300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
    Are you going to work before the academy? Evidence, etc. I guess you're lucky enough to already live near/in Baltimore huh lol

I work there now... And I live in pg county... 30 mins away. What step are you on? Any closer?
    Initial interview. Completed
    Poly. Completed
    Oral board. Completed
    Psychological. Completed
    Medical completed
    "The Call"????

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregory1256 View Post
      I work there now... And I live in pg county... 30 mins away. What step are you on? Any closer?
      Got a call from a buddy of mine today saying my BI called him and he's sending him a form to fill out about me, so i guess that's progress? Guess he's now contacting references. No idea where I'll live if I move down there for the academy lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
        TRUE! I heard that from one of the officer's I was introduced to in the west on my ride along, Baltimore isn't the Suburbs boys.
        How did you set up to go on a ride along?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjoint View Post
          Call the district

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
            That's tight, I was with Robbery and I thought that was cool. Did they actually light you up with the sims?
            No, I did not. I did, however, get hit with two flash bangs when they did their vehicle extraction exercises at Dickman.
            Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
              I remember taking a cat in for a "petty" charge because we got word there was a hit out on him - guess with the new laws he'd be another tally for the year.

Just remember if you make it to the streets; top priority is that you and your shift get home safely every night, regardless of the nonsense. "Don't get captured."
              I have a theory about that and I think they SA's office wants these criminals dead. I cannot count how many of the repeat offenders in my district have ended up dying of acute lead projectile poisoning. Case cleared by exception.

If you do get captured, save the last bullet for yourself. Thanks Ofc Grasso!
              Baltimore, where the police are the perps and the perps are the victims

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 10:48 AM.
                God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjoint View Post
                  Yeah just call where ever you think you want to go. I was originally going to do mine in the north eastern district but one of my buddies that's currently NJSP, that was Baltimore PD hooked me up with one of his buddies that is in the western. Trust me if you’re out of state and think you want to be Baltimore PD do a couple rides especially in the western district. You will know by the end of the ride along if this isn’t for you. I’m from NJ and we have our rough areas around here, but Baltimore is just on a whole different level!!

On a side not my BI just told me to keep my phone next to me and that I should be hearing something soon!

Comment

Yeah just call where ever you think you want to go. I was originally going to do mine in the north eastern district but one of my buddies that's currently NJSP, that was Baltimore PD hooked me up with one of his buddies that is in the western. Trust me if you’re out of state and think you want to be Baltimore PD do a couple rides especially in the western district. You will know by the end of the ride along if this isn’t for you. I’m from NJ and we have our rough areas around here, but Baltimore is just on a whole different level!!

On a side not my BI just told me to keep my phone next to me and that I should be hearing something soon!
                    lucky, my BI never talks to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnn View Post
                      You have no idea bud. But yeah the golden rule in LE is "No news is good news" that's what my B.I told me when we first spoke.

Comment

I'm just going to step in for a moment. If you are interested in this department, just do a ride along. All nine districts have their quirks, their own advantages and disadvantages. Historically speaking, the Western and Eastern district have reputations for being the most violent offenders. To my knowledge, the Western District was the homicide king of 2015. However, I field trained in the NED and it is its own special kind of madness. It's the largest district and, thus, has a reputation as being the most busy at the worst time of year, summer. The call volume can often put Charlie shift out with 40 to 50 calls in the hole at 5 PM. Reread that for a moment, that's not even the most call intense part of the day! Baker and Charlie shift units are often answering 12 to 20 calls in a single shift.

The call volume and the raw size of the district leaves it difficult for anyone to really be proactive. At the NED, they refer to that as being "a slave to the call". Your back-up can, quite literally, be miles away from your location at any given time. I think that makes for a good gauging experience in as much as any other district. Want to see what level of independence you will need to survive? Want to see all sorts of different calls over the course of 10 hours?

Even as a trainee, that district provided its own advantages. Prior to field training, you are given a manual with a checklist of various skills/activities to demonstrate in field training. It isn't necessary that all of it be completed, they cannot guarantee that in 10 weeks. It's simply to be used as a meterstick to determine your ability to apply what you've learned. Three of us field trained in the NED and, of the entire class of 40ish, we were the only ones with anywhere near a majority of that thing completed.

Just do a ride along. Worry about that district thing after you've received your assignments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
                          I'm just going to step in for a moment. If you are interested in this department, just do a ride along. All nine districts have their quirks, their own advantages and disadvantages. Historically speaking, the Western and Eastern district have reputations for being the most violent offenders. To my knowledge, the Western District was the homicide king of 2015. However, I field trained in the NED and it is its own special kind of madness. It's the largest district and, thus, has a reputation as being the most busy at the worst time of year, summer. The call volume can often put Charlie shift out with 40 to 50 calls in the hole at 5 PM. Reread that for a moment, that's not even the most call intense part of the day! Baker and Charlie shift units are often answering 12 to 20 calls in a single shift.

The call volume and the raw size of the district leaves it difficult for anyone to really be proactive. At the NED, they refer to that as being "a slave to the call". Your back-up can, quite literally, be miles away from your location at any given time. I think that makes for a good gauging experience in as much as any other district. Want to see what level of independence you will need to survive? Want to see all sorts of different calls over the course of 10 hours?

Even as a trainee, that district provided its own advantages. Prior to field training, you are given a manual with a checklist of various skills/activities to demonstrate in field training. It isn't necessary that all of it be completed, they cannot guarantee that in 10 weeks. It's simply to be used as a meterstick to determine your ability to apply what you've learned. Three of us field trained in the NED and, of the entire class of 40ish, we were the only ones with anywhere near a majority of that thing completed.

Just do a ride along. Worry about that district thing after you've received your assignments.
                          Completely agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnn View Post
                            Me either, lol. But a buddy of mine called me and said my BI called him and is sending him a form to fill out about me (similar to our neighbor reference forms).

Comment

• That is what I'm starting to hear. I completed my poly a month ago. Prior to all this, my BI was in full constant communication with me. After the poly, haven't heard from BI for a month now. I think poly didn't go too well. Examiner was trying to get me to "confess" but i didn't have anything to say. I was being honest. After, he says I will have to look at this closely. That was a month ago and I have called BI, emailed, left message, no response.

Is this normal?Any takes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rengifo423 View Post
                                That is what I'm starting to hear. I completed my poly a month ago. Prior to all this, my BI was in full constant communication with me. After the poly, haven't heard from BI for a month now. I think poly didn't go too well. Examiner was trying to get me to "confess" but i didn't have anything to say. I was being honest. After, he says I will have to look at this closely. That was a month ago and I have called BI, emailed, left message, no response.

Is this normal?Any takes?
                                I'm not sure about your poly to be honest, my examiner told me then and there that I passed with no issues.. But I feel like they'd have told you if you'd failed too. As for the BI not telling us anything I'm going under the assumption that they're finishing our packets and talking to references / employers, etc. I could be wrong, though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3570 users online. 165 members and 3405 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X