Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first day is the civil service and physical test. The following day is written psych and paperwork for background (make sure you have all documents and copies). You background investigator will contact you a few weeks or a month or so after to schedule a poly. Yes you will have to go back down to Baltimore for that because it is several weeks after the expedited weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by RJB1912 View Post
      The first day is the civil service and physical test. The following day is written psych and paperwork for background (make sure you have all documents and copies). You background investigator will contact you a few weeks or a month or so after to schedule a poly. Yes you will have to go back down to Baltimore for that because it is several weeks after the expedited weekend.
      He may or may not end up having to wait a few weeks to schedule that poly. Last year, we were offered the option of signing up right then and there for it. The catch was that you couldn't have any tattoos that they had to investigate. It was explained to me that recruiting needs photos of each individual tattoo and processing them can set you back tremendously. I know of a couple of people who ended up having to wait an additional 4 to 6 months just because of the number they had.

Comment

• I'm coming down for the expedited testing in July. Is the bench press free weight or universal machine? Also, does anyone know if Baltimore city PD uses a debt ratio formula in relation to credit report??

Thanks!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bos7781 View Post
          I'm coming down for the expedited testing in July. Is the bench press free weight or universal machine? Also, does anyone know if Baltimore city PD uses a debt ratio formula in relation to credit report??

Thanks!!!
          They use a machine

Comment

• Machine!!! Thanks gmen...

Comment

• Originally posted by bos7781 View Post
              I'm coming down for the expedited testing in July. Is the bench press free weight or universal machine? Also, does anyone know if Baltimore city PD uses a debt ratio formula in relation to credit report??

Thanks!!!
              No, they simply look to see how good or bad your credit is. I'm not really aware of many departments that look into your D-to-I ratio like an intelligence service might.

Comment

• Got it. Thank you

Comment

• When you sign up for the expedited event should we expect an email back or is the email we sent out count as us registering and we just show up day of?

Comment

• I received an e-mail back confirming they received my e-mail, however it took a day or two

Comment

• They have an opening for Chief of Police....

Comment

• Hmm I wonder if this is going to affect people in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
                          Hmm I wonder if this is going to affect people in the process.
                          If anything impacts you guys, I think it'll just be what seems like a general slowdown in the hiring process that was going on prior to the riots. 2015's hiring hasn't been anything like 2014's. There were like 8 or 9 expedited processes and four classes underway by roughly this time last year. So far, there has been only two expedited processes scheduled and only two classes in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
                            Hmm I wonder if this is going to affect people in the process.
                            I don't expect recruitment to pick up until the Department stabilizes itself. Right now we're losing people at an alarming rate, in service training has collapsed, the quality of first line supervision has noticeably declined and morale is in the toilet. Even if the agency could find 300 qualified recruits this year, which is doubtful, we have no ability to absorb them. We don't have enough FTOs and many of those that we do have lack the temperament and experience necessary to do the job. Awhile back the entire FTO program was revamped. Officers with 15 and 20 years of service had their FTO certification taken away and most were replaced by Officers with between 2 and 7 years of experience. The results speak for themselves. My primary FTO had 18 years on the job and had been wounded in a gunfight. He was extremely hard on me and a lot of people didn't like him personally. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, he trained me properly and if I didn't perform to his standards he let me know in no uncertain terms. Despite the new mandate that you have to spend 9 out of 10 tours with a certified FTO you still have too many Officers with a year on the street attempting to train people with two weeks on the street and the results are about what you'd expect. To make matters worse, Field Training is now supposed to be three weeks instead of ten. On the new schedule, that works out to 12 days of field training in a city which is on the brink of exploding.

The Department can issue as many press releases as it wants involving catch phrases such as "the crime fight", "community policing", "building partnerships" etc. The elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about but which can't be ignored is the very real possibility of a second riot. The Department is frantically trying to prepare for what's coming. That type of frantic preparation leaves little time for anything else. As a result, I don't expect too many more trainees to come through the Academy's doors this year. Another riot could very well doom any large scale recruitment effort for 2016 as well.

Comment

• Let us not forget the actual cost of the 1st riot and the cost of the almost certain 2nd riot.

I think FEMA denied the request for funding the first one because they think the 2nd one is coming. I would personally hope it was because A) The citizens in that community caused the financial loss and B) There will almost certainly be mismanaged and stolen FEMA money just like every other program in the city but I doubt A and B is true since it's logical.

If Baltimore City ends up on the hook for their OT, loss of equipment, and OJ expenses you can bet the police budget is going to take a hit to pay it off.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:19 PM.
                                God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4718 users online. 192 members and 4526 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X