Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Norm93 View Post
    I did the expedited process in early October.
    How long did it take to get assigned a background investigator

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dyancy87 View Post
      How long did it take to get assigned a background investigator
      If you make it to the 2nd day of the expedited process you will get assigned your background investigator then.

      The none expedited process is a different story so I wouldn't know.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RSantos View Post
        If you make it to the 2nd day of the expedited process you will get assigned your background investigator then.

        The none expedited process is a different story so I wouldn't know.
        Ok thanks a lot I didn't do the expedited process I took the civil service on November 3rd I believe and passed the agility on December 5th so I've been waiting to get an investigator for about 6 weeks now

        Comment


        • Squad mate's roommate is in this next class, said they had 17 hired as of Tuesday

          Saw a guy from HR the other day who said tons of guys are showing up for testing with open warrants

          Comment


          • I tested for officer while dispatching for the same city. Found out my shift that night that we arrested 4 applicants on open warrants. Not sure how that happens.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by vicpell View Post
              I tested for officer while dispatching for the same city. Found out my shift that night that we arrested 4 applicants on open warrants. Not sure how that happens.
              I believe it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by vicpell View Post
                I tested for officer while dispatching for the same city. Found out my shift that night that we arrested 4 applicants on open warrants. Not sure how that happens.
                That's stupid, why would they go and apply for a law enforcement job with an open warrants. Smh.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mkessba View Post
                  That's stupid, why would they go and apply for a law enforcement job with an open warrants. Smh.
                  Believe it or not, this has been happening for years with BPD. It's almost comical at this point.

                  Comment


                  • For those of you that took the testing on Dec 5th, that were curious if anyone has heard anything back... I got an email this am for an interview next Sat Jan 30th. Anybody else on here, hear back yet?

                    Comment


                    • Hear anything yet Dyancy87? Got email this am for 1st interview next week

                      Comment


                      • yeah they're not having much success in terms of hiring people… they might as well just increase starting salary or reduce the contract. They have to do something to get new blood into the department

                        Comment


                        • ..............
                          Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 10:56 AM.
                          God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

                          Comment


                          • I got my call for final processing. I will be going down February 2nd for it. Congrats to everyone else who got the call.

                            This was, by far, one of the smoothest hiring processes I have ever encountered.

                            From what I heard, lots of people are jumping ship from the department. You can look at this as a negative, or a positive. If you get on the job, really perform well at it and rise to the top, I would assume you can get promoted quickly in the BPD.

                            For a big city, Baltimore actually pays pretty well. Look at the NYPD's starting pay, and look at the cost of living in New York City and the surrounding eligible counties compared to Baltimore. Starting pay for an officer in CT where I live is generally over 60k, but you also have 2,000 applicants going out for 3 positions.

                            Edit: Maybe "BPD Recruiting" can answer this. Do I get a pay increase due to having a bachelors degree? Someone just asked me about this and I honestly have no idea lol.
                            Last edited by Giants250; 01-23-2016, 12:44 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Giants250 View Post
                              I got my call for final processing. I will be going down February 2nd for it. Congrats to everyone else who got the call.

                              This was, by far, one of the smoothest hiring processes I have ever encountered.

                              From what I heard, lots of people are jumping ship from the department. You can look at this as a negative, or a positive. If you get on the job, really perform well at it and rise to the top, I would assume you can get promoted quickly in the BPD.

                              For a big city, Baltimore actually pays pretty well. Look at the NYPD's starting pay, and look at the cost of living in New York City and the surrounding eligible counties compared to Baltimore. Starting pay for an officer in CT where I live is generally over 60k, but you also have 2,000 applicants going out for 3 positions.

                              Edit: Maybe "BPD Recruiting" can answer this. Do I get a pay increase due to having a bachelors degree? Someone just asked me about this and I honestly have no idea lol.
                              Congrats on getting the call and yes you do, its around $1000 extra but it doesnt kick in until year 2 if i remember correctly. If theyre putting you in the upcoming class it should be 18 or so people. Rumor has it theyre starting the new class soon with around that number but who knows for sure. I hope people don't quit or fail out.

                              Comment


                              • How long would it take to get hired as an out of state applicant without attending the expedited process ?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3357 users online. 192 members and 3165 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X