Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No News is Good News, Right??!!

Comment

• I was told today I'm the next packet to be assigned an investigator and I'll be getting a phone call very soon...and now I wait lol

Comment

• To all get hired in the near future,
        I am still looking to fill one (possibly two) rooms in my house. $500/mo for rent, 10 min from academy. If interested, email [email protected]

Comment

• CopQuestions8
          CopQuestions8 commented
          Editing a comment
          What part of Maryland is the academy located?

• depending on if I get hired I might do the $500, I have a place in NJ so I would be going home on weekends

Comment

• age7215 , email me so we can keep correspondence that way

Comment

• Still no news, so that's good for now. I've heard that they don't have a date for the next class yet and I've also heard that they do for the end of March or early April. So who knows ...

Comment

• Is the department worth applying to? Already took and passed the civil service exam.

Comment

• So I am guessing no one has any updates about there status any status at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
                Is the department worth applying to? Already took and passed the civil service exam.
                Any department you believe you will fit great in is worth apply for this process is taking a long time and dont really know why.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrcep View Post
                  So I am guessing no one has any updates about there status any status at all
                  Completed the entire process by the end of Nov 2016 & still no news at all - BI doesn't respond to email/phone. Come May, I'm at the 12 month mark & would have to do the entire process over... So I've moved on & applying with other departments. Hopefully others will have better luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post

Completed the entire process by the end of Nov 2016 & still no news at all - BI doesn't respond to email/phone. Come May, I'm at the 12 month mark & would have to do the entire process over... So I've moved on & applying with other departments. Hopefully others will have better luck.
                    To be honest man, I am with you on moving to other departments. I am really over BPD if they call they call, but in my mind I probably be with a department by that time. It shouldn't be taking this long to even something back. A Hello would be acceptable. lol...... But I applied to other departments in Maryland and going thru them as we speak so hopefully I get somewhere with them.

Also, in your case have you spoken to anyone at the front desk about your situation. Have you explain to them that you have been waiting to hear something back and you can't get in contact with your investigator about the process. If so, what did they say just curious.

Comment

• CopQuestions8
                      CopQuestions8 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do other departments hold it against you if you continuously apply to other departments?

• Originally posted by jayrcep View Post

To be honest man, I am with you on moving to other departments. I am really over BPD if they call they call, but in my mind I probably be with a department by that time. It shouldn't be taking this long to even something back. A Hello would be acceptable. lol...... But I applied to other departments in Maryland and going thru them as we speak so hopefully I get somewhere with them.

Also, in your case have you spoken to anyone at the front desk about your situation. Have you explain to them that you have been waiting to hear something back and you can't get in contact with your investigator about the process. If so, what did they say just curious.
                    Yes, I've called & emailed multiple times & no reply from BI. I called the main line & explained & they say I need to speak with BI. They wouldn't help me in any way. They just said I have to talk with my BI. I applied in May 2016 and I believe applications are only good for 12 months. So, if I'm not picked up by May, I would have to start over.

I actually thought I was out of process due to failing the spirometry test (breathing test) during the pre-hire physical but I interviewed for a civilian position with the department & at that time they informed me that I'm still in process. I still don't know exactly where I stand with them but I do view it as a red flag that universally so many people are having issues prior to hire with something so basic & simple as an email or phone call. It's really not that hard or time consuming to send an email saying "Hey, we haven't forgotten" or even "You suck, go away!" lol !

But I'm not sitting around waiting on them to call & I hope you aren't either. I'm in process for all sorts of stuff from becoming a background investigator to 911 dispatch to PO with other departments. Lots of options beyond BPD. I just really wanted to be sworn & at a big department so I could get off patrol & into a specialty unit fairly quickly as well as more promotional opportunities. Oh well!

Good luck though! I hope this works out for you.

Comment

• Hey guys,
                      Just a couple of questions.

1) can someone explain the scheduling to me? I know its four 10 hour shifts a week. Are the days set? Do you rotate weekends? What are the shifts?

2) whats the pay while you are in the academy?

Thanks!

Comment

• Took the civil services exam and pass , was told by the recruiter that a letter will sent to me with further information, but that was almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything. I was under the impression they need a lot of people and process was going be fast.
                        Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm going through the process of becoming a Baltimore Police Officer. I had question for everyone who's going through or gone through all the steps. I took the civil service test in December 2016, Physical Agility test January 2017, Interviewed with, and submitted my documents to my BI and did my Polygraph test February 2017. I submitted everything that involves my background investigation March 9th 2017. I recently spoke with my BI and he told he submitted my file up the chain of command. My question is, how long does it normally take, or did it take for you to hear back to see if your background investigation was approved or not?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8835 users online. 469 members and 8366 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X