Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolguybad check your messages.

Comment

• Finally heard back from my investigator and I heard from my references that he/she called them I'm guessing the process is almost finishing up being that I started in May 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverj320 View Post
        Finally heard back from my investigator and I heard from my references that he/she called them I'm guessing the process is almost finishing up being that I started in May 2015

Nice! Did you do an expedited process?

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
          Nice! Did you do an expedited process?
          I wish I did lol

Comment

I wish I did lol

Well our time is slowly approaching.

Comment

• Someone asked me two questions and I couldn't PM back so I'll just post it here.

I couldn't say when the next class will be but usually we get about 3-4 in a year. The timing really just depends on the number of qualified applicants, we push out classes as soon as we get enough of them. The two day testing should go something like this:

Written Test first thing in the morning
              PT test the rest of the day
              Written Psych first thing in the morning on the second day
              Preliminary Background investigation rest of the day (Which really just consists of giving in forms and going over any questions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Coolguybad View Post
                Someone asked me two questions and I couldn't PM back so I'll just post it here.

I couldn't say when the next class will be but usually we get about 3-4 in a year. The timing really just depends on the number of qualified applicants, we push out classes as soon as we get enough of them. The two day testing should go something like this:

Written Test first thing in the morning
                PT test the rest of the day
                Written Psych first thing in the morning on the second day
                Preliminary Background investigation rest of the day (Which really just consists of giving in forms and going over any questions)
                They changed who is doing the Psych eval now so the second morning was document collection and assignment to your background investigator...followed by filling out the poly book again with your investigator then in some cases scheduling your poly.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next academy suppose to be?

Comment

Does anyone know when the next academy suppose to be?

Just finished the 2 day processing and all of the people that asked this question were told "We usually have an academy every 4-6 weeks"

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnn View Post
                      Just finished the 2 day processing and all of the people that asked this question were told "We usually have an academy every 4-6 weeks"
                      It's fair enough that you guys were told that, but it is not accurate. In 2014, there were only four classes, meaning a rate of one every three months.The reality was a class in January, February, April, and July. In 2015, there were only three: January, June, and August. I cannot speak for the years before that, but in the last two rates, it's been nowhere near a class every four to six week.

It might be true that they WANT an academy every 4 to 6 weeks, but that's definitely not what's happening. All that you guys have to do to verify that is go through the archives of this thread to see when people were posting about the start of their academies. It will say the same thing. Nearly every class has had at least one user in this forum in the last few years.
                      Last edited by Seraphym; 02-23-2016, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
                        It's fair enough that you guys were told that, but it is not accurate. In 2014, there were only four classes, meaning a rate of one every three months.The reality was a class in January, February, April, and July. In 2015, there were only three: January, June, and August. I cannot speak for the years before that, but in the last two rates, it's been nowhere near a class every four to six week.

It might be true that they WANT an academy every 4 to 6 weeks, but that's definitely not what's happening. All that you guys have to do to verify that is go through the archives of this thread to see when people were posting about the start of their academies. It will say the same thing. Nearly every class has had at least one user in this forum in the last few years.
                        Funny you post since I was reading some of the older posts and was following your posts specifically. I was feeling the anxiousness through your posts and was relieved once I saw you "Got the call!" post. How is being OTJ treating you? Currently waiting on my psych and med appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphym View Post

Yeah I figured that was true, plus I looked at the public website that shows every employees payroll and it seems they only hired 30 people in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
                            Funny you post since I was reading some of the older posts and was following your posts specifically. I was feeling the anxiousness through your posts and was relieved once I saw you "Got the call!" post. How is being OTJ treating you? Currently waiting on my psych and med appointment.
                            Not a whole lot to be said that hasn't already been said. It's got it's ups, and it's down, like any other job. I'd highly recommend anybody, but especially those from out-of-state, do a couple of ride alongs to get a feel for what the job is like. If it's too expensive, do one with a major city in your home state.

Originally posted by Johnn View Post
                            Yeah I figured that was true, plus I looked at the public website that shows every employees payroll and it seems they only hired 30 people in 2015.
                            It's more than 30, but nowhere near the triple digits. You have to be careful looking at those records because of months like January, where many people are hired in December of the previous year, but don't actually begin the academy until January of the following year. Recycles further complicate any ability to determine class sizes that way.
                            Last edited by Seraphym; 02-25-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Anyone taken the poly with baltimore city? Do they tell you if you pass or do you just leave waiting for the call/letter?

Also, when do they hand out "conditional offers"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnn View Post
                                Anyone taken the poly with baltimore city? Do they tell you if you pass or do you just leave waiting for the call/letter?

Also, when do they hand out "conditional offers"?
                                I took mine in December they told me on the spot passed not sure if it's cause I'm from out of state

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14981 users online. 263 members and 14718 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X