Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by triniboy05; 06-26-2018, 10:57 AM.
    God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by triniboy05 View Post
      It hasn't even been a month yet. Baltimore City is arguably the quickest process I've heard of in the country, comparable to departments it's size. I get it, we've all been there where we wanted to hear something back, but be patient. You're applying for a job as a police officer, you have the authority to take someone's freedom away, it's not a cashier at Macy's position.

The holidays are just finishing up, these people have lives and take into account the state of flux the department has been in in the past year. Just enjoy your life, stay fit, and get your ducks in a row for your next step in the meantime.

I understand the desire to vent, but if they said they're contacting you in 6-8 weeks, how can you be impatient before 4 has even passed?
      How do you expect these folks to be a 3 year LT if they can't even get hired a month after they apply?

Comment

• To those starting in the summer, I may have 2 rooms available in the townhouse I am renting. Canton/Highlandtown area. Big house. Rent is $583, utilities and all that usually come out to an extra $60-110/month depending if the water bill is due. Message me if you are interested!

Comment

• Originally posted by a_kreft View Post
          To those starting in the summer, I may have 2 rooms available in the townhouse I am renting. Canton/Highlandtown area. Big house. Rent is $583, utilities and all that usually come out to an extra $60-110/month depending if the water bill is due. Message me if you are interested!
          When do you start

Comment

• I've already graduated. Just assuming that there will be a class or two in the summer

Comment

• Originally posted by bos7781 View Post
              Does anyone know if there is another class scheduled before the end of the year? I know the next one is scheduled for end of August. Anything after that?
              Did you ever get any dates for new classes in 2016?

Comment

• Is the academy ar the public safety buildings?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Feel free to share any info you obtain york74!

Comment

• Originally posted by york74 View Post
                    Is the academy ar the public safety buildings?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
                    Yes the academy is at the public safety building at 3500 W. Northern Pkwy.

Comment

• Is the department currently hiring officers ?

Comment

• Hey All,

Participating in the Jan 23/24 Expedited Testing Process, has anyone ever completed it ? Is it a relatively quick process compared to the normal ?

Comment

• Originally posted by york74 View Post
                          Did you ever get any dates for new classes in 2016?
                          Class 16-01 was supposed to be in session now. Unfortunately, there were not enough qualified candidates to fill the class and so it was cancelled. When class 16-01 will start, if it ever does, is an open question.

Recruitment for our agency has absolutely collapsed. Where the agency once received over 3,000 applications per year, it now receives almost none, literally. Can the agency start a class with 7 trainees? Sure. Will it? No. To run an academy class there have to be enough trainees to justify the expense and to allow for attrition. Things have never been this bad. Not ever.

Do not pin your hopes on getting hired here. It may not happen no matter how qualified you are. If another agency makes an offer, take it and don't look back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post
                            Class 16-01 was supposed to be in session now. Unfortunately, there were not enough qualified candidates to fill the class and so it was cancelled. When class 16-01 will start, if it ever does, is an open question.

Recruitment for our agency has absolutely collapsed. Where the agency once received over 3,000 applications per year, it now receives almost none, literally. Can the agency start a class with 7 trainees? Sure. Will it? No. To run an academy class there have to be enough trainees to justify the expense and to allow for attrition. Things have never been this bad. Not ever.

Do not pin your hopes on getting hired here. It may not happen no matter how qualified you are. If another agency makes an offer, take it and don't look back.
                            Well then......

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post

Interesting........I started the process mid november and got the call last week and scheduled my psych/medical.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Thedoughboy111;3804069]Class 16-01 was supposed to be in session now. Unfortunately, there were not enough qualified candidates to fill the class and so it was cancelled. When class 16-01 will start, if it ever does, is an open question.

Do not pin your hopes on getting hired here. It may not happen no matter how qualified you are. If another agency makes an offer, take it and don't look back.[/QUOTE I am still interested in joining the department. I passed my agility on December 5th and haven't heard anything yet nor was I assigned a background investigator yet so they can't really be in that much of demand to fill the class
                                Last edited by Dyancy87; 01-11-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4674 users online. 298 members and 4376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X