300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post
    Class 16-01 was supposed to be in session now. Unfortunately, there were not enough qualified candidates to fill the class and so it was cancelled. When class 16-01 will start, if it ever does, is an open question.

Recruitment for our agency has absolutely collapsed. Where the agency once received over 3,000 applications per year, it now receives almost none, literally. Can the agency start a class with 7 trainees? Sure. Will it? No. To run an academy class there have to be enough trainees to justify the expense and to allow for attrition. Things have never been this bad. Not ever.

Do not pin your hopes on getting hired here. It may not happen no matter how qualified you are. If another agency makes an offer, take it and don't look back.

You're right about having to get qualified applicants. On my 2 day expedited process we started with around 100+ by the end of the 2nd day we had maybe around 25 to 30 applicants still in the game and I'm being generous with that number.

The class will come just will probably take a little longer, recruiting is working look at all the expedited process days they have been holding.

Comment

• Originally posted by kscu View Post
      Hey All,

Participating in the Jan 23/24 Expedited Testing Process, has anyone ever completed it ? Is it a relatively quick process compared to the normal ?
      If you show up prepared and ready to go with everything they ask you to bring it will be quick for you and make things easier for your investigator. Follow the directions they give you and you should be good. Please for yourself show up with decent attire, we had this one guy that had literally holes all over his white shirt when they were going to conduct the PT test. They pulled him to the side and that was the last time I saw him.

I was embarrassed for him I can only imagine how he felt. Don't be that guy and be professional and you should be good. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
        You're right about having to get qualified applicants. On my 2 day expedited process we started with around 100+ by the end of the 2nd day we had maybe around 25 to 30 applicants still in the game and I'm being generous with that number.

The class will come just will probably take a little longer, recruiting is working look at all the expedited process days they have been holding.

Well. I emailed my investigator like 2 weeks ago to see if there is any updates about my poly test. She emails me back saying ( if you haven't received any disqualification letter in the mail form the recruitment; that means that you still in process also note that background investigation takes time). so that the latest thing I have got from my Inv. Lol.

But my advise to you guys. If u made up all the way to the poly and u think you passed. Just relax and do something that will keep you busy till you hear back from your invs. Best of luck to everyone.

Comment

• Also lets keep
          This forum a life. Keep in touch

Comment

• Originally posted by Mkessba View Post
            Well. I emailed my investigator like 2 weeks ago to see if there is any updates about my poly test. She emails me back saying ( if you haven't received any disqualification letter in the mail form the recruitment; that means that you still in process also note that background investigation takes time). so that the latest thing I have got from my Inv. Lol.

But my advise to you guys. If u made up all the way to the poly and u think you passed. Just relax and do something that will keep you busy till you hear back from your invs. Best of luck to everyone.
            Yeah pretty much no news is good news when it comes to LE. If you a receive a letter in the mail its game over with that agency.

It probably seems like the process takes forever, but like I said in a previous post this process is relatively fast compared to other agencies.

Comment

• Mkessba, to your private messaging on.

Comment

• I just turned it on.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 10:57 AM.
                  God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
                    Eh don't be too disheartened by that aspect alone. When I went through it years back, it was the same situation with me too. Unfortunately with most processes (not exclusively Baltimore), they have a ton of people weeded out before testing even begins. I think my expedited process was around 200 people or so there that day, and only 3 of us were hired out of that bunch, all in the same academy class.

But you're right, recent events and such is probably making it even more difficult for most qualified applicants to come to Baltimore to try their chances, and may be heading elsewhere.
                    Not disheartened, it's all part of the process and I see things never really change.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 10:56 AM.
                      God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
                        Sounds like you already get it.
                        I know how it is. I been through the process with NYPD. AND TOOK FOREVER TO COMPLETE IT. BUT I RAN OUT OF LUCK WITH THEM. so I'm not really in rush with BPD. they are faster without a doubt

Comment

• Going in for final processing next week and currently looking for a roommate. If anyone is interested message me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norm93 View Post
                            Going in for final processing next week and currently looking for a roommate. If anyone is interested message me.
                            If you don't mind me asking, when did u take the civil exam?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Norm93 View Post
                              Going in for final processing next week and currently looking for a roommate. If anyone is interested message me.
                              Good for you!

Comment

• I did the expedited process in early October.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4751 users online. 371 members and 4380 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X