Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
    Guess it takes a special kind of dedication / crazy to stay on BPD. I like a challenge lol. Be careful out there man
    Crazies checking in lol

    Comment


    • Yea I am scheduled to swear in Monday. I had to put in my two weeks.. I heard Bpd was 900 officers short, but don't hold me to that number... I'm not sure.. As for the other questions, I got my final processing call 2 weeks after my psyc eval.... I went down last Thursday and got all my stuff done.... And extra prints done at an place in md. they just implemented that portion Jan 2016.
      Initial interview. Completed
      Poly. Completed
      Oral board. Completed
      Psychological. Completed
      Medical completed
      "The Call"????

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gregory1256 View Post
        Yea I am scheduled to swear in Monday. I had to put in my two weeks.. I heard Bpd was 900 officers short, but don't hold me to that number... I'm not sure.. As for the other questions, I got my final processing call 2 weeks after my psyc eval.... I went down last Thursday and got all my stuff done.... And extra prints done at an place in md. they just implemented that portion Jan 2016.
        That's awesome man, again congrats. How long was it between your poly and your two Ps?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
          We weren't lying to any of you, and neither were the people who were saying this stuff when we were trying to get hired too. This isn't just laterals either, before anyone thinks this is a problem limited to this one department. I can count a number of my coworkers who intend to finish their police careers this year and they've only got a year or two on the job. They aren't just ready to leave the department, they are ready to leave the profession entirely.
          Absolutely, 100% on point.

          Ladies and gentlemen, the Police Commissioner went on television a few days ago and said that he doesn't want members of the Department to make arrests for loitering, trespassing, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest or assault on police. Let that sink in for a moment. The man that all of you here want to come work for went on the news and said that if someone assaults you he doesn't want you to charge them because it would upset the community and there might be a lawsuit. For those of you who think that I am joking or exaggerating, you can watch the broadcast right here at this link:

          http://www.wbaltv.com/news/baltimore...cline/38877594

          Some of you who aren't from Baltimore might being saying to yourselves, "Hey, the Police Commissioner has a point. Loitering, trespassing and disorderly conduct are petty charges. Shouldn't we focus on the big stuff?" The answer to that question is that as a Police Officer you have to deal with all of the conditions on your post, not just violent felonies. Baltimore City has a large number of open air drug markets. When the weather is good, there are often so many addicts, drug dealers and assorted criminals on the sidewalk that normal people can't pass by. These same normal people can't purchase their groceries at what few stores still exist in the City because the stores are filled with dealers and addicts conducting CDS transactions. When these normal people get home they can't get inside their house because drug dealers are on their porch selling or addicts have passed out in front of their door. When and if they do get inside they can't get to sleep because of the screaming, breaking glass, dirt bikes, gunshots and loud music which are present at all hours of the day and night. If you had to live under those conditions, wouldn't you want the Police to vigorously, yet professionally, enforce loitering, trespassing and disorderly conduct laws? Of course you would.

          If you have any other viable employment option other than this agency, I would suggest you take it. There are very serious and very real reasons why we are losing as many Officers as we are.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
            That's awesome man, again congrats. How long was it between your poly and your two Ps?
            3 weeks to a month apart
            Initial interview. Completed
            Poly. Completed
            Oral board. Completed
            Psychological. Completed
            Medical completed
            "The Call"????

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Gregory1256 View Post
              3 weeks to a month apart
              Thanks my man. Been a week and a half so far for me

              Comment


              • Talk to my investigator Friday he stated it might be an academy next month and the supervisor has my packet for the final word I hope I get in been waiting since May 2015


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • ..............
                  Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 11:48 AM.
                  God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
                    Just remember if you make it to the streets; top priority is that and your shift get home safely every night, regardless of the nonsense. "Don't get captured."
                    TRUE! I heard that from one of the officer's I was introduced to in the west on my ride along, Baltimore isn't the Suburbs boys.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post
                      Absolutely, 100% on point.

