Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jordanm3195
    Why are so many saying not to work for
    Baltimore, of course this summer has been awful but I'm sure it'll only get better?
    While I am not in the hiring process for BPD, I live nearby. The city has been in turmoil with violence and crime for years. "But I'm sure it'll only get better," it is hard to tell if and when the city will get better.

Current/future climate in the city: homicides happening daily, crime on the rise, the looming trails that could go either way, potential unrest/riots in the next couple months, and a new mayor after the elections. It is important for outsiders to be aware of the current issues effecting the city.

Comment

Hey guys, thinking of going down to Baltimore for NOV 14/15 expedited testing.
      Some questions-
      How soon can I be in the academy considering everything goes smoothly? Trying to see if I can get another semester in for school or not.
      Why are so many saying not to work for
      Baltimore, of course this summer has been awful but I'm sure it'll only get better?
      Any safe nice spots for me to live if I get hired that I can afford?
      How tough is there process? I'm 100% clean and can't find a reason why they'd DQ me, even though anything is possible..

From what I have heard they are looking to put in a class before the new year.

If you haven't already go and do a ride along and see what you're getting yourself into. It would be a shame to go through everything and get on patrol and find out it's not for you.

Comment

Well just read the testing is for Baltimore residents only... Never mind
        Could've swore I read that expedited was for out of state in particular
        Nah I just doubled checked and it's open to anyone from any state. As long as you have a valid drivers lisences

Comment

• So I just went in for the document collection and what I though was the preliminary interview on 15 Oct. I was there with around 10 other applicants and all we did was turn in documents and answer some questions on about three different forms. Any idea why there was no interview? They said we'd be contacted by the BI next. Also it seems that other people at this step did a written psych but I guess they may have changed the order at this point. Anyone have any input?

Comment

• ---------------
            Last edited by StoneBone718; 03-29-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamck94 View Post
              Any idea why there was no interview?
              An interview is what an agency does when it has more applicants than available spots and it can afford to be selective in who it hires. Baltimore City is not in any position to be selective. We can barely fill one academy class a year at this point and the City Council is agitating to have MPCTC change the standards so that habitual marijuana users can be hired on the basis of the state's recent decision to decriminalize the possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana. This ignores the fact that federal law still lists marijuana under schedule I. Per federal law it is unlawful for any person who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance to possess firearms. Any trainee who admitted to falling into such category who was subsequently armed by the Department would be committing a crime as would the supervisor who furnished him his weapon and the member of the command staff who signed off on his hire. This reality, however, seems to escape some members of the City Council. They rage against Police misconduct, real or imagined, at every conceivable opportunity and yet now advocate hiring candidates who are even more marginal and likely to engage in misconduct than the ones we're currently considering for hire. You cannot professionalize an agency and reduce misconduct by lowering hiring standards.
              Last edited by Thedoughboy111; 10-22-2015, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Well after over 1 year of doing the process and waiting I finally got the call to do the final selection process. The detective who called me said that I need to pick a date they can officially hire me but they don't have an official start date for the next academy. If anyone who is currently a BPD officer who reads this forum or has done this before I was wondering what do you do when youre on the department's payroll but not yet in the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by BilluhHanks View Post
                  Well after over 1 year of doing the process and waiting I finally got the call to do the final selection process. The detective who called me said that I need to pick a date they can officially hire me but they don't have an official start date for the next academy. If anyone who is currently a BPD officer who reads this forum or has done this before I was wondering what do you do when youre on the department's payroll but not yet in the academy?
                  Work in the office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ---------------

Comment

• hey guys i have a question are there any apts that give discounts to leo's?

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneBone718 View Post
                        You can work in an office filing paperwork, work in HQ painting walls, work in the academy on the desk.. They will put you wherever they want.
                        Pretty much this. Just a heads up, if you are at the academy, use your time wisely. If you go into receiving week making the mistakes that someone with absolutely no prior experience as to what the academy is like or expects would, you are going to cause problems for your classmates. Don't be that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seraphym View Post
                          Pretty much this. Just a heads up, if you are at the academy, use your time wisely. If you go into receiving week making the mistakes that someone with absolutely no prior experience as to what the academy is like or expects would, you are going to cause problems for your classmates. Don't be that guy.
                          i take it receiving week is week 1? And yeah I know what you mean

Comment

• ---------------

Comment

• Anyone know of how many graduated from the recent class?

Comment

• i know this was asked previously, and I apologize, I just dont have the time at the moment to lok through the 454 pages.

With the current state of recruiting, how long can one expect the hiring process to take attending the weekday exam as opposed to the expedited process?

Also are persons who are 20 years old permitted to exam?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7726 users online. 384 members and 7342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X