Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you get disqualified do you get a letter stating you're out or do they just stop communicating? I did everything including the written, agility, background, poly, psych & physical - but during my physical I failed the spirometry test (breath into a tube). I had low O2 levels. I also have asthma. The doctor told me that it put me on a 10 day hold with a DQ unless my doc sends over records showing my asthma is a non-issue. However, while I haven't had an asthma emergency in over 15 years, this past year I did go to the doc 3 times for asthmas as they adjusted my meds. So, I don't know what exactly my medical records say but I know my primary doc did send them over. However, ever since my detective (and everyone else with BPD who I've tried) hasn't responded to a single email, phone call & no communication of any kind. It's been almost 2 months (ish). I also haven't received a letter or email saying I'm out. Other departments are recruiting & I don't want to waist my time applying if I'm DQ everywhere for some reason. Will then send me a letter telling me I'm out so I know? And since this is a bit correctable, if my condition improves, can I re-apply again or apply elsewhere? or would I be DQ permanently ? I was so close & now nothing. Any tips or suggestions?
    Last edited by Dnash; 01-10-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Are you on medication for your asthma? I was diagnosed with Asthma and am wondering the same thing, if it would be a DQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kchoi8 View Post
        Are you on medication for your asthma? I was diagnosed with Asthma and am wondering the same thing, if it would be a DQ.
        Yes, I am on asthma meds. However, asthma is not an automatic disqualifier. I failed the spirometry test during my pre-hire physical. That, combined with my having asthma was the reason the doc said 10 days with DQ unless my primary doctor sends over records. My primary doctor did send over records & I have not heard back. I'm trying to figure out if I'm still in the system or I am out as it's been 2 months & no word. I was under the impression they send you a rejection letter but no news either way. So, before I go through this entire process with another agency, I would like to know if I'm DQ as I don't want to waist my time. If you are DQ for BPD, you will probably be DQ every where. As for just having asthma, that's not a big deal as long as it's well controlled.

Comment

• has anyone been assigned a background investigator recently? They told me they were trying to get more investigators and they would reach out to me as soon as I'm assigned one. just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Comment

• Everyone needs to stop freaking out about the BPD hiring process. You forget that the BPD and all other police agencies are government agencies, meaning they move when high up government officials instruct them to move. If there's an issue with funding or budgetary constraints, that will most likely cause the hiring process to slow down dramatically. Trust and believe, the BPD would love to hire people at lightning fast speeds because they need people BAD, but staffing issues and budget issues prevent a quick hiring process from happening.

What I will say is for those who keep asking the same questions over and over again that has been answered on this forum before, to me honestly, you're showing everyone you're not fit to be a police officer. You can't even do something as basic as to conduct a little research on the question you need answered. I don't care if it's 800 pages of information. If its something your serious about knowing, you'll take the time and look thru all 800 pages for the answer.

If you haven't heard anything back, you sit back and relax. I put an application in with Homeland Security Investigations as an 1811 and I put the application in back in June of 2015. HSI JUST emailed me back in August of 2016 to take a test with them. I never emailed them nor called their HR officials.

To be honest with you, if you're so anxious to become a police officer, I recommend everyone to seek employment with a security company that provides security services to housing projects in the Baltimore City area. If you can survive that, it'll be a great prerequisite to become a police officer. That will show if you're really cut out to be an officer. If you're having issues with that job, you better learn from your mistakes and correct those issues quick before you start the academy. Being a police officer isn't as simple as what it used to be back in the day. It takes much more to be a police officer now and a great deal of it has to do with using your brain.
            *If the first questions you're asking is which weapon you'll be issued, what type of cruisers do they have, or if you can patrol with a local police dept, the job isn't for you because clearly that's all that you care about.*

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post

Yes, I am on asthma meds. However, asthma is not an automatic disqualifier. I failed the spirometry test during my pre-hire physical. That, combined with my having asthma was the reason the doc said 10 days with DQ unless my primary doctor sends over records. My primary doctor did send over records & I have not heard back. I'm trying to figure out if I'm still in the system or I am out as it's been 2 months & no word. I was under the impression they send you a rejection letter but no news either way. So, before I go through this entire process with another agency, I would like to know if I'm DQ as I don't want to waist my time. If you are DQ for BPD, you will probably be DQ every where. As for just having asthma, that's not a big deal as long as it's well controlled.

What all did the physical consist of?

Comment

• Would someone be eligible for sworn position within this agency if they received a DWI PBJ in the past? No other criminal record except that and no conviction of DWI. Would they be able to look past that if other things are presented like resume and great references are shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulPlatoon View Post
                  Would someone be eligible for sworn position within this agency if they received a DWI PBJ in the past? No other criminal record except that and no conviction of DWI. Would they be able to look past that if other things are presented like resume and great references are shown.
                  Best advice is to apply and see. You can also call the recruiting number listed on the recruiting website. Google and give them a call if you don't want to apply first. I would honestly just apply and see but everyone is different

Comment

• I've applied to BPD, and it's a waiting game. I would just wait, or if you can't wait, I would say go to NYPD and try a different larger pd.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEACH View Post

What all did the physical consist of?
                      My physical included vital signs, hearing, vision, spirometer, urinalysis, doctor screening, basic mobility (such touch toes, twist, etc...) and medical history. It was pretty basic- nothing new or unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulPlatoon View Post
                        Would someone be eligible for sworn position within this agency if they received a DWI PBJ in the past? No other criminal record except that and no conviction of DWI. Would they be able to look past that if other things are presented like resume and great references are shown.
                        Yes you can with a DWI IF enough time has past and you otherwise have a clean record & background. Just be honest about it.

Comment

• Any of you have any experience/advice with neighborhood reference checks? BI called yesterday and said she was waiting for these to get turned in in order to move forward with psyc/physical. I gave them to my neighbors months ago. Should i politely ask them if theyve sent it in or just get two different neighbors? I am fairly certain that my neighbors have already mailed the forms in but I dont want to suggest to my BI that she may have misplaced them. Has anyone ever had issues with getting these forms back in?

Comment

• Originally posted by jameson5150 View Post
                            Any of you have any experience/advice with neighborhood reference checks? BI called yesterday and said she was waiting for these to get turned in in order to move forward with psyc/physical. I gave them to my neighbors months ago. Should i politely ask them if theyve sent it in or just get two different neighbors? I am fairly certain that my neighbors have already mailed the forms in but I dont want to suggest to my BI that she may have misplaced them. Has anyone ever had issues with getting these forms back in?
                            I had 2 personal references scan & email their reference check paperwork in & my BI said he didn't get them either - but they forwarded me the email so I know they sent it in - I didn't call my BI out on it though - paperwork gets lost, emails get missed, accidently deleted/sent to spam, faxed get tossed - it shouldn't happen but it does - I would ask both your old neighbors to resend them as well as ask 2 new neighbors to send them in just to ensure all your bases are covered. I think I asked 6 neighbors just to cover all my bases in case 1 or 2 didn't send it in. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post

My physical included vital signs, hearing, vision, spirometer, urinalysis, doctor screening, basic mobility (such touch toes, twist, etc...) and medical history. It was pretty basic- nothing new or unexpected.
                              Did you bring your own medical history records or is it something they can pull up?

Comment

• Things seem to be moving quickly now. Just got word that my packet would be submitted for final review once my neighborhood references got back to the BI. How are folks at a similar stage as I am moving along?
                                Last edited by jameson5150; 01-26-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6259 users online. 227 members and 6032 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X