X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RJB1912 View Post
    G men check your pm.

Seraphym...yes I did.
    I'm less than a month out from field training so if you have any questions, I'll answer them via PM. Just keep those questions sensible.

Comment

• Originally posted by vet2cop View Post
      Patiently waiting for that final process call..how's everyone else doing? Hope all is well
      Met my back ground investigator last week. Waiting for next step. How long does this part typically take. I know the investigators are different, but do they contact references etc first and then do the polygraph. Or do they do the polygraph during the background investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
        Met my back ground investigator last week. Waiting for next step. How long does this part typically take. I know the investigators are different, but do they contact references etc first and then do the polygraph. Or do they do the polygraph during the background investigation.
        this step is pretty long, but it varies. I've been in backgrounds for around 4 months now, so I'm still waiting to hear back. They will do the polygraph while the background investigation is ongoing, or at least that's how they did it for me. Everyone's process is different. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjc2527 View Post
          this step is pretty long, but it varies. I've been in backgrounds for around 4 months now, so I'm still waiting to hear back. They will do the polygraph while the background investigation is ongoing, or at least that's how they did it for me. Everyone's process is different. Good luck!
          Been in backgrounds for 4 months as well, I did the polygraph before the backgrounds began

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen13 View Post
            Been in backgrounds for 4 months as well, I did the polygraph before the backgrounds began
            Well I guess only time will tell thanks for feedback and good luck to you guys.

Comment

• Hey looking for some help. I applied to BPD 2 years ago and was not selected. I asked the HR department in May to review my file to see if I could reopen my application. I just got email from them a week ago saying they made a decision and a letter will be coming to me sometime soon. Does anyone have any knowledge of whether or not the longer it takes BPD to respond to you is a good thing or a bad thing? And will they send you a letter if it is good news?

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:21 PM.
                God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmeyer19 View Post
                  Hey looking for some help. I applied to BPD 2 years ago and was not selected. I asked the HR department in May to review my file to see if I could reopen my application. I just got email from them a week ago saying they made a decision and a letter will be coming to me sometime soon. Does anyone have any knowledge of whether or not the longer it takes BPD to respond to you is a good thing or a bad thing? And will they send you a letter if it is good news?
                  Would you happen to know what the reason was? How far were you along the process? From my understanding, letter isn't a good thing

Comment

• When is the next expedited process?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJ2012 View Post
                      When is the next expedited process?
                      No one here will be able to answer that question because this year has been significantly different from the year prior. They seem to have expedited processes when they want to have them, and they post them with only about a month's notice anymore. You will just have to keep your eye on that website.

On an unrelated note, I just want to share something. My class took our final PT test today and not a single person failed for the first time in a long while. We've been putting a lot of sweat and tears into it, and that was the result you get. For those of you that are worried you are not up to par physically, consider that. If you put everything you've got into preparing for it, you'll complete it.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is another class scheduled before the end of the year? I know the next one is scheduled for end of August. Anything after that?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJ2012 View Post
                          When is the next expedited process?
                          They are accepting emails to register now if you go to the website.

Comment

• Hello all,

I will be going into this next academy class at the end of august, and I am looking at apartments. If anyone has any suggestions, or a place of their own that they are renting out please let me know(PM).

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Phillies222 View Post
                              Hello all,

I will be going into this next academy class at the end of august, and I am looking at apartments. If anyone has any suggestions, or a place of their own that they are renting out please let me know(PM).

Thanks
                              Depends on what you're looking for. If you're part of the younger crowd, you may enjoy living in the city. If you enjoy the quiet, you may like Owings Mills a bit more. These are just examples of places to live, but I chose the former of the two options. Some things to think about will be your commute to and from HQ, and then eventually the academy, proximity to conveniences like grocery stores, shopping centers, and the highway. And also, the incidence of crime in certain neighborhoods.

Please note that unless you know somebody who can give you a parking pass, you're going to have to pay for parking while you're a pre-hire at HQ, and the cost of parking adds up. This is where living in the city comes in handy, because once you begin working at HQ, you are a city employee and can ride MTA for free.

Once again, this is all down to preferences, but these are some things to keep in mind for your eventual move. Personally, I love living in the city, and I've had my share of problems, but it's a great place to be.

And congrats on getting into the academy.

Comment

• Veritas9, I appreciate it.

Preferably I would like to be able to afford an apartment on my own, as I am very guarded about renting with someone whom I do not know. Understanding this may have to be a reality, I am cautiously open to the idea. I do not plan to begin as a pre-hire and work at HQ for the exact reason you stated (I do not know someone with a parking pass) unless, I get to HQ to sign paperwork and I am told that it is mandatory. If given the option, I would like to start on the day of the academy, due to the fact that I am a civilian with an agency, and would like to give appropriate leave notice, and have ample time to find a reputable apartment/area. Believe me, wednesday was a very good day for me, and I do not want to take advantage of this opportunity.

As I have reviewed previous pages of this forum, a concern was brought to my attention. That being, some trainees saw that their take home pay was less than anticipated and struggled financially. I want to make sure that I am living within my means, and I do not bite off more than I can chew. When I go down to HQ this week, I will have a better idea of what is expected, and what the base pay will be.

Take care.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6345 users online. 353 members and 5992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X