Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I passed my poly and my BI informed me last week that he will be starting my background investigation and if I don't hear anything back from him in 2 weeks, to give him a call. On average, how long have any of you waited for your investigation to finish and proceed to the psych/medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan13157 View Post
      So I passed my poly and my BI informed me last week that he will be starting my background investigation and if I don't hear anything back from him in 2 weeks, to give him a call. On average, how long have any of you waited for your investigation to finish and proceed to the psych/medical?
      Hey I'm still waiting to do my psych and medical haven't heard from my BI since September 11th I emailed my BI to I'm thinking I should
      call soon been 6 weeks since I heard anything praying I make it through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamesblake View Post

Hey I'm still waiting to do my psych and medical haven't heard from my BI since September 11th I emailed my BI to I'm thinking I should
        call soon been 6 weeks since I heard anything praying I make it through.

I believe as long as you don't get a letter in the mail from BPD, you'll be in the clear to advance. Plus, they have to complete your background before they can even continue your process or deny you. Your BI is probably just backed up on applicants and will get around to finishing you soon enough. I would call to get an update though.

Comment

• I called my BI today to follow up on my background process. He informed me that he sent my paperwork to the supervisor to determine if I am to be processed further and to call him back in 2 weeks for an answer. Does that mean he already did my background and just awaiting approval to move to the medical/psych?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan13157 View Post
            I called my BI today to follow up on my background process. He informed me that he sent my paperwork to the supervisor to determine if I am to be processed further and to call him back in 2 weeks for an answer. Does that mean he already did my background and just awaiting approval to move to the medical/psych?

Comment

• You are calling your BI wayyyyyy to much if they need you they will contact you it takes at least 3months to run a background yours was just started last month. He's probably getting tired of you calling him in this business it's called "hurry up and wait" that's what you need to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEACH View Post
                You are calling your BI wayyyyyy to much if they need you they will contact you it takes at least 3months to run a background yours was just started last month. He's probably getting tired of you calling him in this business it's called "hurry up and wait" that's what you need to do.

Call too much? I had only contacted him once since my poly/Background interview only because he had told me to do so if I hadn't heard anything from him in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Took Polygraph and interview. Just waiting now.

Comment

• I was wondering if someone could tell me if I should have an okay shot at getting hired. Here is a few things about me. I have a completely clean record and zero past drug abuse or alcohol use. Along with good credit/perfect driving record. The thing I'm worried about is I don't have a college degree and have limited work history. I've been at my current job for 6 months. My past job was 2 months seasonal, and before that I was self employed not making that much money due to personal issues (family member sick). I'm just wondering If I would have a fair chance with my limited work history/no degree. Also fluent in Spanish.
                    Last edited by Trix1179; 12-19-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• All I can say is to just apply, I am in the process now. I have excellent credit, my driving record is pretty clean minus a few speeding tickets years ago and I have very minimal drug use. smoked Marijuana 3 times when I was 16. I also don't have a degree. All you can do is apply and hope you get hired.

Comment

• The BPD doesn't require a degree. It helps, but it's not a necessity.

Comment

• Are they still hiring ?

Comment

• They have 200 vacancies, I'm sure they're still giving out tests and scheduling pt dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
                              Are they still hiring ?
                              They will be hiring for a while I believe. Spoke to one of the Major's there when I was down doing my poly test. He informed me that every year, they lose about 250-280 officers due to either switching to other departments or just quitting LE all together. They hire about 200-220 a year to attempt to keep up from their retention rate. As long as you can pass all the tests, they will hire you.

Comment

• How is the department doing since the trials ? Any better ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9554 users online. 256 members and 9298 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X