                      Ladies and gentlemen, the Police Commissioner went on television a few days ago and said that he doesn't want members of the Department to make arrests for loitering, trespassing, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest or assault on police. Let that sink in for a moment. The man that all of you here want to come work for went on the news and said that if someone assaults you he doesn't want you to charge them because it would upset the community and there might be a lawsuit. For those of you who think that I am joking or exaggerating, you can watch the broadcast right here at this link:

                      http://www.wbaltv.com/news/baltimore...cline/38877594

                      Some of you who aren't from Baltimore might being saying to yourselves, "Hey, the Police Commissioner has a point. Loitering, trespassing and disorderly conduct are petty charges. Shouldn't we focus on the big stuff?" The answer to that question is that as a Police Officer you have to deal with all of the conditions on your post, not just violent felonies. Baltimore City has a large number of open air drug markets. When the weather is good, there are often so many addicts, drug dealers and assorted criminals on the sidewalk that normal people can't pass by. These same normal people can't purchase their groceries at what few stores still exist in the City because the stores are filled with dealers and addicts conducting CDS transactions. When these normal people get home they can't get inside their house because drug dealers are on their porch selling or addicts have passed out in front of their door. When and if they do get inside they can't get to sleep because of the screaming, breaking glass, dirt bikes, gunshots and loud music which are present at all hours of the day and night. If you had to live under those conditions, wouldn't you want the Police to vigorously, yet professionally, enforce loitering, trespassing and disorderly conduct laws? Of course you would.

                      If you have any other viable employment option other than this agency, I would suggest you take it. There are very serious and very real reasons why we are losing as many Officers as we are.
                      I couldn't have said it any better. It is very difficult to do our jobs today. This is by far the hardest profession. And we definitely need more bodies on the street badly. It's becoming a huge officer safety concern. Despite all the criminals who hate us out there, just remember there are still good people out there.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Semper Fi 88 View Post
                        I couldn't have said it any better. It is very difficult to do our jobs today. This is by far the hardest profession. And we definitely need more bodies on the street badly. It's becoming a huge officer safety concern. Despite all the criminals who hate us out there, just remember there are still good people out there.
                        As a recruit, I fully understand the dynamic in which was spoken of in this thread. I am new to police but I am not new to the profession. I was an armed officer for two years and worked on the street during the riots as security... The gun isn't what saves you, it's how you speak and approach people. Be vigilant at all times. As others have stated, research must be done before decided on a career in law enforcement.. Work as armed security in crime ridden areas... A few scuffles and few visits to the courts will give you a simi understanding of what to expect.... It's an excellent career if it's in your heart, but if you only seek a job then maybe you should consider all options
                        Initial interview. Completed
                        Poly. Completed
                        Oral board. Completed
                        Psychological. Completed
                        Medical completed
                        "The Call"????

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Gregory1256 View Post
                          As a recruit, I fully understand the dynamic in which was spoken of in this thread. I am new to police but I am not new to the profession. I was an armed officer for two years and worked on the street during the riots as security... The gun isn't what saves you, it's how you speak and approach people. Be vigilant at all times. As others have stated, research must be done before decided on a career in law enforcement.. Work as armed security in crime ridden areas... A few scuffles and few visits to the courts will give you a simi understanding of what to expect.... It's an excellent career if it's in your heart, but if you only seek a job then maybe you should consider all options
                          How's it bein a recruit? Lol. any idea when your academy is going to start?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
                            How's it bein a recruit? Lol. any idea when your academy is going to start?
                            Next month, I enjoy it I really do.. Probably next month
                            Initial interview. Completed
                            Poly. Completed
                            Oral board. Completed
                            Psychological. Completed
                            Medical completed
                            "The Call"????

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gregory1256 View Post
                              Next month, I enjoy it I really do.. Probably next month
                              Are you going to work before the academy? Evidence, etc. I guess you're lucky enough to already live near/in Baltimore huh lol

                              Comment


                              • Anyone else on here finish all steps and waiting for the call?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5370 users online. 330 members and 5040 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X