300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pbjunkie92 View Post

With the current state of recruiting, how long can one expect the hiring process to take attending the weekday exam as opposed to the expedited process?

Also are persons who are 20 years old permitted to exam?
    The expedited process doesn't necessarily result in being hired more quickly. I went the standard route and was offered employment a month before my friend who went to the expedited events. Two things will affect how long it takes you to process: how motivated (read: organized) you are to get hired and whatever is going on in recruitment at the time you apply. Sometimes recruitment works with lightening speed while other times they work as slowly as a dial up modem. Despite what the powers that be might say on the news, we're several hundred Officers short and we're going to lose at least 200 more to retirement next year. If you are qualified and motivated you can get hired in less than six months.

You shouldn't have any problems testing at 20 years old. The age to be hired is 20 1/2 years. You must be 21 years old on or before graduation day.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneBone718 View Post
      Hahaha, I remember we had ""That Guy"" in my class. It ****ed me off cause we had to move him around in a Wheel Chair when the instructors got mad at him..

Theres always gonna be "That Guy" regardless what academy your at.
      Oh yes. The trainee with an initial PT score so low that the instructors questioned whether or not he was actually alive. Now on to bigger and better things as a lateral with another agency that seems to be taking all of our special children as of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post
        The expedited process doesn't necessarily result in being hired more quickly. I went the standard route and was offered employment a month before my friend who went to the expedited events. Two things will affect how long it takes you to process: how motivated (read: organized) you are to get hired and whatever is going on in recruitment at the time you apply. Sometimes recruitment works with lightening speed while other times they work as slowly as a dial up modem. Despite what the powers that be might say on the news, we're several hundred Officers short and we're going to lose at least 200 more to retirement next year. If you are qualified and motivated you can get hired in less than six months.

You shouldn't have any problems testing at 20 years old. The age to be hired is 20 1/2 years. You must be 21 years old on or before graduation day.
        You can start academy at 20 9 months
        Last edited by BPD RECRUITMENT; 10-29-2015, 10:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Anyone know of a start date for the next academy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone else on here in the process for the upcoming class?

Comment

• I'm processing, i have not done any of the 3 major steps yet though (poly, psyc, physical). Once they get 50, they will set the date for the next class.

Comment

• I'm processing, i completed and passed the polygraph. I'm waiting on the medical and to finish the second part of the psyc.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinj8806 View Post
                  I'm processing, i completed and passed the polygraph. I'm waiting on the medical and to finish the second part of the psyc.

Same here, waiting on my medical and psyc.

Comment

• Good morning,

Does anyone know if they Baltimore city has a class starting in 2015? And, is it filled? I received a conditional offer and now I am waiting for a final approval. Thanks for listening.

Comment

• Originally posted by york74 View Post
                      Good morning,

Does anyone know if they Baltimore city has a class starting in 2015? And, is it filled? I received a conditional offer and now I am waiting for a final approval. Thanks for listening.
                      As far as I have heard they are aiming for a january class. I'm waiting for approval to take my psych and medical. Not sure how long that takes after the background but my file was being sent up last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by york74 View Post
                        Good morning,

i doubt another will start in 2015, but surely a few classes will be run in 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
                          From what I have heard they are looking to put in a class before the new year.

If you haven't already go and do a ride along and see what you're getting yourself into. It would be a shame to go through everything and get on patrol and find out it's not for you.
                          yes, regardless of which Depts you apply to, you should always do at least one ride along. I would actually suggest doing a few (time permitting) in different districts and/or different shifts.

don't listen to all of the hype. the job is still fun and fairly rewarding. As I have always said, apply to a bunch of Depts and take the first job.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                            yes, regardless of which Depts you apply to, you should always do at least one ride along. I would actually suggest doing a few (time permitting) in different districts and/or different shifts.

don't listen to all of the hype. the job is still fun and fairly rewarding. As I have always said, apply to a bunch of Depts and take the first job.
                            If you're currently on the job with BPD send me a PM have a question for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
                              If you're currently on the job with BPD send me a PM have a question for you.
                              i replied to your PM

Comment

• Thinking out applying, out if state candidate. Can anybody post a timeline of entire process from start to finish?? Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19235 users online. 508 members and 18727 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X