• Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any updates or news?

Comment

• Originally posted by RJB1912 View Post
      Anyone have any updates or news?
      Wish I did. Still in backgrounds. Now in my 7th month of this process

Comment

• Went to the physical on the 6th quite a number of people there and said they'll let us know when the next phase around 3-4 weeks. Feels like they're scrambling, but just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Well I am pleased to announce that I got the call yesterday! Final processing is on the 23rd.

If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Good luck to you all!

Comment

Well I am pleased to announce that I got the call yesterday! Final processing is on the 23rd.

If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Good luck to you all!
            Congrats man!!

How long did your backgrounds take (I know it's different for everyone just trying to get an estimate)

I'm sure I'll think of some more.

Appreciate it and hope to make it down there with you!

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen13 View Post
              Congrats man!!

How long did your backgrounds take (I know it's different for everyone just trying to get an estimate)

I'm sure I'll think of some more.

Appreciate it and hope to make it down there with you!
              Mine took about 3 months. I started the background after the expedited process and heard that they just finished it last Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen13 View Post
                Wish I did. Still in backgrounds. Now in my 7th month of this process
                Same for me, I'm also still in the background check portion. It's been about 2 and a half months since I took my poly, and about 6 months total. So I'm hoping I hear back soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjc2527 View Post
                  Same for me, I'm also still in the background check portion. It's been about 2 and a half months since I took my poly, and about 6 months total. So I'm hoping I hear back soon!
                  We must have taken it around the same time. Took my poly April 1. I'm predicting I'll hear back by the end of August.

Comment

• I am very surprised that the process takes so long if you didnt do the expedited process. I wish you all the best of luck.

Comment

• Question for those already hired..when they call u in for final processing..do you start working at the office immediately until academy? Or can you go back home(out of state) and wait till the academy starts? Just so I can be prepared with the whole moving in situaion

Comment

• Originally posted by vet2cop View Post
                        Question for those already hired..when they call u in for final processing..do you start working at the office immediately until academy? Or can you go back home(out of state) and wait till the academy starts? Just so I can be prepared with the whole moving in situaion
                        Hey, I PMed you, but to reiterate for anyone else on the forum, on the final processing date it sounds like they will ask you when you want to start. He said some people choose the next day, others a few weeks. It sounds like it's your preference.

Comment

• Any set academy date?

Comment

• I was told that class 2015-03 will be late July or early august.

Comment

I was told that class 2015-03 will be late July or early august.
                              That will take some doing. Word on the street is that recruitment took a huge hit after the riots and quite a few qualified applicants pulled their paperwork. I'm not saying it's impossible but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

• I'm taking the expedited process in July, it says the first day consists of the civil service test and the physical agility test.
                                Second day is written psychological and the background interview. I see some people on the forums says polygraph. Will I have to come back to MD for that portion? or is that part not in the expedited process?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5257 users online. 397 members and 4860 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X