Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnn Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. What are the 10 Codes? Is there a link or something you can share so I can begin studying as I'm unfamiliar with them. Any chance you can PM the month of your academy start date? I understand you can't give a date but if you can PM the month it would help. I know I'm at the tail end & provided I pass medical & psych, I could start soon or it could be months away - my family & I are just trying to figure out the holidays/vacation & I'm in EMT class and I have to schedule my ride-a-longs. If you can't, no worries. It would just help if I knew it could be in December or after the New Year. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnn View Post

90% of the hires I see have no degree
      They told me immediately after the poly that I passed it and would be starting my background. My background took about 3 1/2 months and it was crickets pretty much the entire time until the very end when the Detective called a few times. I just got word that I've passed the background & approved to move forward with medical & psych. I originally did the expedited back in July so it's been about 5 months thus far and I'm still not done. I do medical this week and psych next week. After that, I have no clue what happens or how things go moving forward. From what I understand, I could start the next Academy class but I don't know when that is or I could be waiting for months for a class to start. So, who knows. But Stick with it. You're patience will pay off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post
        Johnn Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. What are the 10 Codes? Is there a link or something you can share so I can begin studying as I'm unfamiliar with them. Any chance you can PM the month of your academy start date? I understand you can't give a date but if you can PM the month it would help. I know I'm at the tail end & provided I pass medical & psych, I could start soon or it could be months away - my family & I are just trying to figure out the holidays/vacation & I'm in EMT class and I have to schedule my ride-a-longs. If you can't, no worries. It would just help if I knew it could be in December or after the New Year. Thanks!
        pm'ed you

Comment

• Going into my polygraph on Tuesday. How many questions, roughly, would you say they ask you during this test?

Comment

• Is there anyone else that hasn't been emailed back yet from the may agility test? It's been 6 months and I still haven't heard anything. when I call they say they are waiting to assign me a BI but 6 months and hearing nothing seems a bit long to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post
              A few questions for those who may know...

I got word I am approved to move forward and I am now scheduled for psych on the 21st & medical physical on the 17th.... I have already done the written/agility/background interview/poly/background investigation... So I believe these are the last 2 steps before hire... Is that correct? or am I missing something else?

The lady on the phone for psych called me a "pre-hire" but the detective didn't say anything of that sort. Does this mean anything or was it just a misunderstanding of words? I'm assuming it means nothing but figured I'd inquire to be sure.

What do they do in the psych & medical? I was given no direction such as fasting or information on test will be given, etc... So any suggestions on that portion of the process are appreciated.

Lastly, when I asked if they had an ET on when the next academy would begin he said he didn't know... Does anyone have any kind of clue when the next academy will begin? Will it be this year in December or not until the new year? I am currently looking for another job as I need to pay bills plus I'm an EMT student with testing/ride-a-longs plus the holidays so I'm trying to plan out life/schedules/holidays/vacation/kids, etc... Does anyone have any kind of clue or even an educated guess?

Thanks!
              How long after you poly was your pysch/medical scheduled?
              and did your BI reach out to you anytime after the Poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan13157 View Post
                Going into my polygraph on Tuesday. How many questions, roughly, would you say they ask you during this test?
                Don't research your poly at all, it's not allowed, they will ask you before you start the test

Comment

Don't research your poly at all, it's not allowed, they will ask you before you start the test

Thank you

Comment

Thank you
                    You can research it but it might make you more paranoid. They ask you if you have looked up ways to "beat" it and use countermeasures. There are some well written articles out there about the use and validity of polygraphs though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpatt92 View Post

You can research it but it might make you more paranoid. They ask you if you have looked up ways to "beat" it and use countermeasures. There are some well written articles out there about the use and validity of polygraphs though.
                      I've never looked up ways to beat the system or use countermeasures, but I have read articles on common police polygraph questions and articles about just being truthful when being tested. That wouldn't be considered trying to "beat" the system, would it?

Comment

• How long does it take for them to let you know if you're accepted in the academy or not after you have completed the psych and medical?
                        Last edited by Lifesgreat; 11-28-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I've never looked up ways to beat the system or use countermeasures, but I have read articles on common police polygraph questions and articles about just being truthful when being tested. That wouldn't be considered trying to "beat" the system, would it?

No you will be fine. Just be honest, yourself, and follow directions. Every examiner is different and I've had different experiences with all 6 of the polygraph exams I've taken.

Comment

pm'ed you
                            I sent you a pm

Comment

• Still have two rooms to rent in Pikesville, near Old Court/Scotts Level. Location is 10 min from academy. Newly renovated house with new kitchen appliances, windows, carpet, etc. Price is reasonable. Reply to this or email me at [email protected] if interested.

Comment

• Anyone looking for a room to rent for the academy, let me know. I have a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath townhouse. Looking to rent a room.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11535 users online. 280 members and 11255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X