300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
    without a promotion and no OT, yes. With a small amount of OT, you'll hit 80K easily at 3 year-5 years.
    Also, what is the cap for overtime per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was born and raised near Baltimore, and I would never become a cop there (too murder-deathy for me). I didn't want to be a city cop at all, but they seem easier to get on with, so I applied for a large city force here in SC.
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• I think I will take BPD

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 12:01 PM.
          God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• How is the academy structured? I know it is Monday-Friday..is it PT everyday? Or a mix of everything everyday?

9-5 or 7-3 or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
              Don't be guided by money alone.
              Oh I won't I just want to build a house eventually. But I hope I get the call to do my medical soon the wait is killing me

Comment

• Originally posted by Giants250 View Post
                How is the academy structured? I know it is Monday-Friday..is it PT everyday? Or a mix of everything everyday?

9-5 or 7-3 or what?
                8-4 Mon-Fri with some weekend details. you'll PT daily in the beginning and then shift to a PT schedule. Of course, this may vary with each class.

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
                  I was born and raised near Baltimore, and I would never become a cop there (too murder-deathy for me). I didn't want to be a city cop at all, but they seem easier to get on with, so I applied for a large city force here in SC.
                  too "murder-deathy"? sorry, but I don't think you are ready to be a police anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverj320 View Post
                    Also, what is the cap for overtime per month.

depends on your unit and type of OT. i THINK patrol can work a max of 35 hours OT per week. I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverj320 View Post
                      Oh that's perfect my goal is to make 6 figures I would easily hit that here in nyc but 3 years 80k not bad

6 figures is easy. with a base of 60k-ish, I've hit 100K+ the past 3 years.

Comment

• I was hoping to get into this next class but haven't done psych or medical.

Comment

6 figures is easy. with a base of 60k-ish, I've hit 100K+ the past 3 years.
                          Appreciate it. I'm patiently waiting ready to get out of nyc. Glad I'm still in the reserves to get away from the Bronx at times

Comment

depends on your unit and type of OT. i THINK patrol can work a max of 35 hours OT per week. I could be wrong.
                            75-80 hours a week is a nice paycheck though
                            Last edited by Giants250; 08-02-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• My class had a stretch of 6 weeks where we PT'd twice. We actually did most of our running at the range, along with "the hill".

Comment

• ----------
                                Last edited by StoneBone718; 03-29-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11094 users online. 418 members and 10676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X