Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Medical and psych in the books. Now its time to wait some more

    Comment


    • Does anyone here know the next dates Baltimore PD is doing the expedited out of state process?? Do they still do that anymore? I can't seem to get a answer from recruitment...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jameson5150 View Post
        Medical and psych in the books. Now its time to wait some more

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jameson5150 View Post
          Medical and psych in the books. Now its time to wait some more
          Congrats! Bro what was the medical like you can PM if you like

          Comment


          • Good Morning All,

            Im sure this has been asked and im sure there has been hundreds of replies, but Im pretty anxious for the next few steps.

            In short, I did the expedited process in July (9-10, 2016)
            Finally got a phone call for a background interview Feb 8, clarified on certain questions from the Background Packet, gave my BI access to social Media, etc.

            Passed my Poly on Feb 14, 2017. And now I suppose I am waiting for confirmation for the next steps in the Hiring Process.

            Ive asked several friends and fellow National guardsman who are in Law Enforcement and they all say that after passing the Polygraph and having military experience should make me a great fit and shouldnt run into any issues moving forward.

            Would love to have input from fellow Forum Members, especially since We are all going through the same process and will be in Academy together!

            Thanks guys!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sandhampd13 View Post
              Does anyone here know the next dates Baltimore PD is doing the expedited out of state process?? Do they still do that anymore? I can't seem to get a answer from recruitment...

              I know they still do the expedited process. The last one I knew about was in July 16'. Your best bet on finding the next date, would be on the recruitment site. Hopefully this helps

              Comment


              • Originally posted by WML313 View Post


                I know they still do the expedited process. The last one I knew about was in July 16'. Your best bet on finding the next date, would be on the recruitment site. Hopefully this helps
                I have been checking the recruitment website often to see but there has not been any postings... just the normal come take the civil service test. I also tried calling recruitment directly and I get no one on the other line and no one returns my calls.. I gotta see if I can call again and get someone.. thank you though for the feedback and at least letting me know they still do the expedited! Appreciate your help.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sandhampd13 View Post

                  I have been checking the recruitment website often to see but there has not been any postings... just the normal come take the civil service test. I also tried calling recruitment directly and I get no one on the other line and no one returns my calls.. I gotta see if I can call again and get someone.. thank you though for the feedback and at least letting me know they still do the expedited! Appreciate your help.

                  No problem. I check the website from time to time, so i will keep my eyes open. Updates to follow

                  Comment


                  • BPD Academy is 48 weeks now instead of 26... how many of you still wanna apply?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Johnn View Post
                      BPD Academy is 48 weeks now instead of 26... how many of you still wanna apply?
                      I wouldn't mind that at all, too much training has never killed anyone. Lack of training has...I'd prefer my backup to be well trained as opposed to not being trained enough.

                      Comment


                      • How are you guys coming in your process? It's been almost two weeks since my psych and a week and a half since my medical. Just waiting on that final call

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Johnn View Post
                          BPD Academy is 48 weeks now instead of 26... how many of you still wanna apply?
                          If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that information from?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jameson5150 View Post
                            How are you guys coming in your process? It's been almost two weeks since my psych and a week and a half since my medical. Just waiting on that final call
                            How from your polygraph it took to get psych and medical. I did everything none of my friends nor job got a call about the me in the process its been a little over a month now. Do they have to get it approve by their supervisor first before proceeding?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WML313 View Post
                              Good Morning All,

                              Im sure this has been asked and im sure there has been hundreds of replies, but Im pretty anxious for the next few steps.

                              In short, I did the expedited process in July (9-10, 2016)
                              Finally got a phone call for a background interview Feb 8, clarified on certain questions from the Background Packet, gave my BI access to social Media, etc.

                              Passed my Poly on Feb 14, 2017. And now I suppose I am waiting for confirmation for the next steps in the Hiring Process.

                              Ive asked several friends and fellow National guardsman who are in Law Enforcement and they all say that after passing the Polygraph and having military experience should make me a great fit and shouldnt run into any issues moving forward.

                              Would love to have input from fellow Forum Members, especially since We are all going through the same process and will be in Academy together!

                              Thanks guys!!

                              What Guard are you in? also, it seems to me they are moving when they want to. None of peoples nor job got a call so I don't know whats going on i am waiting for my psych and medical. Let me know if you hear anything cause I did my stuff back in Jan.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jayrcep View Post

                                How from your polygraph it took to get psych and medical. I did everything none of my friends nor job got a call about the me in the process its been a little over a month now. Do they have to get it approve by their supervisor first before proceeding?
                                It took about 3 and a half months from poly to psych and medical, for me. There are others here that have processed much faster.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6635 users online. 336 members and 6299 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X