300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmen13 View Post
    WOW really?? What step are you on? Did you contact your BI?
    I did an expedited process in August of last year, so 1 year ago. I did the polygraph a month later in september. Somewhere along the line the background investigator i was assigned to me got transferred from the HR division and then i got a new one which delayed me. Then the riots happened which delayed me even more. Now thing are finally starting to pick up and I'm waiting for the BI to schedule me for a medical exam.

At this point the BPD is my plan B because in the year I've been waiting I've applied to other agencies and things are looking promising there. I would have definitely taken an offer from BPD if they had given it to me last year but oh well.

Comment

• @Kmedina1185

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/com...2.04.01.16.htm

Any thing after five uses, they wont certify you in MD per this COMAR link above.
      Last edited by willjr55; 08-20-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• I took the PT test on August 8th but I haven't heard back from them yet. From what I've read on this thread this is usually one of the quickest parts. The email I got after I passed the civil service test said I'd be contacted Wednesday or Thursday if I passed the pt test. I was wondering if anyone here took the pt test on August 8th and has heard back yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well count me out of the process got a letter in the mail. I am curious why but that ain't happening. Any way good luck to those in the process.

Comment

• Im sure this has been discussed previously and I apologize, I just don't have time to read 451 other pages lol. How much faster is the expedited process then the normal process? In short, would it be more beneficial to me to wait until Oct. 10th to do the 2 day expedited, or to go next Tuesday for the regular civil service exam? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pbjunkie92 View Post
              Im sure this has been discussed previously and I apologize, I just don't have time to read 451 other pages lol. How much faster is the expedited process then the normal process? In short, would it be more beneficial to me to wait until Oct. 10th to do the 2 day expedited, or to go next Tuesday for the regular civil service exam? Thanks!
              The general consensus is that it is much quicker. I wish I had waited. I recommend you do as well.

Comment

• I would wait PB!
                I started the process 3/25/15. I'm just waiting for my polygraph and medical. Its been 5 months, hopefully i get a call soon to finish up the process.. it's just a waiting game now. The trainees that taken the expedited process in March 2015, which was days before I had walked in to take the civil service test. I've noticed already received final offers last month. I think you should just wait for the expedited process in Oct. 2015.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                Last edited by kevinj8806; 08-26-2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• I thought the expedited process was for out of state applicants only. Is this true, or no?

Comment

• Originally posted by willjr55 View Post
                    I thought the expedited process was for out of state applicants only. Is this true, or no?
                    Anyone can go through the expedited process. Most departments limit it to out of state applicants but not BPD.

Comment

• Heard someone say the new class (15-03) has 8 trainees. 8?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
                        Heard someone say the new class (15-03) has 8 trainees. 8?!?!
                        I believe it. I was talking to a recruit doing a ride along in west district. He mentioned that they're having a hard time finding people.

Comment

• Are that many people getting DQ'ed? Or does no one want to work there anymore after this summer?

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
                            Heard someone say the new class (15-03) has 8 trainees. 8?!?!
                            It seems to me that recruitment is slow.
                            Last edited by mario1; 09-15-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=vc859;3725976]Are that many people getting DQ'ed? Or does no one want to work there anymore after this summer?[/QUOT. I've been in the process for a year now and I'm getting fed up with that.
                              Last edited by mario1; 09-15-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mario1 View Post
                                It seems to me that the recruiters are taking their sweet time, and they don't give any good feed back. All I'm hearing is "no news is good news". I've been in the process for a year now and I'm getting fed up with that.
                                I believe it. I took the agility test a month ago and I haven't received any further info. The email I got after I passed the civil service test told me I'd be contacted "Wednesday or Thursday" after the PAT to schedule my psych. I've called several times and have gotten no answer. For a department that has a lot of vacancies you'd think they'd be snatching up every candidate they could get.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4654 users online. 357 members and 4297 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X