Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as far as i know, is yearly cost of living increases. i dont think its set in stone. this year was a 5%, id imagine that 5% is the average yearly increase.

Comment

• What is the cost of living around this area? I looked at some real-estate on craigslist and it is looking pretty expensive. I would have a 4 year degree, I think I read there is a pay increase for this, and my fiancé would be going to U Md law so I would have the only real income. I would prefer not to but I’m open to commuting half an hour to an hour or so, not much more as I wouldn’t want my fiancé to worry about getting to school. Any suggestions on areas I should look for reasonable housing? Not looking for stellar accommodations, hell I have been living in campus housing and crappy apartments that college kids rent for the last 4 years lol.

Thanks

Comment

• check out livebaltimore.com. there are good perks offered to BPD officers. buying, you can get something anywhere from 200-400 depending on where you are comfortable living. 200range for the outskirts on baltimore city, increasing to 400 as you move into better areas. check out that site though.

Comment

• So where dont I want to live?

Comment

• In the city, NOWHERE!!!

Comment

• I know some nice apartments over on Bond and Eager St., there is also a carryout on the corner on broadway that stays open till 3am, the owner is a chinese fella name "J" which he serves everyone behind a thick shield of plexi glass and keeps an unregistered 9mm behind the counter. He keeps his video cam up but it seems to come up missing whenever a shooting or stabbing happens in there. Charm City Baby, if I tell em, they will never believe me!
              "In all the world, man is the only creature that has taught itself to argue."

Comment

• federal hill and canton are nice areas. the dundalk area isnt too bad. you can basically tell the nicer areas by the price of the house.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                  federal hill and canton are nice areas. the dundalk area isnt too bad. you can basically tell the nicer areas by the price of the house.

If you have a full set of teeth,are a non-smoker,or don't say hun...they city bylaws prevent you from living in Dundalk
                  Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

• Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                    If you have a full set of teeth,are a non-smoker,or don't say hun...they city bylaws prevent you from living in Dundalk
                    lulz. If you don't mind driving you can check out southern PA. I live in york county which isn't too bad of a drive and the cost of living is cheap as sh*t and a very low crime rate. you'd be pressing it to live in York city but the out skirts are nice and cost for an apt is nothing. two bedroom, one bath with living room, porch, dining area and efficiency kitchen can run as low as 400-500 with some utilities included. PM me if you want anymore info about life up here in pennsyl-tucky.

Comment

• any one else doing the out of state process next weekend?

Comment

• Im not doing it, But if you do it there probably going to try to push you threw the process to get you in the class that starts April 25, so far they have only hired 12 people and they need 50-60

Comment

• I dont graduate until may, so I'd rather hold off until june.

Comment

• I would let them know up front, there next academy class is supposed to start towards the end of june.

Comment

• Originally posted by IAmJeff View Post
                              I dont graduate until may, so I'd rather hold off until june.
                              Go to this Out of state process testing. I can almost guarantee that they will not have you ready by the end of the months Academy. If by chance they would, they would have absolutely no problem holding you off until the next one that will start last Friday of June. As a matter of fact, since I'm witness to it, they will even hold off pre-hiring you to work before the academy until you are done with school. They are very flexible on that. But it will definitely not hurt to go to this upcoming process and getting it done with.

In regards to they only have 12 people or so for this academy starting in three weeks.. That's nothing. I know for my class the week before they said they only had maybe 20. By that first day there were a few over 50 people. For this newest class that started last month, it was the same thing. They and we were told that they only had about 15 a week before they started. they started with like 58 or some crazy number like that their first day. So them having 12 at this point is ahead of the game. They will be fine and I can't wait for them to come because that means the class ahead of me will soon be leaving for Field Training and I will finally be part of the senior class.

Anyways, at the test, good luck. You'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post

In regards to they only have 12 people or so for this academy starting in three weeks.. That's nothing. I know for my class the week before they said they only had maybe 20. By that first day there were a few over 50 people. For this newest class that started last month, it was the same thing. They and we were told that they only had about 15 a week before they started. they started with like 58 or some crazy number like that their first day. So them having 12 at this point is ahead of the game. They will be fine and I can't wait for them to come because that means the class ahead of me will soon be leaving for Field Training and I will finally be part of the senior class.

Anyways, at the test, good luck. You'll be fine.

that is true. i was afraid that our class was going to be postponed because of the few number we had. you also need to factor in school police, sheriffs, annapolis city police, mta police, and some others that use BPD's academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7727 users online. 310 members and 7417 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X