300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregory1256 View Post
    Awesome, I go for final processing tomorrow........
    Congratulations.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
      Congratulations.
      Thank you sir
      Initial interview. Completed
      Poly. Completed
      Oral board. Completed
      Psychological. Completed
      Medical completed
      "The Call"????

Comment

Thank you sir
        Get sworn in and all that? Also did they have an update on when the academy is for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAS104 View Post
          Get sworn in and all that? Also did they have an update on when the academy is for you?
          No they don't swear you in during this time. This time is paper work, lots of it and we went over policy and our general orders. We then selected a date that best suited us to start work... They do that because it allows you to ask your bosses for one or two week notices... Depends where you work. I work for a security company and My boss who is a Bpd officer of 30 years actually said I can go head and resign and that I was more than welcomed back for part time after graduation..... My swear in date is Monday...... Along with another recruit...
          Poly. Completed
          Oral board. Completed
          Psychological. Completed
          Medical completed
          "The Call"????

Comment

No they don't swear you in during this time. This time is paper work, lots of it and we went over policy and our general orders. We then selected a date that best suited us to start work... They do that because it allows you to ask your bosses for one or two week notices... Depends where you work. I work for a security company and My boss who is a Bpd officer of 30 years actually said I can go head and resign and that I was more than welcomed back for part time after graduation..... My swear in date is Monday...... Along with another recruit...
            Oh I gotcha. That's awesome man, congrats again. I'll probably need a week since I have to move from out of state and find a place lol. I'm sure you're super excited, did they tell you where you're going to work before the academy?

Comment

Oh I gotcha. That's awesome man, congrats again. I'll probably need a week since I have to move from out of state and find a place lol. I'm sure you're super excited, did they tell you where you're going to work before the academy?
              Not yet, I'm hoping they send me to evidence, but I'll go where I'm needed. Thanks man it's exciting. It's a dream of mine and God blessed me.... What part of process you in
              Poly. Completed
              Oral board. Completed
              Psychological. Completed
              Medical completed
              "The Call"????

Comment

Not yet, I'm hoping they send me to evidence, but I'll go where I'm needed. Thanks man it's exciting. It's a dream of mine and God blessed me.... What part of process you in
                Waiting on the psych and medical now, that's all that's left. I did the poly early last week. Now it's the waiting game until they finish my BI and schedule my last steps. Hope they let me into the next academy, fingers crossed I'll join ya!

Comment

• The wait is a killer.... I have a feeling I will be down there this month doing my final processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
                    The wait is a killer.... I have a feeling I will be down there this month doing my final processing.
                    I think you will. It's the "hurry up and wait" thing that gets me lol. You'll probably be the next guy saying you're in

Comment

• Was told by our major that SEVEN of the officers who just came off of foot patrol are leaving for other agencies. That to go along with 6 city officers who just got calls from AA County for lateral. And all the guys retiring as well. Man we're hurting for bodies....

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
                        Was told by our major that SEVEN of the officers who just came off of foot patrol are leaving for other agencies. That to go along with 6 city officers who just got calls from AA County for lateral. And all the guys retiring as well. Man we're hurting for bodies....
                        Just waiting for the call brother, just waiting for the call.......

Comment

• So does anyone know what the academy is like? more college or military based?

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
                            Was told by our major that SEVEN of the officers who just came off of foot patrol are leaving for other agencies. That to go along with 6 city officers who just got calls from AA County for lateral. And all the guys retiring as well. Man we're hurting for bodies....
                            We're waiting lol. Tell the investigators to hurry up :P . That's a ton of guys leaving though... Damn.

Comment

We're waiting lol. Tell the investigators to hurry up :P . That's a ton of guys leaving though... Damn.
                              We weren't lying to any of you, and neither were the people who were saying this stuff when we were trying to get hired too. This isn't just laterals either, before anyone thinks this is a problem limited to this one department. I can count a number of my coworkers who intend to finish their police careers this year and they've only got a year or two on the job. They aren't just ready to leave the department, they are ready to leave the profession entirely.
                              Last edited by Seraphym; 04-08-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
                                We weren't lying to any of you, and neither were the people who were saying this stuff when we were trying to get hired too. This isn't just laterals either, before anyone thinks this is a problem limited to this one department. I can count a number of my coworkers who intend to finish their police careers this year and they've only got a year or two on the job. They aren't just ready to leave the department, they are ready to leave the profession entirely.
                                Guess it takes a special kind of dedication / crazy to stay on BPD. I like a challenge lol. Be careful out there man

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6837 users online. 363 members and 6474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X