Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes I can confirm that. I took my agility test may 15th and I'm still waiting for my interview

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan13157 View Post

Can anyone else confirm this?
      I did the expedited testing July 9th-10th and am local and was not contacted by a background investigator until 2 weeks ago

Comment

• I have passed my agility
        Passed my written
        Took my poly October 11th wasn't told if I passed or failed I'm not sure what to think can anyone help....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamesblake View Post
          I have passed my agility
          Passed my written
          Took my poly October 11th wasn't told if I passed or failed I'm not sure what to think can anyone help....
          If you have not gotten a DQ letter, I would say you are safe. You can always call your BI and ask.
          Last edited by jjpatt92; 11-05-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Just curious does anyone know when the next academy date is ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Poly21218 View Post
              Got my academy date! got the call yesterday.
              How long after you passed the poly was you told to take the psych/medical

Comment

• Out of curiousity, when you guys had to fill out the sworn background packet before you met with the BI, there were some things you had to admit to that you're not too proud of, right? I've been answering these questions and some things they ask, I had to put down yes due to things that I've done in my teenage years. For example, Although they tend to overlook something like shoplifting something small before you're 18 years old, still makes me feel like crap.

Comment

• A few questions for those who may know...

I got word I am approved to move forward and I am now scheduled for psych on the 21st & medical physical on the 17th.... I have already done the written/agility/background interview/poly/background investigation... So I believe these are the last 2 steps before hire... Is that correct? or am I missing something else?

The lady on the phone for psych called me a "pre-hire" but the detective didn't say anything of that sort. Does this mean anything or was it just a misunderstanding of words? I'm assuming it means nothing but figured I'd inquire to be sure.

What do they do in the psych & medical? I was given no direction such as fasting or information on test will be given, etc... So any suggestions on that portion of the process are appreciated.

Lastly, when I asked if they had an ET on when the next academy would begin he said he didn't know... Does anyone have any kind of clue when the next academy will begin? Will it be this year in December or not until the new year? I am currently looking for another job as I need to pay bills plus I'm an EMT student with testing/ride-a-longs plus the holidays so I'm trying to plan out life/schedules/holidays/vacation/kids, etc... Does anyone have any kind of clue or even an educated guess?

Thanks!

Comment

• Poly21218 - What is your academy start date? I have done everything except medical/psych which I do on the 17th & 21st of this month. I know I still have to pass those final steps but I'm at the end of the process. I know I might not be in your class but just trying to see. If you don't want to post date publicly you can PM me. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post
                      A few questions for those who may know...

I got word I am approved to move forward and I am now scheduled for psych on the 21st & medical physical on the 17th.... I have already done the written/agility/background interview/poly/background investigation... So I believe these are the last 2 steps before hire... Is that correct? or am I missing something else?

The lady on the phone for psych called me a "pre-hire" but the detective didn't say anything of that sort. Does this mean anything or was it just a misunderstanding of words? I'm assuming it means nothing but figured I'd inquire to be sure.

What do they do in the psych & medical? I was given no direction such as fasting or information on test will be given, etc... So any suggestions on that portion of the process are appreciated.

Lastly, when I asked if they had an ET on when the next academy would begin he said he didn't know... Does anyone have any kind of clue when the next academy will begin? Will it be this year in December or not until the new year? I am currently looking for another job as I need to pay bills plus I'm an EMT student with testing/ride-a-longs plus the holidays so I'm trying to plan out life/schedules/holidays/vacation/kids, etc... Does anyone have any kind of clue or even an educated guess?

Thanks!

I'll try to help you out without giving exact dates because that isn't allowed on public forums such as this. You aren't a prehire until you actually show up to the HQ and get a id card, if your dates are November there is a good chance you will be in our class which is coming up soon. Drink lots of water for your medical since the first thing they do is a urinalysis. The psych is just taking tests and doing a one on one with a counselor. (Find parking ahead of time and plan for that because if you park there it cost 40$ because they share it with the aquarium).

Edit: Also, the best advice I can give you is study the 10 codes over and over, and what I mean by study is being able to know the codes and the correct spelling/verbiage of each one. If you do make our class date make sure to pm me and I'll add you to our group text
                      Last edited by Johnn; 11-12-2016, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, I have a few questions. How important is it to get a college degree to be accepted into BPD? I'm currently working on finishing my associates, but I heard a lot of people having trouble being accepted with a bachelors. I've heard of cases of BPD being not that competitive, so I'm not sure what to believe. Do I absolutely need at least a associates to be remotely competitive or could I just try applying now without it? I have zero criminal history or traffic violations and zero drug abuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Izzy5284 View Post
                          Hey guys, I have a few questions. How important is it to get a college degree to be accepted into BPD? I'm currently working on finishing my associates, but I heard a lot of people having trouble being accepted with a bachelors. I've heard of cases of BPD being not that competitive, so I'm not sure what to believe. Do I absolutely need at least a associates to be remotely competitive or could I just try applying now without it? I have zero criminal history or traffic violations and zero drug abuse.
                          90% of the hires I see have no degree

Comment

• I'm still hoping to hear something back soon, it's been 6 months since I did my agility test and still haven't heard a peep. I've called and they said they are working on assigning me a BI. I just hope I hear something soon so I can keep moving forward with the process. when they did contact you guys again was it a phone call or an email when they assigned you the BI?

Comment

• Originally posted by age7215 View Post
                              I'm still hoping to hear something back soon, it's been 6 months since I did my agility test and still haven't heard a peep. I've called and they said they are working on assigning me a BI. I just hope I hear something soon so I can keep moving forward with the process. when they did contact you guys again was it a phone call or an email when they assigned you the BI?

Email was how I received it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dnash View Post
                                A few questions for those who may know...

Thanks!
                                Glad to see folks are moving along. Had my poly last month. Hoping I get the call for the 2 P's at some point soon but I doubt it as none of my Personal references have received emails or phone calls. What was the length of this process for you, from Poly to your current status?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12366 users online. 232 members and 12134 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X