Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vet2cop View Post
    Hey all,

Would anyone know if I would be able to use my post 9/11 g.i bill towards the academy? I know that the academy itself is free but I heard of some departments that allows you to use it so that you can still receive your benefits (bah pay) every month while your in the academy. If so, how would I go about taking care of this?

Thank you
    When I went through you had to use the Montgomery G.I. Bill in order to receive educational benefits for going through the Academy. The catch, of course, was that by selecting the Montgomery G.I. Bill you made an irrevocable choice to forfeit the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill benefits.

I don't know what your personal situation is but you'll probably be better off using the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill to take traditional college classes. It only takes 6 credits to be considered full time and receive BAH.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSantos View Post
      Going on a ride along in the northeastern district tomorrow, thoughts?
      I hope you learned something and that you had the opportunity to ride with a decent Officer. Northeast District has the highest call volume in the City by far.

For anyone who is interested in a ride along I would suggest that you either go to the Western District or the Southwest District. The West side of Baltimore is exploding right now and WD and SWD are fighting for the title of deadliest district. Chances are that if you do a ride along on the Charlie Shift that you will have the opportunity to respond to a homicide or a shooting. Know what you're getting yourself into before you quit your job and head to Baltimore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedoughboy111 View Post
        I hope you learned something and that you had the opportunity to ride with a decent Officer. Northeast District has the highest call volume in the City by far.

For anyone who is interested in a ride along I would suggest that you either go to the Western District or the Southwest District. The West side of Baltimore is exploding right now and WD and SWD are fighting for the title of deadliest district. Chances are that if you do a ride along on the Charlie Shift that you will have the opportunity to respond to a homicide or a shooting. Know what you're getting yourself into before you quit your job and head to Baltimore.
        Actually one of my buddies that is now a NJ trooper linked me up with one of his old partners that works in west Baltimore. I wasn't on Charlie shift but Bravo, nonetheless still got to learn a lot and see a lot. The ride along only clarified even more that this is what I want to do as a career.

Comment

• Delete.......
          Last edited by Kmedina1185; 08-26-2015, 03:33 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:23 PM.
            God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Delete......
              Last edited by Kmedina1185; 08-26-2015, 03:34 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:24 PM.
                God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Delete.....
                  Last edited by Kmedina1185; 08-26-2015, 03:36 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmedina1185 View Post
                      How long would it be to do over the process?
                      The only things I've wrote down on the p.q that i used marijuana about 11 x in my lifetime but from 2002 -2008.Ever since I never looked back and been clean with everything I've done.
                      Plus I checked off that I was arrested but when I was a juneville back in (2002)I was handcuffed ,taken to the pd headquarters ,temporary detained and went home that same day.
                      Honestly, it's probably less the amount of times that you've done it and more the average amount of times you were doing it for a pretty significant time period that got you DQed. The department is only willing to tolerate experimental drug use and that's only after a certain amount of time. With 11x over a six year time span, that's an average of twice a year for six years. You might be hard pressed to argue that was only experimental.

Comment

• On the flip side, I had classmates who said they did it 100+ times and lied about it on the poly. They are now officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by jm89 View Post
                          On the flip side, I had classmates who said they did it 100+ times and lied about it on the poly. They are now officers.
                          I have no doubt that they are. Polygraphy is junk science, pure and simple. A Polygraph machine measures physiological responses, nothing more. Sociopaths, psychotics and those who rehearse their lies before hand pass the polygraph with flying colors. The polygraph machine is garbage and should have been discarded from the law enforcement tool box decades ago. Agencies in Maryland use the polygraph machine as a substitute for a thorough background investigation and the result is that suitable candidates are rejected while truly predatory candidates get through. That's the irony, those who are the most unfit to become Police Officers are the least likely to be caught by the machine because their pulse, respiration and galvanic skin response stay completely steady. The only people who are caught are those who actually believe that the machine can actually detect lies. Their pulse and respiration go crazy, they fidget constantly and they sweat profusely. Those who understand how the polygraph works don't have those reactions and thus are not detected.

There is no machine or gimmick that can substitute for an actual background investigation and face to face interviews.
                          Last edited by Thedoughboy111; 08-18-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Delete.....
                            Last edited by Kmedina1185; 08-26-2015, 03:38 PM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmedina1185 View Post
                              So today I call bpd recruitment and they said decision is final so I can't apply to bpd ever again.
                              My question is ?Is that gonna affect me in other areas of MD for employment?
                              Well other depts will ask you about prior applications, and the outcome. So it may

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey guys, does anyone know if there's another class after August?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6404 users online. 361 members and 6043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X