300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ------------
    Last edited by StoneBone718; 03-29-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:27 PM.
      God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• well i am about to go into NYC corrections lol. But in Maryland/PA the cost of living is so much cheaper then here in NYC/Longisland. What makes the department so bad?

Comment

• Anyone know what schedule they work? 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts?

Comment

• I've got my first interview and document collection scheduled soon. I've passed the civil service and agility tests. Can anyone give me some insight on what this first interview consists of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pdfd View Post
              Anyone know what schedule they work? 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts?
              Patrol works ten hour shifts. Detectives, administrative and other specialized personnel usually work eight hour shifts.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                What makes the department so bad?
                The fact that the City is dysfunctional and so is the Department.

About one third of Baltimore City is completely and almost irretrievably blighted. Crime is through the roof. The ratio of criminals, welfare recipients and people collecting checks based on fraudulent disability claims to law abiding, tax paying citizens is completely out of whack. Almost everyone you meet in some districts is collecting Social Security disability and is "mentally ill". In reality they're just drug and alcohol abusers who believe they have the right to assault others and steal from them as they please, which isn't mental illness - it's evil. The environment is toxic and the working conditions have to be seen to be believed. The first time you walk through the rear alleyway of a block full of vacants in East or West Baltimore you will understand.

On the institutional side, the department's command staff are absolutely terrible. Most of them are narcissistic and care only about themselves and their own career advancement. They don't care about the BPD and they certainly don't care about their officers. What they care about is making the highest rank possible and then retiring and going on to ruin another department somewhere else while making six figures. Many of the Sergeants and Lieutenants are the same way, lazy and hateful and only interested in themselves. Those who are qualified to lead either refuse to take the exam or get passed over in favor of self promoters and incompetents. Don't get me wrong, there are some great supervisors but on the whole the leadership in the agency is the worst imaginable. To make matters worse, this attitude has spread to many of the Officers. And, of course, the Mayor and State's Attorney hate us.

I could go on but what would be the point. The Department is self destructing and it's a sad sight to see.
                Last edited by Thedoughboy111; 10-01-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Anyone else have the agility test this Saturday? I'm traveling down from nyc
                  Nypd #3311

Comment

• Originally posted by twin_idaho View Post
                    Anyone else have the agility test this Saturday? I'm traveling down from nyc
                    Your from NYC? Have you tried for the NYPD yet?

Comment

• NYPD isn't having there exam til the new year.
                      Idk bout the other guy, NYPD isn't looking good for me, so I have to look elsewhere myself. I missed the agility test for Saturday, so I'm hoping for the email for the next one. Getting to old to not be OTJ like the rest of my friends

Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                      Your from NYC? Have you tried for the NYPD yet?
                      Last edited by Absolit3; 10-08-2015, 11:15 AM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

• Anyone from the expedited process in July hear anything recent news yet about their process?

Comment

• My polygraph was last Wednesday! I passed. I'm just waiting on medical.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post
                            The fact that the City is dysfunctional and so is the Department.

About one third of Baltimore City is completely and almost irretrievably blighted. Crime is through the roof. The ratio of criminals, welfare recipients and people collecting checks based on fraudulent disability claims to law abiding, tax paying citizens is completely out of whack. Almost everyone you meet in some districts is collecting Social Security disability and is "mentally ill". In reality they're just drug and alcohol abusers who believe they have the right to assault others and steal from them as they please, which isn't mental illness - it's evil. The environment is toxic and the working conditions have to be seen to be believed. The first time you walk through the rear alleyway of a block full of vacants in East or West Baltimore you will understand.

On the institutional side, the department's command staff are absolutely terrible. Most of them are narcissistic and care only about themselves and their own career advancement. They don't care about the BPD and they certainly don't care about their officers. What they care about is making the highest rank possible and then retiring and going on to ruin another department somewhere else while making six figures. Many of the Sergeants and Lieutenants are the same way, lazy and hateful and only interested in themselves. Those who are qualified to lead either refuse to take the exam or get passed over in favor of self promoters and incompetents. Don't get me wrong, there are some great supervisors but on the whole the leadership in the agency is the worst imaginable. To make matters worse, this attitude has spread to many of the Officers. And, of course, the Mayor and State's Attorney hate us.

I could go on but what would be the point. The Department is self destructing and it's a sad sight to see.
                            These guys will figure it soon enough...and they can't say you didn't warn them...

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:28 PM.
                              God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Anyone here attend the expedited process over the weekend ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8472 users online. 462 members and 8010 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X