hear back.
                          Last edited by age7215; 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4716 users online. 266 members and 4450 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X