Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for your input. At this point, I haven't contacted the BI for 3 weeks.. and just checking my mailbox everyday after work. lol Fingers crossed I don't get the thanks but no thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rengifo423 View Post
      Thank you for your input. At this point, I haven't contacted the BI for 3 weeks.. and just checking my mailbox everyday after work. lol Fingers crossed I don't get the thanks but no thanks.
      I'd let it ride for another week then give them a call. Good luck my man

Comment

• I had 2 friends fail the poly without actually lying. One was 24 when he took it and said he hadn't smoked weed since he was 17, which was true, but during the questioning he was thinking of when his long-term ex-girlfriend would smoke regularly in his house. They asked him to explain the rise on the test on that answer, he did, and they didn't buy it. He's since been hired elsewhere.

My other friend failed on the "have you ever stolen anything?" question. He said no, but in his head was thinking "I'm 26, I've HAD to have stolen something before". He failed too and got a job in state corrections in NJ making more money.

Myself, I made it through the whole process and was turned down on final review (for reasons I still don't know). I then got a call 5 months later to see if I was still interested, was in academy 3 months after that, and am now in my 3rd year.

Don't get too upset if your process is slow. I was a full 12 months from testing until academy and that was with expedited testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
          I had 2 friends fail the poly without actually lying. One was 24 when he took it and said he hadn't smoked weed since he was 17, which was true, but during the questioning he was thinking of when his long-term ex-girlfriend would smoke regularly in his house. They asked him to explain the rise on the test on that answer, he did, and they didn't buy it. He's since been hired elsewhere.

My other friend failed on the "have you ever stolen anything?" question. He said no, but in his head was thinking "I'm 26, I've HAD to have stolen something before". He failed too and got a job in state corrections in NJ making more money.

Myself, I made it through the whole process and was turned down on final review (for reasons I still don't know). I then got a call 5 months later to see if I was still interested, was in academy 3 months after that, and am now in my 3rd year.

Don't get too upset if your process is slow. I was a full 12 months from testing until academy and that was with expedited testing.
          What a roller coaster! I'm glad it worked out for you.

Comment

• Ring Ring........ Just got the Call! Going down Tuesday for final processing!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
              Ring Ring........ Just got the Call! Going down Tuesday for final processing!!
              Congrats man! Been over 2 weeks since my poly so I'm waiting on the call for physical and psych

Comment

• Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
                Congrats man! Been over 2 weeks since my poly so I'm waiting on the call for physical and psych
                Thanks man!

Comment

• Hey are yo still in the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by PMandilian View Post
                    yeah I understand all of that. I had everything turned in and completed less than a week after the 2 day. And I know you won't hear about final processing until after the 2 P's. What I'm asking is, what stage in the process are the people who were apart of the November 2 day? Has anyone from the November 2 day gotten past the 2 P's and is on final processing? And is the academy in February for sure or is it just hearsay? Hope this clears up what I'm asking.
                    Are you still in the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mkessba View Post
                      Did anyone here took the expedited exam on November 13/14. If so what u guys are up to?!
                      I was in the Nov expedited process...are u still in the process now? If so what stage are u at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjoint View Post
                        I was in the Nov expedited process...are u still in the process now? If so what stage are u at?
                        I did the March. How far along in the process are you? Or are you done

Comment

• Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
                          I wouldn't dwell on it I only did my physical and psych after my background was complete. Everyone is different their isn't a standard time frame for BPD process. But if you have provided everything for you investigator and your references all reply in a timely manner you should expect a call soon.

Comment

• Hey guys I'm new to forum and would like a little information on the expedited process. I'm coming from PA to the event on May 7th and 8th. Before putting myself through this process , does anyone know of any good areas to live in in Baltimore? I'm coming from Philadelphia (similar to Baltimore) and I would hate to move my family from a bad neighborhood to worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiem10 View Post
                              Hey guys I'm new to forum and would like a little information on the expedited process. I'm coming from PA to the event on May 7th and 8th. Before putting myself through this process , does anyone know of any good areas to live in in Baltimore? I'm coming from Philadelphia (similar to Baltimore) and I would hate to move my family from a bad neighborhood to worst.
                              I'm also potentially moving from Philly to Baltimore. In my understanding from folks on here and just talking to cops there, areas downtown and inner harbor are ok. Fells point, federal hill, mount Vernon, etc. outside of that most
                              Guys I've heard suggest living outside the city in the county. Good luck with the process, I did it a couple months ago.

Comment

• I'd recommend the county. The thing about the city is that you can be in a nice area, walk a few blocks in any direction, and end up in somewhere you will wish you never walked into. This is even true of the Inner Harbor/Downtown area. Try walking west along Fayette St towards Greene St to get to the University of Maryland - Baltimore. You are going to walk through a couple of blocks of sketchy areas before you get there. Unless you have a working knowledge of the city limits, I wouldn't recommend starting off there.

Also, consider that per policy, city officers must be armed at all times when in the city limits. If you live in the city, that means being armed from the moment you exit your front door to the moment you come back in. The reason for this is because the city expects you to respond in on-view situations regardless of whether you are on, or off-duty. I don't know about you guys, but there are some days where I like to not be "Officer Seraphym", and just "Seraphym", like when my wife and I are just wanting to have a good time at a bar/restaurant.

What I wouldn't recommend is commuting from PA to Baltimore until after the academy. Too much can go wrong and while your Sgt or OIC will probably be forgiving about isolated events of being tardy to roll call, the academy instructors will not. Do it once and not only will your instructors consider you the most hated guy of the day, but your class will too.
                                Last edited by Seraphym; 04-19-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3594 users online. 169 members and 3425 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X