Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info JAS104. How was the process for you & did you attend the 2 day process?
    Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
    I'm also potentially moving from Philly to Baltimore. In my understanding from folks on here and just talking to cops there, areas downtown and inner harbor are ok. Fells point, federal hill, mount Vernon, etc. outside of that most
    Guys I've heard suggest living outside the city in the county. Good luck with the process, I did it a couple months ago.

Comment

• Thanks I will look into these areas.
      Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
      I'd recommend the county. The thing about the city is that you can be in a nice area, walk a few blocks in any direction, and end up in somewhere you will wish you never walked into. This is even true of the Inner Harbor/Downtown area. Try walking west along Fayette St towards Greene St to get to the University of Maryland - Baltimore. You are going to walk through a couple of blocks of sketchy areas before you get there. Unless you have a working knowledge of the city limits, I wouldn't recommend starting off there.

Also, consider that per policy, city officers must be armed at all times when in the city limits. If you live in the city, that means being armed from the moment you exit your front door to the moment you come back in. The reason for this is because the city expects you to respond in on-view situations regardless of whether you are on, or off-duty. I don't know about you guys, but there are some days where I like to not be "Officer Seraphym", and just "Seraphym", like when my wife and I are just wanting to have a good time at a bar/restaurant.

What I wouldn't recommend is commuting from PA to Baltimore until after the academy. Too much can go wrong and while your Sgt or OIC will probably be forgiving about isolated events of being tardy to roll call, the academy instructors will not. Do it once and not only will your instructors consider you the most hated guy of the day, but your class will too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiem10 View Post
        Thanks for the info JAS104. How was the process for you & did you attend the 2 day process?
        Wasn't bad, run of the mill stuff. Day 1 is the physical and written exams and you'll fill some stuff out, day 2 you will meet with an investigator who will go through your background packet with you and clarify anything that's ambiguous, etc. Be on time on day one, and bring something to eat because I was there a while. If you're staying down there for the night the Holiday Inn in E Gay street usually has a couple rooms set aside for police recruitment events that you can get at a discount. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

• Met with my BI today and turned in my Background Packet. Now to wait for approval from the brass.

Comment

• JAS104, How long were you there for the polygraph portion?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheClerv View Post
              JAS104, How long were you there for the polygraph portion?
              My appointment was for 9. By the time I did the exam, spoke to by BI and went over Some packet stuff (photos of tattooes, etc) it was around 12:30. Got something to eat then when back to PA

Comment

• Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
                I did the March. How far along in the process are you? Or are you done
                I'm in the background waiting for the 2 P's...I spoke with my investigator yesterday and was told my background is almost done.

Comment

• Crazy that the expedited sessions is going faster than mine and I started may 2015 (non expedited) well I hope they hurry up still waiting for the 2 P's cause I did everything in one week here in nyc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjoint View Post
                    I'm in the background waiting for the 2 P's...I spoke with my investigator yesterday and was told my background is almost done.
                    Reminds me I need to call mine this week too. My references all sent their forms back for him over the weekend. Thanks lol

Comment

Reminds me I need to call mine this week too. My references all sent their forms back for him over the weekend. Thanks lol
                      Did he go to your jobs or neighborhood?

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverj320 View Post
                        Crazy that the expedited sessions is going faster than mine and I started may 2015 (non expedited) well I hope they hurry up still waiting for the 2 P's cause I did everything in one week here in nyc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        When is the last time you heard from your investigator?

Comment

When is the last time you heard from your investigator?
                          Last week he's now on medical leave

Comment

Did he go to your jobs or neighborhood?
                            Not yet, but then again I'm in Philly so that might mean a delay. I spoke to him today said he has all my docs and he's goin through my stuff now

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverj320 View Post
                              Last week he's now on medical leave
                              How bout my investigator just came back from medical leave last month lol

Comment

Not yet, but then again I'm in Philly so that might mean a delay. I spoke to him today said he has all my docs and he's goin through my stuff now
                                That's why I asked because I'm from philly also.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3733 users online. 218 members and 3515 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X