Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just emailed my BI and told her to terminate/withdrawal my application. She didn't seem too happy about it and I couldn't care less. I seriously cannot thank all of the BPD officers on here enough for opening up my eyes to the horrors of that department. I wish all of you the best of luck and hope you transfer soon.

Comment

Last edited by triniboy05; 07-02-2018, 11:12 PM.
      God never promised that it would be easy, just that he would be there with you every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
        I just emailed my BI and told her to terminate/withdrawal my application. She didn't seem too happy about it and I couldn't care less. I seriously cannot thank all of the BPD officers on here enough for opening up my eyes to the horrors of that department. I wish all of you the best of luck and hope you transfer soon.
        Of course she wasn't happy. The BPD has an absolutely horrendous rate of attrition. Without the ability to recruit between 150 to 300 new Police Officers each year, the Department would be down to half strength in three years or less. On a more personal note, the fewer people you have in patrol the more likely it is that your investigator will be detailed and ordered back onto the street to walk foot or answer calls.

To the folks who read these boards: if you're in the process to get hired here and you decide to voluntarily terminate your application because of what's been happening please tell your investigator why you are terminating your application, preferably in writing. As long as this agency can continue to recruit enough people to keep the wheels from falling off of the cart nothing will change. If they start getting dozens of letters saying "I refuse to work here because of xxx" and it visibly impacts their bottom line they will have no choice but to take notice. The Department can only let the manpower crisis get but so serious.

Comment

• Good luck BPD guys and stay safe...remember you're in it for the 20 and to put food on the table nothing else

Comment

• while i agree that this place isn't ideal. I still recommend taking the first offer you get. you can always keep applying elsewhere and leave. you know what you're getting yourself into here, so it shouldn't be a surprise. come here, do the bare minimum, and keep applying. its a stepping stone. if you lateral, you might lose your time, but many places will match/beat your salary.

Comment

• I don't live in baltimore, nor the state of MD, but out of curiosity, why is the pay so low? Is it because the living cost is that cheap?

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                I don't live in baltimore, nor the state of MD, but out of curiosity, why is the pay so low? Is it because the living cost is that cheap?
                the cost of living definitely isn't cheap. Maryland is an expensive state to live in, unless you want to live in the ghetto. our starting salary is actually close, if not higher, than some departments, however, the annual steps aren't close to our counterparts and top pay is way under our neighbors in Balt County. its because of politics and the fact that there isn't a huge tax base in the city.

with OT, you can easily make more money. I average 100k each year with 7 years completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                  the cost of living definitely isn't cheap. Maryland is an expensive state to live in, unless you want to live in the ghetto. our starting salary is actually close, if not higher, than some departments, however, the annual steps aren't close to our counterparts and top pay is way under our neighbors in Balt County. its because of politics and the fact that there isn't a huge tax base in the city.

with OT, you can easily make more money. I average 100k each year with 7 years completed.
                  Check your PM when you Can Jvegas.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post

I'm glad you clarified that up with me. When I was researching you guys, Google said the pay was around 25k-30K, so I wasn't too sure if the pay is low, or the living cost is that cheap.

Comment

• google is way off, then. starting is 46k

Comment

• If you want to make money, come to the BPD. 68K with a degree and 5 years completed, compared to BCOPD who make 58K with 5 completed, which includes the raise they are about to get. Plus there is a ton of OT here if you want to work it. I made 100K last year on a base pay of only 53K.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
                          If you want to make money, come to the BPD. 68K with a degree and 5 years completed, compared to BCOPD who make 58K with 5 completed, which includes the raise they are about to get. Plus there is a ton of OT here if you want to work it. I made 100K last year on a base pay of only 53K.
                          That's awesome, glad to know that my degree would come in handy one day haha. Definitely will look into it

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
                            If you want to make money, come to the BPD. 68K with a degree and 5 years completed, compared to BCOPD who make 58K with 5 completed, which includes the raise they are about to get. Plus there is a ton of OT here if you want to work it. I made 100K last year on a base pay of only 53K.
                            true, BCo PD just top out/retire with more.

Comment

• Right, they make like 10K more on the backend. They don't match us until year 11 though.
                              I'm speaking solely in terms of $$, I am by no means giving a recruiting pitch!

Comment

• Hey all..hope all is well with everyone especially for those involved with whats been going on in Baltimore..just a quick question..with all that's been happening in Baltimore I'm assuming all officers were busy and last thing on their mind was recruiting..I'm currently still in the process and waiting for my background investigation to be completed by my BI..anyone know if they have resumed the hiring process? Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5699 users online. 399 members and 5300 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X