300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PHA357 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm going through the process of becoming a Baltimore Police Officer. I had question for everyone who's going through or gone through all the steps. I took the civil service test in December 2016, Physical Agility test January 2017, Interviewed with, and submitted my documents to my BI and did my Polygraph test February 2017. I submitted everything that involves my background investigation March 9th 2017. I recently spoke with my BI and he told he submitted my file up the chain of command. My question is, how long does it normally take, or did it take for you to hear back to see if your background investigation was approved or not?
    Well, I will tell you this all of us have been in the process for a minute now I took my Physical in Nov had my interview and Polygraph in Jan haven't heard anything else back since then. I know I pass my polygraph because I wouldn't even have sat down with my BI about the next steps. My references were also sent and return in Feb. I don't know the length of there process because two many people are saying it has been taking a while to hear something back I hope you applied to other departments because I don't think you should hold your breath with Baltimore right now. Maybe you might pass all of us who knows. I have friend that started the process way before me and is where I am at now. I have a friend who is a detective is ask me about the process and I told him whats up and he will check with his connects to see whats going on.

He said they took people from his unit to help out. So, it should have been going pretty fast, they are complaining how they don't have enough officers on patrol or even enough applying an passing the written and physicals so i don't know. But I wish you the best luck. and if I get some info I will sure share it.
    Last edited by jayrcep; 03-26-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Questions after the written exam , do they schedule you for the physical exam. I was told I would receive a letter and still waiting for the letter to attend the physical exam. Do they give you a form got take to your doctor before participating in the physical exam ?

Thank you
      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Questions after the written exam , do they schedule you for the physical exam. I was told I would receive a letter and still waiting for the letter to attend the physical exam. Do they give you a form got take to your doctor before participating in the physical exam ?

After I took my written exam, they gave me a date on the spot for the next agility test. Plus, they didn't give me a form to give to a doctor. They just told me to show up to the test with my application.

Comment

• My BI submitted my file to his supervisors about 3 weeks ago to see if my background investigation was approved or not so I could move onto the Psych and medical evaluation. Anyone know how long it takes for them to let you know if your background file was approved or not???

Comment

Questions after the written exam , do they schedule you for the physical exam. I was told I would receive a letter and still waiting for the letter to attend the physical exam. Do they give you a form got take to your doctor before participating in the physical exam ?

After I took my written exam, they gave me a date on the spot for the next agility test. Plus, they didn't give me a form to give to a doctor. They just told me to show up to the test with my application.
            Thank you so much for the information. The recruiting unit when to my college to give the test and was told I be getting a letter in mail to wait for it and that was already 3 weeks ago.
            Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

My BI submitted my file to his supervisors about 3 weeks ago to see if my background investigation was approved or not so I could move onto the Psych and medical evaluation. Anyone know how long it takes for them to let you know if your background file was approved or not???
              I don't know how it takes but did your BI contact you and tell you that it was submitted or did you ask. Also, how long were you in the background phase when I talk to mines she never said anything about where shes at in my background

Comment

• Please for the love of god stop saying 'mines.'

Comment

• After 3 years I have left BPD and couldn't be happier. To the applicants...do more research than I did. Not just on officer morale, but know WHY that morale is so low.

Comment

• Originally posted by tgynyy View Post
                  please for the love of god stop saying 'mines.'
                  and please for the love of god don't worry about mines worry not the point of this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrcep View Post

and please for the love of god don't worry about mines worry not the point of this thread
                    ....what?

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
                      After 3 years I have left BPD and couldn't be happier. To the applicants...do more research than I did. Not just on officer morale, but know WHY that morale is so low.
                      Thank you for your feedback but beyond ride-a-longs where the officers are naturally being PC & internet, what else can we do? Our BI's don't really communicate & we are largely in the dark. Can you give us something of substance on what we can do as your comment is vague.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post

Thank you for your feedback but beyond ride-a-longs where the officers are naturally being PC & internet, what else can we do? Our BI's don't really communicate & we are largely in the dark. Can you give us something of substance on what we can do as your comment is vague.
                        you can message me any questions you have

Comment

Maybe if you could write in ENGLISH, you would be hired by now. Your inability to speak a complete sentence says much about you as a candidate.
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Maybe if you could write in ENGLISH, you would be hired by now. Your inability to speak a complete sentence says much about you as a candidate.
                            First off partner don't act tough behind a keyboard it's not the best look for you. Also, I got my email to attend the last two phases. So, don't worry about my writing skills, what you need to worry is your nonexistent career nd dreams. Partner.

Comment

First off partner don't act tough behind a keyboard it's not the best look for you. Also, I got my email to attend the last two phases. So, don't worry about my writing skills, what you need to worry is your nonexistent career nd dreams. Partner.
                              You do realize, as you are APPLYING for this job, you're arguing with active BPD members right now, right? One of which happens to be on the floor above recruitment right now and knows everybody down there... Hey, applicant, you should probably shut your mouth right about now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12639 users online. 475 members and 12164 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X